Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

+1 :)

go onto my FB page and checkout my m50 build "motorsport engineering"

+1 :)

my s.h.i.t box e36 m42 work hack run out of fuel at 300hp haha guess its time to change the fuel system again !!

thought i would mention that hope your spending great attention to yours on this setup?

my s.h.i.t box e36 m42 work hack run out of fuel at 300hp haha guess its time to change the fuel system again !!

thought i would mention that hope your spending great attention to yours on this setup?

Yes i will be running 1000cc injectors custom fuel line and rail 2x 044 pumps surge tank and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.. just need to save the coin which pushes the finish date back a bit lol

on another note was looking at running these OMP seats any opinions on them?

Also a pic of bushes installed with z3 rack and x brace and solid outer ball joints :):D

post-2228-1348473695.jpg

post-2228-1348473778.jpg

post-2228-1348473801.jpg

Are you running meyle hd ball joints?

I'm around hams ATM just havnt had time to come check it out. Looks mint tho!

Yes i will be running 1000cc injectors custom fuel line and rail 2x 044 pumps surge tank and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.. just need to save the coin which pushes the finish date back a bit lol

on another note was looking at running these OMP seats any opinions on them?

Also a pic of bushes installed with z3 rack and x brace and solid outer ball joints :):D

I'd scratch rising rate fuel pressure regulator off the list.

I'm pretty sure you'll be on the upper limits of pump fuel by the time your maxing out 1000cc injectors. Unless your tuner has said otherwise

Your engine bay is looking far too nice to crash around a track

I'd scratch rising rate fuel pressure regulator off the list.

I'm pretty sure you'll be on the upper limits of pump fuel by the time your maxing out 1000cc injectors. Unless your tuner has said otherwise

Id say his custom fuel rail would require an external fuel regulator

Are you running meyle hd ball joints?

Yeah they are quite nicely made by the looks of them

lol i hope not to crash, haha nah it will be used for getting the shopping, milk etc... and the odd weekend of racing. :D

Basically my only advice when doing manifolds is give the whole car including engine fit in final resting place with gearbox, steering rackand suspension components attached is the only way to make sure it will fit.

I learnt the hard way... ended up spending more in labour rebuilding the whole thing to fit in mine.

Still thats going to be one hell of a setup!

it does look the business,

but if the nuts wont thread on/cant be done up with a socket then its basically worthless.

having fooled around myself with this problem-its not worth the frustration of leaking mani gaskets

Cleaned up my gearbox today, came up nice and installed one of the many heat shields i will need to fit.

post-2228-1348812374.jpg

post-2228-1348812385.jpg

post-2228-1348812394.jpg

to be honest and im sure you dont need another key board expert but your design is very complicated and from the start i did say stand the motor up and you could have halved the piping i run a 4" drop pipe and still have enough room to hold an orgy.

as for the plate you use the old header plates as a temp-let for ports and spacing which is 91mm centres from mem but i guess not all key board jockeys offer bad advice, go check my Facebook and you'll see what my manifold looks like compared to what you've done and its not to rub salt in as for fixing yours?........yea

Yeah man it looks like it will do the job nicely wont fit in my car though.

Dont forget the e34 has alot more room than the e36 in the engine bay. I wanted a set up that i can interchange into any e36 and maybe e46 and maybe even other models with a change of a down pipe... without changing to many things and if i could get around making custom engine and gearbox mounts, making gear selector adapters why wouldn't ya :D

Im looking forward to lineing ya up on the drag strip lol :P BBQ BEERS Woman and fast cars :D:D

Yeah man it looks like it will do the job nicely wont fit in my car though.

Dont forget the e34 has alot more room than the e36 in the engine bay. I wanted a set up that i can interchange into any e36 and maybe e46 and maybe even other models with a change of a down pipe... without changing to many things and if i could get around making custom engine and gearbox mounts, making gear selector adapters why wouldn't ya :D

Im looking forward to lineing ya up on the drag strip lol :P BBQ BEERS Woman and fast cars :D:D

but if you look closely i also have a lot more turbo fit even in a e34 which by the was the engines in both cars sit on the same angle so it still applied to the standing up part with regards to not making engine mounts if you ever intend to drive it on the road itll need a cert for the everything and mounts are part of it.

as for drags? hahaha how about 20 laps around a circuit life is longer than a 1/4 mile even with a motec exhaust

Cleaned up my gearbox today, came up nice and installed one of the many heat shields i will need to fit.

Crikey, 4 cyl box?

Crikey, 4 cyl box?

haha yeah, im pretty sure they are the same as the 6cyl box. <_< .

yup , i have getrag from a 93 325i in my 96 328i with super charger .

no problems done 20,000km so far.

gearboxes look the same as a 316i 318i 318is 318ti.

but i dont know if i would push it with 300-350-400hp etc?? :blink:

yup , i have getrag from a 93 325i in my 96 328i with super charger .

no problems done 20,000km so far.

gearboxes look the same as a 316i 318i 318is 318ti.

but i dont know if i would push it with 300-350-400hp etc?? :blink:

i think that power number really wont be an issue for him but your correct brent it will become an issue at some point you can get a hollinger under 10k that will atleast give some piece of mind

There's two 6 cyl boxes. That aint the good one.

Power rating on the side of the box, 4 cyl ones are 300 from memory?

There's two 6 cyl boxes. That aint the good one.

Yeah true but the good one is very hard to find. :unsure:

Power rating on the side of the box, 4 cyl ones are 300 from memory?

What! really? where about's ill have to have a look. we got about 15 box's on the shelf.

What! really? where about's ill have to have a look. we got about 15 box's on the shelf.

horsepower doesn't mean a thing with any gearbox its the torque rating your interested in

power rating or torque rating? as with clutches saying its good for xxx amount of hp is stupid. its torque that breaks clutches and gearboxes.

edit: crunchy beat me to it.

Edited by polley

power rating or torque rating? as with clutches saying its good for xxx amount of hp is stupid. its torque that breaks clutches and gearboxes.

edit: crunchy beat me to it.

its also pleasing to see someone else that knows how things work