Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

Back with a new lease of life

He must've got it cheap if he's spent $7K and wants $26.5K. He's a dealer so surely wouldn't want to lose on a car.

Either that or he bought it for himself and the bills keep mounting so he's cutting his losses.

more family friendly? lol what?

Wife prob saw the bills..

Wife prob saw the bills..

yeah "keeping the family together" friendly.

But for what it is, reasonably competitive? hey look at least he is honest about it, rather than all the other shady sellers, that 318i/M3 E36 springs to mind etc.

• Like 1

My goodness. How interesting.

Was this not the one with the knocking issues?

Reshelled bearings?

Has to be bearings huh as it is the same body at a glance. Pretty sure it was big end knock.

You wouldn't get a body re-shell, plus all that engine work for $7k, shirley.

yeah "keeping the family together" friendly.

But for what it is, reasonably competitive? hey look at least he is honest about it, rather than all the other shady sellers, that 318i/M3 E36 springs to mind etc.

Agree, better than a one liner: "goes sweet, mint azzz"

He must've got it cheap if he's spent $7K and wants $26.5K. He's a dealer so surely wouldn't want to lose on a car.

Either that or he bought it for himself and the bills keep mounting so he's cutting his losses.

Don't think you can sell them for much more now. Some E60 M5's are in the low 30's these days.

Although I find the E39s more appealing somehow...

Edited by Matth5

im not entirely sure why anyone is actually thinking the body was changed, its obvious its had new big end shells installed as previous viewers noted a deathly knock. The body is the same, still has the same marks/dents etc.

What i would be interested to know, is what work was done during the reshelling.... but im not going to buy it, so doesnt really matter me.

Parked at U sell... is this the place where anyone can walk in off the road and take em for a test drive? That would put me off all together.

Parked at U sell... is this the place where anyone can walk in off the road and take em for a test drive? That would put me off all together.

Car jam says its a 520i chassis, I remember it had a cert plate in other sellers auction about 6 months ago. Seems interesting and id be suprised if he got that for it. Thats almost high km's E60 m5 price territory. From my experience chopped up cars are never the same imo :/

Car jam says its a 520i chassis, I remember it had a cert plate in other sellers auction about 6 months ago. Seems interesting and id be suprised if he got that for it. Thats almost high km's E60 m5 price territory. From my experience chopped up cars are never the same imo :/

uh no, the one in the OP is a genuine M5 body/chassis. Even carjam says its an M5, and running the vin confirms it.

The one you are thinking of is a different car, which was down here in wellington (i tried to buy it but couldnt get hold of the seller). Imported M5 couldnt be complied due to damage, so got completely reshelled into 520i.

uh no, the one in the OP is a genuine M5 body/chassis. Even carjam says its an M5, and running the vin confirms it.

The one you are thinking of is a different car, which was down here in wellington (i tried to buy it but couldnt get hold of the seller). Imported M5 couldnt be complied due to damage, so got completely reshelled into 520i.

Ahh, that makes complete sense. Think that one sold for around 18k if I remember correctly

last i checked the ownership hadnt changed, so no idea whats up with that one.

• Like 1

I rang about the car, spoke to BM workshop. Besain vanos kit with rattle kits. New bearing shells, crank oval but within tolerance according to crank machine shop not worth touching. New thermostat, New coils. And service.

Could be good for an enthusiast who can fix up al the little things that would cost too much at the dealer.