Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Got the Temperature and RPM gauges working.

Clip

good work

what was it???

you need my m3 cluster :)

has oil temp gauge something else for you to figure out how to wire in

and a 280km/h top speed more in fitting with your v8 e36

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-479908322.htm

Well I used a new VDO temp gauge & sender to replace the old one so now it reads accurately, not just cold-warm-hot. At idle speeds after a drive with the electric fan on full the coolant temp dropped to around 75 degrees according to the sender resistance and an infra red thermometer.

For the tach I fitted a Dakota Digital tachometer signal converter, such an awesome device. I am also using one of the negative coil signal outputs to cut the fuel relay when the engine dies.

Heh M3 dash. I might actually look at that one day. Would be handy to have an in-dash oil temp gauge... would be just a matter of getting the correct ohm value sender to wire in & fit into the sump....

lowered and wheeled the touring today. needs abit more of a drop in the front i think. il wait till they settle in first tho and go from there. heres afew picks of the sedan aswell since i havnt put anything up yet. also tried the 18x8.5 and 9.5s et15 off my ute on it too for sh*ts and giggles. mite run them on the touring for abit. see how things go

photos wouldnt load so click here

Edited by euroriffic

Finally got round to doing my switch conversion.

post-6404-1339120637.jpg

Finally got some proper wiper blades to replace the original ones.

Went for the Bosch Icons, they are bloody brilliant, worth every cent!!

Posted Image

On the E46 swapped the left fold down rear seat for one with ski port through armrest.

Transfered the leather seat cover and armrest from old to new. Thanks Allanw for pointing out that the sedan and coupe seats have same part numbers. Next job car stereo.

post-797-1339225470.jpg

post-797-1339225489.jpg

On the E46 swapped the left fold down rear seat for one with ski port through armrest.

Transfered the leather seat cover and armrest from old to new. Thanks Allanw for pointing out that the sedan and coupe seats have same part numbers. Next job car stereo.

out of interest does that setup make the plastic cover rattle or it okay?

It's just a stage 1 on mock at this stage . I suspect that small 10 inch C110 will cause it to rattle. Stage 2 will see it's big brother the spg555 which will no doubt shake the car if pushed. I'll more than likely remove the plastic flap and replace it with speaker cloth. The SPG555 is similar in shape to the ski port. :D

Thanks Allanw for pointing out that the sedan and coupe seats have same part numbers.

Don't think that was me..... ;) Might have been "Allan"???

Pulled out Dash Cluster on my E30 and replaced bulbs, (Only one side was lighting up).

Fixed Ciggie Lighter (blown fuse) and interior light (blown bulb).

Finally got around to wiring up and installing a tachometric fuel pump relay that kills the fuel pump when the engine dies.

Safety first!

Finally got around to wiring up and installing a tachometric fuel pump relay that kills the fuel pump when the engine dies.

Safety first!

Does your ECU not do this for you?

Pulled out Dash Cluster on my E30 and replaced bulbs, (Only one side was lighting up).

Fixed Ciggie Lighter (blown fuse) and interior light (blown bulb).

I love doing this. All the lights must work!

Does your ECU not do this for you?

It does, but requires a special fuel pump ecu to make use of the signal from the main engine ecu... unfortunately are expensive new and hard to find good as a replacements as they burnout and are not reparable.

This was the most simple way of addressing the issue, I sourced the tachometric relay from a Porsche 928.

It does, but requires a special fuel pump ecu to make use of the signal from the main engine ecu... unfortunately are expensive new and hard to find good as a replacements as they burnout and are not reparable.

This was the most simple way of addressing the issue, I sourced the tachometric relay from a Porsche 928.

Oh right. And people think BMW electronics are complicated..

Roughly fitted my new IS lip :

Posted Image

Needs a bit of modification to get it perfect

Finally got some proper wiper blades to replace the original ones.

Went for the Bosch Icons, they are bloody brilliant, worth every cent!!

Posted Image

Where did you get these? I want some for the Touring!

Repco and supercheap sell them.

We don't sell the bosch ones at Repco but have the Repco hydroblades and Tridon flexiblades which are pretty much exactly the same. Have them on my E30 and they're bloody awesome.

I had the Repco tridons on one of my E30's, the blades didn't sit flush on the windscreen (passenger side), not a major but annoying.

I re-gased my boot struts today (well I didn't but I found someone who could). Not so good for knocking folks out cold and bundling them into the boot but much better for not knocking myself out cold while I'm bundling the bloody shopping into the boot.

Edited by jeffbebe