Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Just been slowly doing the timing belt, water pump, bearings, tensioner, distributors and rotors etc. All OEM Japanese made parts of course.

Posted Image

Installed replacement shoes, drums and cylinders. Then bled the brakes. Soon to adjust the handbrake.

We don't sell the bosch ones at Repco but have the Repco hydroblades and Tridon flexiblades which are pretty much exactly the same. Have them on my E30 and they're bloody awesome.

Mm yeah, $25 each atm.. was too wet and I couldn't be bothered working out how long each one needed to be.

Have the Repco Hydroblades on my E30, have the same issue, passenger one doesn't sit flush, the stock wipers never sat that flush there either. - money well spent though.

today, I rewired my E34 to use ISO sockets for the headunit, and tested the carkit I was given which required ISO sockets... worked good.. now just to get around to it... and also ragequitted at the JVC headunit flying out and landing on my lap! and installed my Clarion from my E30.

looked at it as i got out the merc. it looked at me back with puppydog eyes

Mm yeah, $25 each atm.. was too wet and I couldn't be bothered working out how long each one needed to be.

Have the Repco Hydroblades on my E30, have the same issue, passenger one doesn't sit flush, the stock wipers never sat that flush there either. - money well spent though.

today, I rewired my E34 to use ISO sockets for the headunit, and tested the carkit I was given which required ISO sockets... worked good.. now just to get around to it... and also ragequitted at the JVC headunit flying out and landing on my lap! and installed my Clarion from my E30.

Let me know if you need anything from ripco Michael cos I get mad discount. Got a hundy off a battery last weekend :D and Also looking into the hydroblades. I'd say BnT will sell the Bosch ones so mite try there, also get a good discount there too.

Also, I'm sure you would of had to get the gas struts redone for the touring, if so where from and would you recommend?

Got a plethora of parts this week to try fit over the weekend. New key for the touring, new ignition barrel for the sedan, 2x cabin filters, 2x thermostats, viscous coupling for sedan and outer balljoints for touring. Let the good times roll!

Replaced my thermostat, cracked the housing when bolting it back on, said f*ck lots. Drove to work today with lots of coolant spewing everywhere, came home and replaced the housing. Really sick of coolant and it's tendency to go everywhere except where you want it.

Replaced my thermostat, cracked the housing when bolting it back on, said f*ck lots. Drove to work today with lots of coolant spewing everywhere, came home and replaced the housing. Really sick of coolant and it's tendency to go everywhere except where you want it.

Well Matt - don't crack it then... <_<

Must have not been sitting quite right...lucky I have my box of spares ;)

Replaced rear shock mounts on the e30. Can't believe how much of a difference it made. Old ones were in pieces

Also Cracked my thermostat housing fitting new thermostat yesterday. A shiny new alloy one showed up today though thanks to MillAnd. Emailed him at lunchtime and new housing was sitting at the front door when I got home And the correct viscous coupling and hadnt even paid for it yet! Talk about service

Booked the e30 into the panel shop for roof rust. Finally.

Booked the e30 into the panel shop for roof rust. Finally.

Has it got much worse over the years? It was my number one issue with the car.

Has it got much worse over the years? It was my number one issue with the car.

Not too bad really. It's bad now but has lasted 6 years from when it started to get ferral. The cars been garaged so thats helped it I guess.

Lately its meant I have stopped driving it in the rain. There are no other spots luckly! :)

I didn't do it myself, but finally had my airbag light problem taken away hopefully for good, courtesy of a squib ring replacement by Glenn and the team. It was expensive but I'm glad the problem has gone (and it was cheaper than quoted!)

Thanks Glenn. :)

Fitted new thermostat, alloy housing and new viscous fan clutch to the 328i and got to drive it for the first time in about 3 weeks!

Also fitted new outer door handle surrounds on both rear doors on the touring aswell as a drivers window seal and re aligned the window. No more whistling! :D

drive the E30 350km, fitted newley painted bits thanks to John (Bellicose), drove 350km home.

8.2L/100km average, not bad for a 24 year old car with 240k on the clock and a trailer in tow!

Finally replaced rocker cover gasket and took the grinder to the manky flaking paint on the cover. Now can't stop myself humming Rammstein when I open the hood :D

Bought my e28 a friend, her name is 85 Toyota corolla 1.3l and she is going to keep my e28 nice and warm in the garage.

Bought my e28 a friend, her name is 85 Toyota corolla 1.3l and she is going to keep my e28 nice and warm in the garage.

A BMW and a Toyota make a great pair.

:)

A BMW and a Toyota make a great pair.

:)

Yeah, convert the 1.3 toyota engine into the E28.