Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Its an e30, you dont have a choice .. it makes it its business to turn it into one.

haha!! Speaking of which, can I grab those spring compressors? Will tackle that job next weekend hopefully.

FInally found an E30 at Pickapart here, and bonus it was a South African car... so went down nice and early and raided it for a fan speed switch, blower motor and resistor, door rubbers and kickplate trim, plus some window switches, seatbelts and various other bits.

Christchurch people, there's still a bit of stuff left on the car including some almost new shocks and a mint rear chrome bumper.

Fitted 5mm front spacers so the tyres clear the shocks, and fitted replacement quarter glass. W.O.F. on Tuesday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fitted 5mm front spacers so the tyres clear the shocks, W.O.F. on Tuesday ��

Good luck.

• Like 1

haha!! Speaking of which, can I grab those spring compressors? Will tackle that job next weekend hopefully.

yerp am around tomorrow changing nappies and doing a spot of gardening.

Put radial bearings on my fortune auto coilovers on the e39 and changed the springs out for swift springs. Raised the front a bit too.

Highly recommend radial bearings for anyone with pillowball top camber plates, seems to have eliminated the low speed coil bind I sometimes got.

Upgraded brakes! Cost effective slight upgrade.

12049370_10207937244894161_4726441774919

nice , what are they off ?

looks similar upgrade that I did to my e28

which already had a upgrade from 282 by 25mm e28 m535i brakes

to 302 by 28mm e34 540i brakes

to e31 850ci 324mm by 30mm

can still just fit my 16' bbs race wheels over them JUST

post-279-0-21886000-1445827528_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-18372600-1445827532_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-21314200-1445827883_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I love BMW brakes compatibility, its really good!

Toyota parts pictured of course, stock crap 275mm rotors to the bigger 296mm rotors with better pads.

The next upgrade I can do is use Lexus LS400 brakes up front, 4 pot 320 x 32mm, but I'll reserve that for the V8 car at some stage.

Gave the 550 a compound, polish and wax. DAMN wish I'd done it earlier, looks awesome, if I say so myself ;)

post-52086-0-88334600-1446267612_thumb.j

• Like 5

Cheers, Yeah just finished it up this morning, Here's a couple of finished ones.

Gave the headlights a tickle up as well to remove a bit of oxidation on them

post-52086-0-49475500-1446325306_thumb.j

post-52086-0-44442300-1446325366_thumb.j

• Like 1

that looks awesome, well done. Got plans to remove that front jap plate holder?

• Like 2

what did you use to clean up the headlights?

what did you use to clean up the headlights?

Used Maquires restorX headlight polish, thrown onto the orbital polisher, sweet as .

Yeah that front jap plate holder does need sorting, would definitely improve the front

Thrashed her round a paddock all day at an autocross, great fun

Edit: photos just came up

post-5102-0-93129000-1446366066_thumb.jppost-5102-0-04088400-1446366083_thumb.jp

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 4

Pulled off crank pulley on the E38, looks pretty sick so hoping thats the source of my engine problems, never thought to look there, had no idea they werent a solid piece of metal like the engines I am used to! Rubber damper is looking a bit sad. Not even going to bother calling BMW tomorrow, I can see BMW USA dealer pricing at $700NZ odd so will be well over $1000 for a pulley here. Found one online for $70US Febi Bilstein, planning to make an order there of parts for other cars so may just get that.

Then cleaned the bird poos, kowhai seed pods and leaves from whatever the other tree is off it and its come up good!

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing yours as well Andy. You'll have to post up some pics of your E38 one of these days.

Just dropped off the old girl to get the VANOS unit replaced. I picked up a second hand unit a while back from a member here who imported a s50b32 for a race car with relatively low kms. Since it was a race car, he ditched the VANOS.

Apparently my VANOS is stuff (according to a few experienced people who have driven it recently), which was not really noticeable to me since I never had much time (or any really) in a s50b32 with working VANOS.

I was happy with the power, and power delivery, but I suppose I was just enjoying a 3.2L high comp engine. Will be interesting to see the results (if infact the vanos was pooped) and any torque increases under 4k rpm where the vanos is supposed to help will jsut be a bonus after owning the car since last year!

• Like 3

Went to Taupo racetrack and watch the rain fall.... did about a dozen laps but had no traction... even straight line driving was scary!!

Yesterday I popped into Glenn's place in Botany to sort out my handbrake.

Great experience even for a small job like this. Bonus taking to Glen. He has some good advice to give.

A++ Thanks

• Like 1

Just dropped off the old girl to get the VANOS unit replaced. I picked up a second hand unit a while back from a member here who imported a s50b32 for a race car with relatively low kms. Since it was a race car, he ditched the VANOS.

Apparently my VANOS is stuff (according to a few experienced people who have driven it recently), which was not really noticeable to me since I never had much time (or any really) in a s50b32 with working VANOS.

I was happy with the power, and power delivery, but I suppose I was just enjoying a 3.2L high comp engine. Will be interesting to see the results (if infact the vanos was pooped) and any torque increases under 4k rpm where the vanos is supposed to help will jsut be a bonus after owning the car since last year!

Good to hear. I assume you're getting your old VANOS unit back? If so, hit me up as we can recondition it.

• Like 1

I love BMW brakes compatibility, its really good!

Toyota parts pictured of course, stock crap 275mm rotors to the bigger 296mm rotors with better pads.

The next upgrade I can do is use Lexus LS400 brakes up front, 4 pot 320 x 32mm, but I'll reserve that for the V8 car at some stage.

Watch the clearance on the brakes.

So here are some photos of my 296,000k S30B32

post-51379-14467033253508.jpgpost-51379-14467033401817.jpg

And here is a sad dual VANOS unit .. the main seal is junk.. split and ruined .. someone had been in there before and somehow forgot the main 3.5inch circlip which is supposed to hold in the seal

post-51379-14467035027266.jpgpost-51379-14467035159744.jpg

Yuck !

^ circlip is there, somebody is holding it! Just the older style.

Engine looks clean.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1