Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

Check this out. Not bad for an m3

Hahahah ftw purple is my favourite colour. I love that colour. Are the US spec ones only 240hp?

I'd give him 6k and strip it while keeping the Vaders for myself.

Jap import with a full re-spray used to = major crash damage...

That was at the dealers when I brought "Minnie Me", at that stage he was waiting for it to pass a certain age.

I was after the strut brace :ph34r:

Thats been for sale a couple of times now. Only really good for parts IMO, but it does have some good parts (interior, wheels, strut brace, intake, rear wing etc). Engine is only marginally better than an M52B28

Prefect for boost!

Thought the exact same thing this afternoon. Give it a crunchy special and go drifting!

• Like 1

Dave you could do with those seats though :) hard to find that colour..id personally love to boost this hahah

Yeah I saw that too Dave. Pretty bloody boring build sheet if you ask me. Oh well. That interior colour of yours is awesome though

Id happily pay 6k-7 for it

I'm just saying welcome now to the un-suspecting person who buys it and joins the forum next year ....

• Like 4

72000 miles for a 21 year old car is pretty good for a car like that or have i missed something!!!

The guy did not take kindly to me saying only a mug would buy it for 10k, in fact he was a total dick about it and basically told me to f**k off.

I hope it rots in their yard before some mug does buy it.

I hate to state the obvious Dave ... but what were you expecting when you walk into a car dealership and tell them no one will buy that car? Sit you down give you a massage then wine and dine you and say you are absolutely right?

I actually personally quite like the LHD.

For sake of argument ... what's wrong with buying this for say $8K .. rip the motor out and sell for $500 (surely someone would buy it), buy a proper S50B3X and do a conversion (what are these kits going for these days?? $5K??). You'd still have a fairly cheap M3 with the WBS VIN and the proper heart it was suppose to have.

Not liking the colour change on it though, but for a track hack probably worth it?

I don't think he knows that you are an E36 M3 enthusiast/expert. Cut the guy some slack. I am sure like you've said he got burned on that import - thinking 'holy sh*t, that's one cheap E36 M3' only to realise on import that it is anything but the real deal.

The market will determine it's value I am sure ... but I'd rather this and then do a conversion, over buying a reshelled E36 M3 that you see so often pop up for sale for much much more money.

Edited by M3_Power

^^^ it then becomes a bastard child and is worth lest IMO . motor/ chassis has to match and is important .

race hack no worriers, but has to be cheap$ 4.500 would be my best offer.

So Im guessing it needed a repair cert for compliance? Thats probably why its final compliance..either that or it needed mechanical repairs. Personally I do like the colour. But after seeing the power figures its not that impressive

its been sold at least once before since import, so it makes me wonder why it hasnt been complied until now.