Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Drove it home from Fleetwood Mac. Awesome concert! Lindsey Buckingham is the man!!!

Nice!!

Parents are going to it on Sunday in Auckland.

I originally had a ticket for the tour dates that got cancelled.

Decided more car parts were needed, so that meant passing on Fleetwood Mac for the new dates :(

Nice!!

Parents are going to it on Sunday in Auckland.

I originally had a ticket for the tour dates that got cancelled.

Decided more car parts were needed, so that meant passing on Fleetwood Mac for the new dates :(

I was glad they canned the first one, least this way they had the full band since Christie Mcvie wasn't coming before, or to dunedin.

I would of put car parts off to see them, said they'll be back but wait and see I guess

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 1

So I gave the Baur some new pipes today. Remus rear muffler and 2.5 inch from the headers back. So much quieter than the double exhaust and rear muffler which was rotten at its core. There definitely wasn't enough back pressure. The remus is nice and quiet and it is really raspy at the higher rev ranges

Heres some pics :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

ok next thing to do is delete the high stop taillight

• Like 3

the more i see of your Baur the more i like it. Used to think they were the ugliest thing ever. Looking great!

ok next thing to do is delete the high stop taillight

Definitely next on my list dude. Haha

Looking awesome SJ.
Agree with Remus muffler quietness, Mine's rather quiet until i put my foot down and then comes on with a nice rasp. It's quiet whilst cruising along as well which is nice.

the more i see of your Baur the more i like it. Used to think they were the ugliest thing ever. Looking great!

Baurs are great. Parts are actually much easier and cheaper to find than for verts.

Looking awesome SJ.

Agree with Remus muffler quietness, Mine's rather quiet until i put my foot down and then comes on with a nice rasp. It's quiet whilst cruising along as well which is nice.

Thanks Dion! can't wait to see your beast!

Thanks man. I used to also but after my cousin got one back home in South Africa I fell inlove with them

Baurs are great. Parts are actually much easier and cheaper to find than for verts.

If you know which direction to point me in for parts that would be muchly appreciated buddy!!

Changed the rocker cover gasket and set the valve clearances today. Wayyy out of spec!! Engine is super clean inside though so stoked! Ordered new intake boot from Germany as mine has been siliconed to sh*t. Haha

Pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Must be a fair bit quieter since dialing in the valve adjustments? 

Indeed is. Only tick I hear is the injector pulses which please me haha

Hey Brent has one he is wrecking if you know someone after some bits.... also he has some E36 and E46 bath tubs too

• Like 2

Still trying to find why the touring is down on power. Scan had nothing, Compression test was all good, replaced pvc valve as there was a lot of sh*t in it and a lot of oil in the intake and blowing out the exhaust, stopped the smoking issue, but still no power improvement. Cleaned the throttle body, Ran some upper cylinder cleaner through it, cleared more sh*t out but still no power.

Next step is vanos and check if the cat is blocked.

Oh and when I was out test driving it the clutch line came out the master and put brake fluid everywhere. And when trying to take the retaining clip off it flew off under the carpet never to be seen again. Looks like it's cable ties to hold it in

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 1

Still trying to find why the touring is down on power. Scan had nothing, Compression test was all good, replaced pvc valve as there was a lot of sh*t in it and a lot of oil in the intake and blowing out the exhaust, stopped the smoking issue, but still no power improvement. Cleaned the throttle body, Ran some upper cylinder cleaner through it, cleared more sh*t out but still no power.

Next step is vanos and check if the cat is blocked.

Oh and when I was out test driving it the clutch line came out the master and put brake fluid everywhere. And when trying to take the retaining clip off it flew off under the carpet never to be seen again. Looks like it's cable ties to hold it in

Blocked cat can be a performance killer. What's the mileage on your Touring?

I've also seen performance issues as a result of a tired fuel pump. No errors cos it's still working, and gentle driving is fine, but put your foot down and there's no more to be had.

• Like 1

I've also seen performance issues as a result of a tired fuel pump. No errors cos it's still working, and gentle driving is fine, but put your foot down and there's no more to be had.

I think my E30 has this issue :( runs out of pull above 4500rpm or so

would be easy to check with a fuel pressure gauge, wouldnt it? Watch for pressure drop at the rail?

would be easy to check with a fuel pressure gauge, wouldnt it? Watch for pressure drop at the rail?

yes but in my case i cant check it when i am barrelling along a back road when i notice the problem though

Blocked cat can be a performance killer. What's the mileage on your Touring?

Has 199xxx on it. Unsure if it's fuel pump, when at lower rpm it seems to struggle and has the odd miss, but up the higher revs seems to pull better, that's why I'm thinking its vanos or cat. Has about as much power as a 318/320

installed the new radiator, along with some new hoses and expansion tank cap. Lets hope this fixes the fluctuating coolant temp problem I was chasing!

• Like 2

Toby is there anything on that engine of yours that can still be changed!?

• Like 1