Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Was good motivation for ya ;) and probably for the best since I'm now invested in an e30 325i se nz new, and we are the second, yes second owners of it!

Was that a silver one from trade me that needed some head work?

Bit late - this is for yesterday.

Pulled the nearside front brakes apart. Cleaned, greased, and it made no difference. Should of pulled them completely apart.

Tomorrow. Today I found the Castrol red grease I wanted for the slider pins. :)

Got it all back together again. Test drive - instantly noticed it felt better. Couldn't 'persuade' it to misbehave. ^_^

It may be a little thing, but it does seem to have made a big difference.

Was that a silver one from trade me that needed some head work?

From winton? Yup that's it. Head cracked end to end almost!

Failed WOF, went to pub to think, undid subrame nuts, crc'd the sh*t out of the studs, opened beer, ordered parts.

Changed oil and filter. Passed WoF. Then fitted new tyres.

And washed it.

Why you should replace cam belts before the snappost-5102-0-65838400-1413363698_thumb.jp

Cleaned out the ICV on the E30 today, sanded it back and polished it up, came out quite nice =]

post-17794-0-15346600-1413403792_thumb.j

Why you should replace cam belts before the snap

Oooof!

Don't mention cambelts - Dads E30 one is 4 years old, and due a change, but I haven't got around to it yet (getting the Model A redy for a tour - gearbox rebuild and new brakes etc).

I had a 16V Holden Astra for work once, broke the belt and bent all 16 valves under warranty at just over 60K. Then needed a set of tensioners and a new belt (it had worn down to half it's width!) under warranty at a touch over 90K. Man that thing was sh*t - 3 oil changes... and 15 "other" dealer visits :wacko: of varying complexity: failed main relays, failed brakes (pedal on the floor - bumped the back of a lawyer in a 7 series :o), power steering, cambelt, starting failures... Engineered by Germans!... built by mongs?

the touring?

Nah she runs a chain... I hope hahaha

Replacement head for the e30 since it's cracked

Oooof!

Don't mention cambelts - Dads E30 one is 4 years old, and due a change, but I haven't got around to it yet (getting the Model A redy for a tour - gearbox rebuild and new brakes etc).

I had a 16V Holden Astra for work once, broke the belt and bent all 16 valves under warranty at just over 60K. Then needed a set of tensioners and a new belt (it had worn down to half it's width!) under warranty at a touch over 90K. Man that thing was sh*t - 3 oil changes... and 15 "other" dealer visits :wacko: of varying complexity: failed main relays, failed brakes (pedal on the floor - bumped the back of a lawyer in a 7 series :o), power steering, cambelt, starting failures... Engineered by Germans!... built by mongs?

Should if brought a 8v vectra! Water pump seized, shredded cambelt. Luckily was a non interference head so new pump, belt and tensioner she was good as new again!

Did this. Doing it again now .. Cheap paint doesn't stick well to faux chrome plastic so going to sand it back to a better surface

Posted Image

please paint your bumper trims! stone chips be gone!

Haha its just the centre one which is messed up Kyu! New one coming from Brent soon :)

Anyway here is how it looks with some surface prep .. Just need to redo the other side.

Posted Image

still think its not as cool as prefacelift grills. haha...

im sure the trim piece is like only $20 or so from the stealers

• Like 1

yeah I like the prefacelift grilles, they look more aggressive! but to swap them in, you have to change the whole front section from indicator to indicator

yeah most wreckers charge that much .. I think $30 for a second hand one plus GST. I'm getting a new one from Brent instead.

Haters gon' hate!

post-5102-0-73319800-1413542650_thumb.jp

Even more so to know I only paid $150!!!

• Like 1

Installed the Grom Bluetooth adapter behind the radio.

Bluetooth without an ugly ass head deck for about $150 (bought from the US via Youshop to save on shipping).

Seems to work pretty well so far :)

534B9DF5-1EF4-4248-BC24-659167049A2F_zps

On my E30 325i Cabby

took out the stock bulb light bar from the OBC, bit of a mission to get out. opened it up had a look, the two bulbs are 6V bulbs in series, so if one pops (as is the case with this one), the other doesnt go thier. So i soldered in some 3mm LEDs in there and a 330ohm resistor, had to trim the curcuit board holder a bit to accomodate the resistor, and then put it all back together, now I have light! and yes it is 19 degrees here at 6.15pm here, I love summer! was 22.5 earlier today, my thermometer in the conservatory said it was 34 inside and 24 outside.

Then while the radio was out anyways (you need to to get access to the light bar), i made a little mod to the radio wiring loom that has been annoying me from day one of having the car. When the roof is down, and the radio is on, the aerial is deployed at full extension, so i have put a push button in above the stereo that interupts the deploy curcuit, and leaves the antenna down even when the radio is on, and when reception is bad, i can just hit the press button and it will deploy. Would like to get a little picture of the symbol for an aerial somehow printed on it but not sure how to tackle that

I thought about tapping into the rear demister curcuit wiring and picking up a feed from there if the roof is up or down, the rear demistor automatically turns off if the roof is down, so would do the inverse and sence when the roof is up, the aerial can be deployed regardless of switch position, but Ill save that for another day, as i needed to put center console back together to take the car to the Wellington meet tomorrow!

Will give it a bit of a clean in the morning, and reveal Sam @ Attention to Details work once more, then off to the meet!

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Perhaps but the OEM one doesn't come with a big-arse bend in it, that's for sure - I've held one myself.

She's oem, got all the part numbers on it, will investigate on power bulge

Probably have it sitting on its side instead of the bend going upward. Could be from a crashed car, unsure, was just off trademe. Still works fine!

Pic not on car looks fine

post-5102-0-92168700-1413619275.jpg

Edited by euroriffic