Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

On 4/16/2024 at 9:50 PM, e30ftw said:

Bought my first E46 325i touring a few weeks ago. Previous owner had been chasing what he suspected was a "vacuum leak", causing a slight miss at cold start but otherwise drove well.

I got under yesterday to do the fuel filter and trans mounts. Took the cover off the fuel filter and sre enough the vacuum line is perished at the regulator. Take the filter off, replace the fuel lines and vacuum line while I'm there and finish up. Had the old fuel filter on my bench with black fuel and sediment coming out of it and that's when I realized the date on it was the build date of the e46.

22 years / 160000kms later.. yikes!

20240416_194202.jpg

20240416_194125.jpg

I had the same thing on my 94 316i compact! Worse thing was it was dealer serviced most of its life, and had 220k on the clock.

Got my partly broken x5 it’s own partly broken x5. 

IMG_4699.jpeg

IMG_4700.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, euroriffic said:

Got my partly broken x5 it’s own partly broken x5. 

Ohh is that getting parted out, is it? Would there be a spare towing module in there somewhere I could scavenge? 😏

12 hours ago, euroriffic said:

I had the same thing on my 94 316i compact! Worse thing was it was dealer serviced most of its life, and had 220k on the clock.

Just because it's dealer serviced doesn't mean anything if the owner declines to follow the recommendations. Usually once it's out of warranty, customers don't really seem to care

• Like 1

A new (new new?) EGR assembly (assume they have finally caught up with updated part manufacture, had a Wahler valve after first replacement) and a new OE Pilkington windscreen

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8779.jpeg

Edited by balancerider

Test pass with a Rupes yellow DA fine foam and Farcela G3 1+2 compound.

Might have to dig a bit further into the clear coat with a Rupes DA blue coarse and commensurate compound.

IMG_5539 copy.jpg

• Like 3

First quarter of the job. Good box out

IMG_4735.jpeg

• Like 2