E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

3 hours ago, gjm said:

"How can you verify its factory manual?"

Do people who claim to be that interested really not know how to check?

Ha, I noticed that comment as well.

You can tell it's manual just by looking at the photo where it shows the gear stick. And you'll find out whether it's manual pretty soon after your first test drive... If they can't tell that's a manual then they probably shouldn't be buying a 34 year old BMW.

• Thanks 1

Missed the factory part. Guess they wanna check it wasn't swapped to manual later.

Mostly still 2021 pricing and sitting around as a result.

Some lovely ones in there though, just don't see anyone paying $25k for a sedan.

Maybe if interest rates go under 5% 😂

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For 20k the central locking should be working. That rusty battery clamp is just off putting.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 6:28 PM, Eagle said:

For 20k the central locking should be working. That rusty battery clamp is just off putting.

Would it look better value at $17.5k?

And you could probably sell that god awful heckblende for $1500 to recoup some more costs too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Palazzo said:

First E30 I've seen recently that has adjusted the price. $17.5k looks like the most realistic price on trademe right now. 

37 minutes ago, deedub said:

First E30 I've seen recently that has adjusted the price. $17.5k looks like the most realistic price on trademe right now. 

For that car, assuming it’s solid, I think that’s a decent price. Way better than a 318i auto.

86 325i coupe just popped up. Looks nice. But at $27.5k I think it's gonna sit for a while. Assuming seller didn't intend to list 99,999k on the clock. It's more like 400k+ (odometer looks to have had some issues over the years). Hopefully they update that. It's misleading (nothing in description about odometer reading).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/4894881850

Edited by deedub

1 hour ago, deedub said:

86 325i coupe just popped up. Looks nice. But at $27.5k I think it's gonna sit for a while. Assuming seller didn't intend to list 99,999k on the clock. It's more like 400k+ (odometer looks to have had some issues over the years). Hopefully they update that. It's misleading (nothing in description about odometer reading).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/4894881850

$1,000 battery. Inflation has really hit hard.

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2024 at 10:57 AM, Palazzo said:

Haha. No E30 is better value to me having paid 5k for similar car back in the day.

5 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Haha. No E30 is better value to me having paid 5k for similar car back in the day.

Haha fair enough. I came across this reddit post the other day. Wonder if Tyler the creator and Frank Ocean are partly to blame 😁

I had a 1990 VR4 back in the day. Flicked off for about the same. They're going for close to 40k now. Saw a Lancer Evo II go for 50k in less than a week. Had one in the same condition and let that go for 18k. 80s and 90s cars are popular these days.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, deedub said:

Haha fair enough. I came across this reddit post the other day. Wonder if Tyler the creator and Frank Ocean are partly to blame 😁

I had a 1990 VR4 back in the day. Flicked off for about the same. They're going for close to 40k now. Saw a Lancer Evo II go for 50k in less than a week. Had one in the same condition and let that go for 18k. 80s and 90s cars are popular these days.

Sold my 1972 Jensen Interceptor in virtually mint condition for 6k (in the UK). Rusty non-running, unregistered example now trading at $25k.

Bought and sold a number of E30s (in NZ, less than 10 years ago) for well under $1k. Rusty shells go for more now.

Not exclusively an E30 thing. 70s, 80s and 90s cars are very popular. Nostalgia is a strong market factor.

Price is one thing. Value is another. ;) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eagle said:

I still hold onto the only reason E30's, S13's, R32's etc were good was because they were cheap.
Sorry to those that missed those 20 odd years.

• Like 3

Why i like the E36 Ti vs E30,  the less attractive sister with a ugly bum, but she's objectively superior in just about all other areas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Quite impressed with my son's z3. Nice growl from the 2.8 and handles pretty good. Looks better than a Ti...

• Like 2

Yeah they just lack practicality 

Yep - boy removed the cd changer and still can't fit his guitar amp in the boot 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, e30ftw said:

As if a Ti has any practicality lol

The amount of junk I can fit in the back of the compact is pretty staggering. 

And the way the rear hatch opens up basically full vertical means I can practically stand upright in the boot while I load it.

20240329_171702.jpg

20231021_142058.jpg

Edited by Harper
  • Like 4

I pity the fool who thinks compact practicality is nil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I pity the fool who thinks compact practicality is nil

When we moved to NZ we had use of a Suzuki Swift for a fee weeks.
We managed to fit almost all of the needed items for setting up a house into that, with three people. (My family believes I am a Tetris champion.)
I think a Ti is probably bigger!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gjm said:

When we moved to NZ we had use of a Suzuki Swift for a fee weeks.
We managed to fit almost all of the needed items for setting up a house into that, with three people. (My family believes I am a Tetris champion.)
I think a Ti is probably bigger!

Swifts have terrible boot space for the segment, we could barely fit the weeks supermarket shop in mine.

Compared to a van, yeah the Ti is impractical, but otherwise its got heaps of space.

Got the entire fan base of the Ti in NZ, all of 3 people, in here defending it's boot space. 

• Haha 4