Sammo

Lachssilber 1989 E30 M325i

Any updates on the new radio Sam? How happy are you with it? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cammsport said:

Any updates on the new radio Sam? How happy are you with it? 

Yeah, loving it - it looks totally at home in the dash works perfectly and sounds pretty good even with my unknown (stock??) front components and 20 year old 6x9s.

Have amp pre-outs if I eventually run out of other things to spend money on too.

Shipping and communication has been great too - he actually sent me a free microphone grill / plug that looks cool in the dash (it is a slightly different surface that makes it look a little lighter but not obvious in the flesh) and makes Bluetooth calls easy and clear too.

A9411CA1-3C1F-4B53-BC75-048BE8A28E21.jpeg

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, qube said:

Looks amazing! Love how it says E30 325i lol

Can get the guy to custom program any 8 characters you want for the bluetooth input - pretty sweet!

• Like 1

Where can I get one of these radios??? Looks awesome.

Just found the info further back in the thread ... cheers

https://www.instagram.com/bmwradios/?hl=en

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/e30-classified-forums/for-sale-wanted/parts-for-sale/9978890-original-bmw-radios-with-bluetooth-hands-free-and-button-control

Edited by Mark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Yup - the guy is very responsive and customer focus - works through paypal and ships via DHL.

Was $700 landed including shipping - not cheap, but a better looking option than the Blaupunkt SQR46 IMO.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, qube said:

$700 😲

B2EB1880-4367-4CA4-BA57-A5757BE4FC68.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Exciting day today, would have been much more exciting if my tyres were not 3 weeks away though!

6BF87D48-5FB7-4F4D-9051-CB02442F5BEE.jpeg

• Like 6

Those are such good reps (heaps better than mine) right size at 16” and the little key lock on the centre are great. Will look so good on your car.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Those are such good reps (heaps better than mine) right size at 16” and the little key lock on the centre are great. Will look so good on your car.

Thank you! They certainly seem well finished - a little heavier (1kg) than genuine lightweight Alpina's but not complete boat anchors and TUV certified for peace of mind.

The centre cap does not have a lock, rather a rubber gasket and push-in clip fit, plus an allen screw hidden under the little cover to have them completely secured. 

• Like 2

Great, good sized BMW meet at Smales farm today, great cross section of cars from E34 wagons, V8 E36, M4 CS, a gang of tuff 135i's and a couple of E30's.

New wheels and tyres will be going on Thursday, so one last photo with the Basketweaves on a perfect Sunday afternoon.

IMG-4367.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Sammo said:

Great, good sized BMW meet at Smales farm today, great cross section of cars from E34 wagons, V8 E36, M4 CS, a gang of tuff 135i's and a couple of E30's.

New wheels and tyres will be going on Thursday, so one last photo with the Basketweaves on a perfect Sunday afternoon.

IMG-4367.jpg

saw your car at the meet today, looked great! lots of cool cars out, I was one of the 135is, was going great until bank 1 decided to misfire 

• Like 3

@Sammo

Was nice meeting you today, your e30 looks awesome! 

F06BA704-782C-479D-9DB7-AE422DC63217.thumb.jpeg.099c108f0272cd889b2093330ad3d3f4.jpeg7BF6C558-E9CA-4AFC-8922-994F7B2ECFC2.thumb.jpeg.d50120f3bd93ca00b2fe5174a1b69e6a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, elias said:

saw your car at the meet today, looked great! lots of cool cars out, I was one of the 135is, was going great until bank 1 decided to misfire 

Ahhh that’s a bummer - the E82s all looked great, such bad ass little cars.

• Like 2

@Kees you too - E34 looked good rolling over the bridge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sammo said:

Great, good sized BMW meet at Smales farm today

I should quit spending to get mine running and just buy a trailer so i can tow it to some meets before i can cash out my kiwi saver and get it completed :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Quick Monday afternoon mod:

Swapped out my stiff, notchy, ghetto ‘short shifter’ that came with the car.

Put in a new BMW Z3 1.9 lever with a new shifter cup, fresh redline MTL and a clutch stop.

Huge difference for the small amount of time and money invested.

Shifts are now short, firm and precise but with far less notchiness and it is much easier to get into reverse / 2nd gear downshifts etc.

Will get the shifter bushings done sometime later in the year - likely an outsourced job though.

Images of the old ghetto shifter with bolt on extension to shorten throw.

B90CDFC3-4B8A-464D-942F-E05FB51FBDFC.jpeg

• Like 5

OE short shifters are always money well spent in my book. 

• Like 1

Exciting morning for me yesterday - new wheels and tyres went on finally.

Maxilite Alpina wheels in 16x7 ET28 and 16x8 ET28 with Yokohama AD08R's in 205/50 and 225/45.

Absolutely stoked - wheels look fantastic and fitment is great, probably pushing it about as far as practical without rubbing / rolling. I am probably going to raise it 5-10mm all-round over Easter - it looks great but is a wee bit impractical at this height.

The tyres look super aggressive as well and the car is feeling significantly more planted and turns much sharper without an obvious NVH impact (the 205/55/15's were old RE002's).

Car has not been aligned but tracks much straighter, will be aligning once new control arms, CAB's and tie-rods go in soon - should be handling far better than I could ever exploit by then.

Obligatory photoshoot.

M325i Dec 21-30.jpg

M325i Dec 21-23.jpg

M325i Dec 21-24.jpg

M325i Dec 21-26.jpg

M325i Dec 21-27.jpg

M325i Dec 21-28.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Looks great! Did you get in trouble for taking photos at that location? I know that the shop owners are never happy with people coming into their private carpark for photoshoots haha

• Like 1

Heart emojis all round, looks sweet as Sam @Sammo.  Beautiful car

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, qube said:

Looks great! Did you get in trouble for taking photos at that location? I know that the shop owners are never happy with people coming into their private carpark for photoshoots haha

No one there on Easter Friday?