Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Post up a picture of your first car

Matt, I remember the auction you and your brothers did for "The Brown". Hilarious!

This is my first when I was 16. 1990 Subaru Legacy GT, with some STI bits. No insurance, dodgy Indian ex-owner, millions of things wrong, but it was fast and it made whooshing noises (for the bitches).

Posted Image

Edited by Top Secret

Simca 1000, black bonnet and widened welded steelies.

Nice one, my Opa and then Dad had a Yellow Simca 1000 too, had a lot of character.

Matt, I remember the auction you and your brothers did for "The Brown". Hilarious!

This is my first when I was 16. 1990 Subaru Legacy GT, with some STI bits. No insurance, dodgy Indian ex-owner, millions of things wrong, but it was fast and it made whooshing noises (for the bitches).

Posted Image

Lovely colour though!

OK... I have a fetish for tiny cars... my First was a Daihatsu Max 360... not long after turning 14 :ph34r:

Can't find a pic of my actual car, but it's like this (mine was the earlier "small bumper" version though):

Posted Image

Why "360"? they're 360cc two stroke 2 cylinder. 33HP too!

To put it in scale....

Posted Image

I actually brought another one a few years ago, but it had been fiddled with too much for my liking - If I could find a mint one for not too much money, I'd get another.

First one I drove was poo brown version of this:

Posted Image

bought for $300, sold for $300 some 5 years later;)

and then got one of these, but non turbo:

Posted Image

This was identical to my first car (except mine was a 63'). The Rover 100. I was 15 and just didn't quite care for it as I could have. In 1981 I crashed it into a rambler rebel driving down Mt Victoria (Devonport AKL) full of my drunken mates. I sold it to a local (cunning old man) with a backyard garage. Seen it 6 months later looking mint. Quick cash sale and off to the pub was good enough for me, back then. The rambler was worse off...ha!

http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/plugin...ront_resize.jpg

I had one of these

post-5771-0-71150000-1381563529_thumb.jp

the mighty ke36 corolla! except I had hotwires on mine, same colour and height tho :)

My first car - 'sh*t Brown Mini'

Posted Image

Posted Image

My first car ever (which my parents bought me for $1200 from a guy we know at Fairview Motors)

1990 Mazda 626 liftback, awesome little car especially for the price, except when it developed a vacuum leak and would die whenever I put the clutch in.

Posted Image

First car I ever bought myself 1 and a half years later which cost me $5500 and I later sold for $7500.

1996 BMW 323i M-Tech (NZ New German model in manual) on Style 65s

Posted Image

Edited by Ultrarandom

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Me too!!!

I had a greyish silver one.

NZ model. Went like a cut cat back in the day. Only crashed it once into the back of a 4x4.

Except I had like 4 sets of rally spotlights strapped to the front of mine.

I lost $2k's worth of spotlights in that accident!!

Posted Image

Had it for a while until I was forced to sell it for a little Honda haha, the parents didn't like their 16 year old in a V8!

This was actually my 2nd car. My first one was the same, except grey and stock standard. It had a disagreement with a tree, and then got put to sleep forever.

Posted Image

Posted Image

First car I really drove was

Posted Image

and then I bought a Camry Prominent for a grand total of two months before someone with no insurance wrote it off for me.

Posted Image

Edited by antil33t

I had a 1961 Holden EK wagon and then a 1962 Vauxhall PAX, both before I had my licence, but the first car I owned and drove daily was the same as this :

Posted Image

Hard to believe I struggled to sell it to fund my S2 RX7 :) Should have kept both those Rotaries, worth moonbeams now :)

First car I had (4 speed JDM - great at handbrakes - same as my friends red NZ new 5 speed in a straight line lol)

Posted Image

[edit 1st car only]

Edited by Nick G

Was it a turbo, mean street cred back in the 90's if ou had a DOCH TURBO..or VR4 for that mater.

Can almost tell peoples ages looking at first cars :mellow:

Can almost tell peoples ages looking at first cars :mellow:

Or more specifically, what they paid for them! When I was old enough to get a driver's license you could still get a brand new E30... Just. So there wasn't much chance of picking one up for under GBP30K! Edited by jeffbebe

really cool to see where we all came from.

Since people are posting it, the car i actually learnt to drive in was one of these, was driving it on the road and around my old man farm since i was about 12 years old. I liked it because the grill looked like one of a Hummer which were huge (no pun intended) at the time.

Posted Image

Like this one, even same colour, it had removable back half like this, also front widscreen folded down and the doors came off if you removed the pin so became a full open top nothing above the bonnet line etc

Posted Image

'cept mine never looked this good.

was expecting something like this from you!

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Or more specifically, what they paid for them! When I was old enough to get a driver's license you could still get a brand new E30... Just. So there wasn't much chance of picking one up for under GBP30K!

Ah, not quite that old.. my first car was 85 Corolla GT and I paid $5,800, or just over $100 a week, that was a lot when I was on $5.00 an hour.

In contrast, my old man had a new E39 at the time and that cost $126,000.

Ironically today both cars would be worth about the same, perhaps the Corolla would actually sell for more than a E39 528i.