Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

How do people drive like this?

Seen so many cars with the seats like this, and people driving in this position. It looks stupid & incredibly dangerous! whats coming to this world!

post-6674-1367823098.jpg

I'm 6'3". I have to drive my E30 like that (almost! not quite as bad) else my head is through the roof.

I'm 6'3". I have to drive my E30 like that (almost! not quite as bad) else my head is through the roof.

You need a sun roof :ph34r:

You need a sun roof :ph34r:

I have one... that's why the roof is so low <_<

That's the weird thing about E30's = the roof is so low (especially with the sunroof), but the seat goes back for MILES. I'm 6'1" and my head touches the roof all the time in Dads. But I can get the seat so far back that I can't push the clutch all the way in.

Most people who have their seat back like in the pic, can't drive to save themselves anyway. General disregard for everyone else, and no clue what's going on around them.

Yeah there's lots of stupid stuff like this.

You just have to ignore it and be glad you don't partake in such a style.

Protip:

If you pull the back seat out of an E30 you can recline the front seat almost completely horizontal.

I, too, was intrigued by this 'trend'. So much that I did a bit of research. The best reasons I found:

1.) yo, mang I's layin low sos the haters that be hatin don't be poppin a cap in mys azz.

2.) when I'm leanin' I be ridin dirty to's my bigazz bumpin systems yo.. I needz the full effects yo.

DWR (Driving While Reclined)

I, too, was intrigued by this 'trend'. So much that I did a bit of research. The best reasons I found:

1.) yo, mang I's layin low sos the haters that be hatin don't be poppin a cap in mys azz.

2.) when I'm leanin' I be ridin dirty to's my bigazz bumpin systems yo.. I needz the full effects yo.

DWR (Driving While Reclined)

Ah, that makes everything so clear to me... :blink:

I always thought it had something to do with too baggy jeans and flat-peaked caps also.

Jamez and I started a new trend.. riding high.

basically open the sunroof and wind the seat up as high as possible until your head pokes out the sunroof. Helps being 6'3

you heard it here first!

Possibly a side effect of evolution resulting small heads and long arms.

Edited by MLM

Jamez and I started a new trend.. riding high.

basically open the sunroof and wind the seat up as high as possible until your head pokes out the sunroof. Helps being 6'3

you heard it here first!

Haha i used to do that in a E30 i had but it was auto with cruise control, it was like being a tank commander with the hatch open.

Oh my

that brings back memories..

Well to be honest to you, I have my seat almost the same! I am 6 4" and it feels comfortable to my back to have it this way. Trust me I am no street racer nor some weird gangsta. It has always been hard for me to find the right balance between my distance to the pedals, steering wheel, gears, comfortability and visibility. I am in my balance when I have my seat this way. So yeah...

Well to be honest to you, I have my seat almost the same! I am 6 4" and it feels comfortable to my back to have it this way. Trust me I am no street racer nor some weird gangsta. It has always been hard for me to find the right balance between my distance to the pedals, steering wheel, gears, comfortability and visibility. I am in my balance when I have my seat this way. So yeah...

I think based on distribution of heights in the population you'll find that a tiny minority of these cars being sold are owned by those 6.4 and above. So yeah...

Haha should see some of the Honda crowd do this....sit low and back.

There's a guy on NZH who used to own quite a nice yellow EK9 (CSET you'll know him, blackdevil) and he's a short Asian fella, perhaps 165cm?

When he's driving his head's at the B pillar and his nose at the waistline. I have no idea how he sees out or control the car...

I had many people tell me I don't sit like a "gangsta" enough when I drove an ITR because I sat in a position where my arms were slightly bent when hands on wheel.

It would be interesting to see what happens during standard 64kph crash test when a person is seated in this way.

once you get a BMW with a reach adjustable wheel you will find you can get the correct driving position.In my 120 i feel perfectly comfy.I am 6 3 with a long body .I prolly have slightly more head room than i did in the 535.Wouldnt work if the 120 hqd a sunroof tho.The whole reason i got into BMW in the first place is they have the most adjustable driving position available in rear wheel drive.You are supposed to be able to rest your wrists on the top of the steering wheel in your normal driving postion.

Edited by kiwi535

That's the weird thing about E30's = the roof is so low (especially with the sunroof), but the seat goes back for MILES. I'm 6'1" and my head touches the roof all the time in Dads. But I can get the seat so far back that I can't push the clutch all the way in.

True, that was something I loved with the E30 compared to jap crap from a similar era.

Possibly a side effect of evolution resulting small heads and long arms.

:lol:

Great if you are riding a push bike with no front brakes though.

Haha should see some of the Honda crowd do this....sit low and back.

There's a guy on NZH who used to own quite a nice yellow EK9 (CSET you'll know him, blackdevil) and he's a short Asian fella, perhaps 165cm?

When he's driving his head's at the B pillar and his nose at the waistline. I have no idea how he sees out or control the car...

I had many people tell me I don't sit like a "gangsta" enough when I drove an ITR because I sat in a position where my arms were slightly bent when hands on wheel.

Haha yep - sad thing is he's not alone there... and it's not just NZH! The ceffy cutty crew seem well into it. Can't help but giggle seeing these flat-peaked bonces just poking above the sill. Gangstah.

Seems to be a very popular seating position with the incredibly fat driving fraternity as well.. with the seat like that they can just about squeeze in behind the wheel.

I saw one driver of this type eating a pot of pudding whilst driving up the motorway last week, spoon in one hand, pot in the other, must have been steering with his gut!

Ah, that makes everything so clear to me... :blink:

I always thought it had something to do with too baggy jeans and flat-peaked caps also.

IT'S NOT THAT THE JEANS ARE BAGGY IT'S THAT THEY WEAR THEM HALF WAY DOWN THEIR AR*E

I've come back to this thread a few times now but haven't posted my thoughts until now.

Sure there is a minority of the colloquial 'gangstaz' that drive like this but am I the only one that thinks that the seats in OP are like that for ease of cleaning.

Looks like the rear left footwell has been vacuumed, he probably reclined them like that to get years of takeaway crumbs out of the seat creases!

My thoughts at least ... :mellow:

The 'gangsta' seating is a more discussion-inspiring path though!