Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Problem # 137

Found some axels, Measured them up, installed them in my compact and they fit mint. Stoked!

Edited by Steve K-B

shock disbelief, actually worked one of my BMWs for a change!

tried to fit new mudgaurds, turns out i got PFL ones which wont work. PM me if you want a set of PFLs, or have a set of FLs (just want the rears really)

Tidied up underbonnet wiring, fitted 318iS shroud i had sitting in the shed.

went to remove the aftermarket airhorn previous owner fitted that doesnt work. decided it was too hairy and everything else works at the moment including factory horn so ill leave it for now.

started to fit the subwoofer that came in the merc into the E30 (sold the merc with out it), got the underbonnet and headunit part done. have to go out soon so ill run the wires to the boot on the weekend. needs a wash then too lol

Finished putting it back together! Then took it for its first drive in 2 months. Only to get home and find that its pissing anti-freeze... my fault for not tightening the clamps though.

Installed LCM IV (Light check module) to get rid of the annoying flashing/strobing when installing LEDs in the angel eyes. Put the LEDs back in too B)

Also changed the service interval down to 1800L from 2350L.

And set Angel Eyes to blink with the indicators (when the lights are off).

B)

Got new lower control arms and new bushes pressed into the lollipops. Will fit tomorrow.

Also ordered all necessary parts to make indicators into parks x2. Hopefully here next week

Installed LCM IV (Light check module) to get rid of the annoying flashing/strobing when installing LEDs in the angel eyes. Put the LEDs back in too B)

Also changed the service interval down to 1800L from 2350L.

And set Angel Eyes to blink with the indicators (when the lights are off).

B)

Come wof time you will need to shut that down.

reset error codes and adaption values in the ECU in the E30 316i this morning, now idles perfectly at 700rpm rather than surging between 400 and 1600. been chasing that one for ages!

going to try it on a friends moms E46 Ti and figure out an issue with that car this afternoon

Started making a roof rack fairing, to lessen the wind noise when I have them on. Ok I'm lying, it's for looks.

(Roof rack was bought for the bike, but I haven't got a bike rack for it yet haha.)

Edited by huff3r

On the touring fitted the new lower Control arms and bushes, new hydroblade wipers, had to bend the rear arm for it to work right tho,

Ran subaru upper cleaner thru it, new park and headlight bulbs then found a plug unplugged that went into the bottom of the intake manifold into a plastic thingy that runs up the back of it. (m43) Any idea what that is?

Also redded the tail lights to refit tomorrow

Also put hydroblades on the sedan

Edit: found what was unplugged, it was the disa or manifold intake adjuster. Changes the length of the intake path to allow better torque during different engine speeds. Havn't driven it since plugging it in but will tomorrow.

Hopefully it makes a difference

Edited by euroriffic

Come wof time you will need to shut that down.

Prolly looks a bit ricer anyway ^_^

Everyone has their own opinion on what's cool and not but i'm just saying it won't pass a wof like that.

For a total non-DIY'er I'm really proud of myself today.

1. Boot lid not opening with release mechanism or under dash activator button thingy - diagnosed by Brent and Ray as the boot actuator. Part ordered. Installed in 15 mins with help from Mr Google. Hardest part was taking the plastic trim off to get access to mechanism and not breaking the plastic pins. Tick.

2. Purchased the Turtle Wax Headlight Restoration kit to get rid of the haze on the headlights. Three step process with easy to use sanding pads, clarifying solvent, elbow grease (free) and clear protector. Just about like new now. Tick.

3. Beverage of choice and watch My-Sky replay of Crusaders whip the Bulls. Tick.

Cleaned up all the front wiring for headlights etc, since it had fallen apart and at one point got sucked into the electric fan. Removed unneccsary wires like fan and aircon, and ran washer pump wires to the boot.

Investigated my exhaust leak, it's leaking from the turbo to downpipe v-band, because the wastegate pipe is a fly sh*t too short and pulled the whole lot over. The wastegate v-band is much more stout, so the dump pipe one gave way first.

My jimmies are severely rusteled, and I left before I was tempted to throw something through the windscreen.

Posted Image

helped the old man install his billies and springs on Sunday, he thanked me by reversing into me. Squashing me between his e28 and my brothers Renault, moving the Renault in the process. I only find it funny because he didn't break my femur.

I hope you feel awful Tony ^_^

Hahaha, It must have been a good nudge! Its sounds pretty fun tho :lol: Agreed, It wouldnt have been so funny if you had broken your leg

Got the muffler replaced at Mr Muffler in Onehunga, brilliant service and really cheap too

From this

post-4408-1343168184.jpg

To this

post-4408-1343168200.jpg

Super quiet now, at least I don't get a headache every time I drive it now

Got it back from getting its shaft snipped.

Turns out its got an e36 gearbox :ph34r: , which is why the e30 driveshaft didn't fit.

Smooth as now, love it! No more chewed couplings! <_<

Mean! Are those the ones you posted before with the actuators to control sound output as well?

edit: vids please :)

Edited by dubman

helped the old man install his billies and springs on Sunday, he thanked me by reversing into me. Squashing me between his e28 and my brothers Renault, moving the Renault in the process. I only find it funny because he didn't break my femur.

I hope you feel awful Tony ^_^

Matt helped me install the rear springs and shocks yesterday. Frankly he did most of the work, and no accidents this time. Thanks Matt :)

Finally got my exhaust hooked up today, sounds epic!

Posted Image

Saaweet! Looks good, getting the diffuser made up too?