Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Delete this /\

tis a secrett :P

Haha. ok..

Thrashed it a little after getting pissed off at work. Hope it passes it's WoF tomorrow.

Thrashed it a little after getting pissed off at work. Hope it passes it's WoF tomorrow.

Stay in mantrol :D

Without speeding past 50 I hope! :P

Not at all. I certainly didnt go past 50 when i was in the 30 zone... -_-

Edit: Also, if i did speed at any point and got caught for it, I'd be the first to point the finger at the pol... myself. Because I'd deserve it well and truly.

Edited by huff3r

Got a new 5 speed gearbox for it.

What happened to the old 5 speed?

Got the car out of the garage.

Some how got distracted. Left the lock nut tool on the bolt when I drove off. Haven't yet found it but Hamilton is a small place

Some how got distracted. Left the lock nut tool on the bolt when I drove off. Haven't yet found it but Hamilton is a small place

Replacements can be ordered from BMW.

Cheers. I'll call in there. I've still got a little bit of hope that i'll find it somewhere down the road

Just confirmed the headlight adjusters on my E39 are broken.

:rolleyes:

Looks like I'll ask someone who knows what they're doing... Too nervous to fix that myself!

Just confirmed the headlight adjusters on my E39 are broken.

:rolleyes:

Looks like I'll ask someone who knows what they're doing... Too nervous to fix that myself!

Very common, replaced so many.

Yep done that one. Only went around the block and never found it.

New one was about $17 IIRC

Found the lock nut key about 400m up the road this morning. I skipped all the way back home.

Also got on the alignment rack at tec and got the current setup straight.

pulled my boot lining off, took my parcel tray, back seats and speakers out and moved the expansion tank. All in order to pin point the annoying sound that is coming from the rear drivers side suspension set-up. Guess ill put up with it till I install the new springs.

got the beast back on wheels again now, complete front and rear suspension and steering back in in about 4 hours.

No springs in the back and no motor in the front makes for some epic gangster stances...

Edited by -Oli-

Changed oil. 10 points BMW for putting the oil filter on the top of the engine. Easiest oil change ever.

Cleaned and added another layer of wax, treated glass with glass science products, don’t even need to use the wipers now, rain flies off now.

Wife did an awesome job of customising the driver side rim with a curb. Second time this year and they were re finished just before anniversary weekend meet.

Not a BMW but, I made seat covers for both my bikes the other day, here's the Honda with a pretty new seat cover.

post-4655-1305507162.jpg

Changed oil. 10 points BMW for putting the oil filter on the top of the engine. Easiest oil change ever.

Must have been the weekend for it as I did mine too. Thanks to a pit, was all done in 15mins

Hi brunch, Simon, what year is the e39, have opened up a few of the later model ones no big deal just fiddle and time consuming. The adjusters arent that expensive if you wanted to have a go at it yourself.

- New key for E39, Diamond shape facelift master key

- 7500k CCFL Angel Eyes (Replaced the 10000k ones which were blue, yuck)

- White LED interior courtesy lights

- White LED liscence plate lights

Where did you buy the LEDs from Ryan, eBay? are they good quality? .. whatever you got.

Hey - it's a facelift '01 with Angel Eyes and Xenons.

I've been told by a few that it's a much bigger job than the non facelifts unfortunately, and new adjustment kits don't actually exist.

A cable tie has done a great job for now though!

Hi brunch, Simon, what year is the e39, have opened up a few of the later model ones no big deal just fiddle and time consuming. The adjusters arent that expensive if you wanted to have a go at it yourself.

Pulled the E34 out of the shed. stared at it for a while. resolved to get a manual in it. stared at it some more. put it back in the shed.

Drove it. A lot. Exciting news: New tail-light bulb yesterday.

To be done soon:

Oil change

Possibly new (straighter) bonnet.

Moar picsss