Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

I think I might need to get one of those, old one is worn out and wrinkly.

• Haha 4

Just got myself a '15 VW Touareg,. was split between that touareg and the F15 X5, but when the touareg is about 6k less dear... 

This is way off topic but maybe belongs in this thread..... I stumbled across these characters on the webatron the other day and have now skimmed through quite a bit of their material.  It is some sort of hypnotic catharsis.....anyway, way off topic but worth a butchers hook if only for shtz and giggles: Ghost driving while roof and car bonnet surfing (youtube.com)

On 12/14/2023 at 3:31 PM, lord_jagganath said:

Just got myself a '15 VW Touareg,. was split between that touareg and the F15 X5, but when the touareg is about 6k less dear... 

all depends on your use case, and how much you're willing to forgive Wolfsberg for intentionally misleading and gassing humans... 😎

They're both a nice drive.   Your $6k discount is directly attributable to Dieselgate!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

all depends on your use case, and how much you're willing to forgive Wolfsberg for intentionally misleading and gassing humans... 😎

They're both a nice drive.   Your $6k discount is directly attributable to Dieselgate!

And for ruining the market perception of diesel forever. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 4:10 PM, Olaf said:

Who hasn't had a good scandal tbh. If you were worried about the ethics of your car, you wouldn't have a car. 

Ice pay through fuel excise

Diesel via RUC

Ev and hybrid through future ruc

Bicycles, scooters, horse carts next? 

3 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

Finally... 

Screenshot_20240116_162717.jpg

to be fair, labour had already passed that before they left, it had been extended multiple times from its original date, great news though

• Like 2

10 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

Ice pay through fuel excise

Diesel via RUC

Ev and hybrid through future ruc

Bicycles, scooters, horse carts next? 

I can't complain, I've had 5 years of free commuting!!

Interested to see how they will apply it to plug in hybrids, I can't  see people being happy to pay twice (fuel tax + RUCs) but anything else will be a pain to calculate!

"Interesting" RUC calculation for hybrids at $57/1000km, which assumes they all run at 3l/100km (referenced from the source, not performed my own calculations).

A missed opportunity to change the flat rate of $76/1000km for everything under 3.5T. Quite a large difference between your 118d and M50d 😂

6 hours ago, aja540i said:

Interested to see how they will apply it to plug in hybrids, I can't  see people being happy to pay twice (fuel tax + RUCs) but anything else will be a pain to calculate!

I understand the process is to pay the RUCs for all distance travelled, both electric and petrol - the claim back the excise duty on the fuel. Bit of a pain but seems reasonable in the circumstances.

Not sure about non-plug in hybrids though..

3 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

Hybrids are charged at a reduced rate of $53/1000km

Plug-in Hybrids pay the $53 / 1000kms, seems the govt have again decided to ignore the suggestions of the industry.

48v Mild-hybrids, and Hybrids that don’t plug in to charge (like the Uber Prius) seem to get away from the RUC, probably because they don’t travel far on electric power.

That cost on plug ins must be close to eroding their advantage? My in laws won’t be happy with their new Outlander, that’s for sure.

Just had a customer query about trading their phev in for a hev, just watch the price of used ones plummet 

What does a 330e fall under? Was thinking of making that my next car. 

Just now, Neil McCauley said:

What does a 330e fall under? Was thinking of making that my next car. 

if it plugs in, it pays reduced RUC. If it doesnt plug in and is a normal hybrid, only pay fuel tax.

So, an i3 with a range extender, is that a plug in hybrid or an EV under the new scheme? Has anyone got one, i would be interested to see what your letter from the Govt says when you get it?

22 hours ago, freaknout said:

"Interesting" RUC calculation for hybrids at $57/1000km, which assumes they all run at 3l/100km (referenced from the source, not performed my own calculations).

A missed opportunity to change the flat rate of $76/1000km for everything under 3.5T. Quite a large difference between your 118d and M50d 😂

They absolutely have the data and ability to do this too.
It is already half assed in place for heavy vehicles.  Worked with all this data when I worked for Eroad.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

I think you can take the whole emissions thing seriously when you no longer see ex Japan refrigerated trucks being driven around belching black smoke. I assume they will do this at some stage which will be interesting for all the egr/dpf delete folk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Palazzo said:

I think you can take the whole emissions thing seriously when you no longer see ex Japan refrigerated trucks being driven around belching black smoke. I assume they will do this at some stage which will be interesting for all the egr/dpf delete folk.

Government needs to start going after companies that have been doing this.  Good money to be made.
Company was fined $1m USD last year for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aja540i said:

So, an i3 with a range extender, is that a plug in hybrid or an EV under the new scheme? Has anyone got one, i would be interested to see what your letter from the Govt says when you get it?

As the range extender engine doesn’t drive the wheels directly it is classed as a fully electric vehicle. Or it did when it was set up with the NZTA, but with all the categories now in place it might have been shoved somewhere else. TBH should only be running the extender in case of emergency.

There has been much talk of emissions testing as part of the WoF for a long time, and for a while it did sound like they were going to get serious about it. But like a lot of things it seems to have gone onto the back burner.

i think even the EU6 requirementw for cars coming in has been put back, so we are not “ahead” of Aussie.