Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Dragged it out of the garage for a super quick hose/dry down.

Mrs thinks I'm crazy coz I do it once a week, she ain't seen the dust my little garage covers the car in haha

Covered the front of the F30 in dead insects, driving to and from Napier over the long week-end. Boy do those bugs get attracted to the adaptive LED headlights at night.

Extra note: the front of an F30 is a real bitch to clean dead bugs out of, so many nooks and crannies that they get caught in, where it's hard to get a sponge or brush.

Hardwired the Valentine One into the E30. 'How to' to come!

post-41073-0-85127900-1422844980.jpg

Threw the front calipers on to give me some motivation. Car needs a visit to the Dr, it's caught more STDs. (Before I get slammed yes it's on upside down, was just mocking it up.) Posted ImagePosted Image

Mmmm bbk :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

GReddy make them, then Std chuck a graphic on them. I just think of them as GReddy and it puts my mind at ease.

Got my block and Pistons and rods back from the engine guy. Will give me something to do over the long weekend if I can get my cams and other bits and pieces from a mate of mine.

Big thanks to ray and Sam at Hellbm for sorting me out a timing cover and dropping it off at the engine shop, mega service as always.

Installed my angel eyes finally after having them sitting at my shop for 4 months. Lol looks way different. Also took off my front bumper and realigned the mounting tabs on the vehicle. Me thinks the mrs won't be driving this much anymore hahaha

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its really simple to do also. If anyone needs theirs done pm me. :)

• Like 2

Finished my manual conversion, put the E30 back on the ground and enjoyed a 5th cog.

then proceeded to valet it.. what a difference. Progress post to come in project thread later in the week

• Like 3

All prepped for LEADFOOT Festival :)

- ATB diff installed (promise I'll remove it before our next BMWRDS E30 series round at Puke)

- new Hawkes up front

- bled brakes, top up fluid

- power steering belt reinstalled

- spanner check

- car packed including period clothing 80's were still in wardrobe)

Come and support the BMWs @ Hahei for Waitangi Weekend..

^^^^^^^^

Picture at leadfoot or it didn't happen.

Will do Neal.. check the link above to drivers & cars for 2015, quite a few BMW's ..

Friday practice will be WET ! (tree magnets may be activated)

Saturday & Sunday forecast is fine weather :)

• Like 1

Replaced the fan clutch with a brand new one after trying 2 used parts. No more sitting in traffic with my heaters on full blast this summer!!

• Like 1

Today I picked up the car and got a wheel alignment. And that's because I dropped it off at SJ's (EUROHO's) shop, Apex Auto on Porana Road to have the following done:

• New Eibach springs
  • New Eibach sway bars
  • Rear trailing arm bushing reinforcements welded in
  • Rear sway bar mount reinforcements welded in
It hasn't settled in yet but I'm already delighted with the results. And the service was second to none, it's a pleasure to have enthusiasts work on my car as many of you know and he's crazy local. Getting text updates throughout the day and finding a massive catalog of photo's had been taken made my day. But to read more and see more you'll need to check out my PLOG thread (although that will only be updated later, I'm about to head out).

What a pleasure to work on such a well maintained and extremely cared for vehicle Dave. Love your car man. Hope the springs settle soon. Loving your set up
  • Like 1

started on the 5spd manual swap on the old 635csi

anyone want a good zf 4hp22eh auto trans ??

also replaced the tool tray with a nicer one and seom newer looking tools (from a sa e30 kit) :)

also managed to get some koni adjustables and lower springs for it

got some seat adaptor plates made up for the e46 coupe seats ,

along with the rest of a black interior to go into it

post-279-0-55553400-1423642819_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-84550100-1423642823_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-39204200-1423642829_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-24472900-1423642834_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-59321600-1423642838_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-29447600-1423642843_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-90562000-1423642846_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-63843300-1423642852_thumb.jpg

What a pleasure to work on such a well maintained and extremely cared for vehicle Dave. Love your car man. Hope the springs settle soon. Loving your set up

Don't want to sound like a troll or anything as i'm no spring expert but do springs actually 'settle' ?

Don't want to sound like a troll or anything as i'm no spring expert but do springs actually 'settle' ? 

Yeah man they do after a while driving. They do seem to go lower just a fraction because the vehicles body weight compresses them ever so slighty. Under load they are always that much lower than with no load. Its like a breaking in period so to speak

got bimmer back from the shop today, so many claims to be made - god bless warranty haha

but no longer one-eyed weiner hahaha angel eye fixed :)

Washed it and took some pics.

Posted Image

Looks brilliant Dave. It was pretty clean though the other day mate

Having a coffee, Dave the car is lookinnn good.

Half way through installing my con rod bearings.

I can see the light

Washed it.

Didn't take pics.

Thought about getting some ACS 17x8 rims.

Don't think, do.

Hmm. et38, too. Not quite perfect for an E46, but could work.

Whacked the snot out of the petrol tank on the race car, trying to get the dent out of the bottom of it.

Piece of wood through the pump/filler hole in the top, seemed to work a bit. Those fumes though...

• Like 1