E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

35 minutes ago, drc said:

That’s my e30, price was hard to indicate. But I think I will stick to 57 and see what happens. info on the car, I will update the listing at some point. Suggestions would be lovely

and I do not disagree about the wheels

You gotta try - it’s probably the only Granitsilber Tech2 in NZ, has low kms and looks very tidy.

More info to help would really just be major maintenance completed recently etc, especially if it sat a few years.

• Like 2

I have seen another e30 325i tech2  in Warkworth, seen it a few times  but couldn’t tell you if it is dolphin or granite. very tidy car. Thanks for the Advice I had the e30 go in for a service a couple months back and had them look over everything. Oil and oil filter where changed, rear brakes and brake fluid,  a/c belt. Have updated my Trademe post thanks 

• Like 2

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/4289575679

1988 E30 M3 - listed at $125k.

However, TM description says:

"Damaged import check

This vehicle was imported into New Zealand with obvious damage or deterioration. This alert will not appear if the vehicle had superficial dents to some of its body panels."

Which doesn't mean it is a bad car - lots of M3s were raced, significantly crashed, rebuilt, and sell for BIG money. Just something to be aware of.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 5:30 PM, Neil McCauley said:

May as well ask here, does anyone recall the name of the serial E30 owner around Cambridge way? Username Beemwr or similar? He's got something E30 related I'd quite like to get my hands on.

Can confirm Dave from Halcombe is a (very) serial e30 - and e36 compact - owner.   He has the bug quite badly, and does appear to be very knowledgeable on cars and prices.

13 hours ago, gjm said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/4289575679

1988 E30 M3 - listed at $125k.

However, TM description says:

"Damaged import check

This vehicle was imported into New Zealand with obvious damage or deterioration. This alert will not appear if the vehicle had superficial dents to some of its body panels."

Which doesn't mean it is a bad car - lots of M3s were raced, significantly crashed, rebuilt, and sell for BIG money. Just something to be aware of.

Evo 3 front splitter, not an Evo 2 front spoiler, the side skirts aren't Evo 3 (no such thing) and have been repainted gloss; not the factory satin, the premium audio speaker enclosures on the rear parcel tray are on the wrong sides, and if that's the park setting for the wiper arms, they've not been put back correctly after removal. At $125K, details matter.

Evo 3 rubber seals between the front bumper /wings / headlight grilles though, so there's promise of potentially more choice goodies.

• Like 1

Wonder if they actually have the code for the stereo?

• Haha 2

OK - from the M3 to a more mundane example.

1987 318i automatic. So, the M10B18 (great engine!)

Sensible mileage, decent but not outstanding condition (and not claimed to be), a coupe, no sunroof... Needs manual window winders to be a true poverty spec (my favourite).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/4290703953

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Evo 3 rubber seals between the front bumper /wings / headlight grilles though, so there's promise of potentially more choice goodies.

The seals on top of the bumper are the “normal” M3 3-piece seals not Evo3, and there aren’t any bonnet to guard seals fitted in those photos?

Plenty wrong to make it perfect - the non-dogleg box (Jap Spec), aftermarket wheels and non-black rocker cover are the big ones for me. But overall presents pretty well for a lightly refreshed M3, how much M3 do you get for $125k these days? 
Market has definitely slowed recently, not a lot of spare change in the economy for playthings like week-end classics right now so could take a while to find a new home.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Jono51 said:

Maybe this one is more suited to the budget perhaps 

cheapest E30 on trademe 🙂

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/toys-models/die-casts/corgi/listing/4287582913

FSH, very low running costs, always garaged, never seen a wet road...

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2023 at 9:45 AM, gjm said:

OK - from the M3 to a more mundane example.

1987 318i automatic. So, the M10B18 (great engine!)

Sensible mileage, decent but not outstanding condition (and not claimed to be), a coupe, no sunroof... Needs manual window winders to be a true poverty spec (my favourite).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/4290703953

it's had some paint splashed around it, looks like it's had a front-ender and been repaired.

10 hours ago, Sammo said:

Mtech 1 / 2 Hybrid?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/4300604823

Interesting, I don't think the leather interior hurts it at all but definately looks like it needs some love.

https://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/68350-1987-e30-m325i/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sammo said:

Ahhh I did wonder if it was the one in question from your other thread but for some reason I had assumed it was a tech 2.

The bodywork makes it look like one.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/119000884602442/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A520ef6cf-b343-4e21-a519-1d0012cd344d

The description for the listing is nearly as retarded as the current prices for E30's.
"had some work done to the motor dont know what make an offer"  $7K

Product photo of bmw 325i

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Driftit said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/119000884602442/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A520ef6cf-b343-4e21-a519-1d0012cd344d

The description for the listing is nearly as retarded as the current prices for E30's.
"had some work done to the motor dont know what make an offer"  $7K

Product photo of bmw 325i

Thank goodness he's used a cover on it

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When you know what you have you best keep that thing covered from prying eyes. 

Bet he just got sick of classic car collectors making offers on his rare one of 2 million made E30's and covered it up.

I cover my projects as so I am not tempted to actually work on them let alone look at them. One day I'm going to uncover them and pretend its a barn find in my own garage. 

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, MD13 said:

This look nice - Cab

Discussed already?

That actually looks like a great car with a realistic price

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sammo said:

That actually looks like a great car with a realistic price

Saw this parked in Sumner Christchurch Saturday afternoon. A lovely looking little car. Shame the seller is getting a bit of a pasting  from "bona fide" inquirers on the listing...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bandit said:

Saw this parked in Sumner Christchurch Saturday afternoon. A lovely looking little car. Shame the seller is getting a bit of a pasting  from "bona fide" inquirers on the listing...

The questions section becomes a comment's section on Trade-Me when it comes to "special" interest cars.  

Has anyone asked about the cambelt yet? I swear that's the "Dad is a bit of a car expert" weapon of choice. Has anyone actually ever purchased a car on trade-me after asking that question? 

The best thing about running a classified on there meant no one could ask questions, not sure if its still the same. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Apex said:

The questions section becomes a comment's section on Trade-Me when it comes to "special" interest cars.  

Then there's the 'organised' flip side - the questions from non-buyers which start with "Looks like a great car!" and go on to either praise the seller, praise the car, or offer opportunities to compare to lesser examples.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gjm said:

Then there's the 'organised' flip side - the questions from non-buyers which start with "Looks like a great car!" and go on to either praise the seller, praise the car, or offer opportunities to compare to lesser examples.

I had that a few weeks back, they even put a bid in after me assuming I would keep bidding. I didn't. The "other buyer" won the auction. But wouldn't you know it, that same day the seller contacted me saying the "other buyer" didn't make contact. Was actually to my advantage as I offered him less than what I would have paid and he accepted it knowing well that the item had been relisted for 8 weeks and I was the only real bidder. 

I have over 5,000 sales on trade-Me and can say out of that 5,000 plus sales I could count on one hand how many "question askers" actually follow through, the conversion is so low I could only recall two in the past 5 years. 

Real buyers do their own homework, read the descriptions properly and if still in doubt, call me on the phone. Remember than next time your two Export Golds deep and decide to ask if that 2017 AMG E63 you cant afford has had its cambelt done. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Apex said:

I had that a few weeks back, they even put a bid in after me assuming I would keep bidding. I didn't. The "other buyer" won the auction. But wouldn't you know it, that same day the seller contacted me saying the "other buyer" didn't make contact. Was actually to my advantage as I offered him less than what I would have paid and he accepted it knowing well that the item had been relisted for 8 weeks and I was the only real bidder. 

I have over 5,000 sales on trade-Me and can say out of that 5,000 plus sales I could count on one hand how many "question askers" actually follow through, the conversion is so low I could only recall two in the past 5 years. 

Real buyers do their own homework, read the descriptions properly and if still in doubt, call me on the phone. Remember than next time your two Export Golds deep and decide to ask if that 2017 AMG E63 you cant afford has had its cambelt done. 

Real talk

• Like 1