Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

post-51379-14271705266766.jpg

Gah! Just got home. Tried to get it to tick over by driving up and down my short driveway but got bored. Anyone else have a high kms m series car? Daily driven ftw

• Like 1

not quite daily driven (too thirsty )

but my e28 m535i with a 3.65L M88 engine has 527,000km

that's equivalent to 1.37 times to the moon and back :D

or 14 times to the Uk and back

or 13 times around the earth

• Like 2

They don't quite make em like they used to

ah very nice - old school m88 motorsport engine .. any s-series engines done high kms??

the old girl finally ticked over 290,000 this morning and celebrated by flashing its interior lights and angel eyes for 15 minutes and refused to lock after I parked at work.

shes calmed down now and business as per usual.

• Like 2

380,000ks on the e30 ... everythings has been replaced mind you.

In other news, replaced the upper and lower radiator hoses again on the 540i ... gotta love that design. Qaulity. These ones lasted 70,000ks

• Like 1

nearly ended up with a 60-something year old man splattered all over my bonnet. DONT TXT AND WALK PEOPLE

• Like 1

E46 sh*t another coil (third time) on the missus drive home. And I was out of town so she had to walk home. God I'm sick of this car! And she won't accept the e30 325i se as a replacement which is even more disappointing

E46 sh*t another coil (third time) on the missus drive home. And I was out of town so she had to walk home. God I'm sick of this car! And she won't accept the e30 325i se as a replacement which is even more disappointing

$50 and a bag of chips? ;)

$50 and a bag of chips? ;)

Mmmmm tempting. What flavour chips are we talking here??

Mmmmm tempting. What flavour chips are we talking here??

Hot chips. With chicken salt.

• Like 2

Mmm chicken salt....

Well I fixed it today, was a coil pack on no.3 this time. So ordered a whole new set today which should stop the reoccurring issue

Picked up new steering rack for e30. Figured while the motors out I should probably do this. Am going to ditch the power steering also while I'm at it. Anyone who's done this please let me know how you went about it. Im currently thinking of using the blanking plates with the breather holes but will drilling holes into the banjo bolts achieve the same thing if I put a nylon spacer in between?

Cheers as always to Ray for sussing this at a bargain price.

Edit should add its the e46 desirable one.

post-1246-0-53452400-1427772382_thumb.jp

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 1

Bought a cup holder from Slammed E46.

It's the little things, y'know? :)

Finally got some centre caps. Now to seriously consider the refurb

a0b7cc1352c6d50b73bf0cca6839f928.jpg

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 5

Have figured out that unlike an e36 rack, you will have to use inner and outer tie rods from an e30. Measuring them up , the e46 tie rods are about 10mm longer from centre to end. Theoretically you could wind them in all the way but even then it is still about 3mm too long. This is all measured on a bench and I guess would work out to be the same when installed. It's a shame because the e46 tie rods are so much more grunty than the puss little e30 ones.

Also bmw are bloody GCs in that they mark the centre point of where the rack is centred. Measured it off the ends and it's pretty darn close. The rest you can tweak off the splines on the UJ

post-1246-0-20717600-1427780992_thumb.jp

Picked up new steering rack for e30. Figured while the motors out I should probably do this. Am going to ditch the power steering also while I'm at it. Anyone who's done this please let me know how you went about it. Im currently thinking of using the blanking plates with the breather holes but will drilling holes into the banjo bolts achieve the same thing if I put a nylon spacer in between?

Cheers as always to Ray for sussing this at a bargain price.

Edit should add its the e46 desirable one.

I'm using one of these jobbies. On an e30 rack, mind, but same theory I would have thought.

http://www.condorspeedshop.com/collections/e30-parts/products/aluminum-power-steering-delete-block-plate-e30

Yeah those are the ones I was looking at. How well do they work

New Century Yuasa Battery for the cabby today, second battery to drop a cell, got to get rid of this chinese alternator in there.

go OEM or go get a toyota.

ass bandits.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the hose inlets on an e36 rack are the same as an e46 rack? I Need to get a blanking plate but only have e36/z3 listed and they haven't used one on an e46 before. Chur

Finally got some centre caps. Now to seriously consider the refurb a0b7cc1352c6d50b73bf0cca6839f928.jpg

So much want a set of those for the 8er!

Yeah I'm not worried about the fitment. More the exact spacing across the two banjo bolts. You can buy blanking plates to suit e36 but they can't confirm that they work on e46

Racks. I guess if you didn't have to mod anything they should be the same?