Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

Heading for the moon, baby

A real space cadet. He's too busy to type but not to busy to field phone calls though,  probably wont be receiving many at that price so i suppose it works.

• Haha 2

Yeah probably just in case someone is desperate for this colour and spec etc, otherwise must be happy to keep it. 

Despite it likely being a great car, the incongruous bunch of photos don't do credibility any favours.

IMHO this car is worth more than the near identical car with SMG which is currently listed for $50k, because it isn't an SMG.  Both are certainly overpriced, or hoping for a desperate buyer, which could happen.  These prices are definitely on the horizon though.

I'm really regretting not buying the $35k M3 a few weeks ago!

It's interesting to see the least loved M3 climbing in price. Guess it tracks with the E46 M3 rocketing up too. 

On 11/13/2021 at 1:26 AM, Michael. said:

Maybe one of those hey wifey, its for sale things? 

The fact that the photos used in the listing looks like it was just taken from what he already had in his phone makes your statement so much more plausible 😂.

Either that, or he’s a very very ‘laidback’ person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

The fact that the photos used in the listing looks like it was just taken from what he already had in his phone makes your statement so much more plausible 😂.

Either that, or he’s a very very ‘laidback’ person.

My thoughts precisely. Couch effort advert. 

• Like 1

I remember rubbishing the price on the 49K one but they do seem to be going up in value in the US. However, you would always expect that to be higher value with LHD and a bigger market. I guess this is a similar one but with less miles and via a dealer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-BMW-M3-/174992209502?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Then a couple of others which are more to this price range:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-BMW-M3-/165149103719?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-BMW-M3-M3-/203696603097?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

On 11/13/2021 at 7:53 PM, KwS said:

It's interesting to see the least loved M3 climbing in price. Guess it tracks with the E46 M3 rocketing up too. 

Least loved M3? Only on this board KwS 😀

Not far from NZ there is this:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-bmw-e36-m3-coupe-1?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20211112+Daily+Email+Aus_11/November/2021&utm_term=&utm_id=34896&sfmc_id=6158447

Edited by Bandit
sp.

You can compare a can of beans and say the UK should put their prices up based on how NZ values beans, but it'd be just as ridiculous.

When one of these cars actually sells I'll adjust my perception. Until then I think they're dreamers and/or chancers.

Don't forget the car that started this trend is LHD and was priced by a greedy car yard based on 'I know what they're worth in the USA' mentality.

4 hours ago, Bandit said:

Least loved M3? Only on this board KwS 😀

I see Doug De Miro (who's reviewed a few cars) put the E30 and E36 M3 is his list of best BMWs at the expense of the E46.

Edit: he also dropped the 1M 😆 

Edited by Blackie

4 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

I remember rubbishing the price on the 49K one but they do seem to be going up in value in the US. However, you would always expect that to be higher value with LHD and a bigger market. I guess this is a similar one but with less miles and via a dealer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-BMW-M3-/174992209502?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Then a couple of others which are more to this price range:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-BMW-M3-/165149103719?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-BMW-M3-M3-/203696603097?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I expect most people here know, but just in case, the US M3 have an M54 based motor making 'only' 240hp, with a single throttle body.  They are good (I've driven one at length) but don't have the raw experience of the S50B30 or B32.

4 hours ago, Bandit said:

Noteworthy here is this car has LESS THEN 20,000 KMS!  That adds a LOT to its value, in most circles. I'm amazed at the crazy prices put cars in NZ with 250,000+ kms, or any 'classic' car in NZ with more than 100,000kms.

Not sure about least loved, I think that's subjective, and I'm biased anyway.

NZ new slicktop with no rear spoiler, that's a good set of options. The absence of interior photos is compounded by the totally screwed up registration (I assume BMW NZ or an official dealer is to blame for this sloppy work).

Registration (CarJam) says it's a 5-speed 3.0 which it is not. The VIN decodes to almost nothing as well, none of the usual details are available on mdecoder, (the only one I checked), and it claims it's LHD. That all could present valuation problems in the future, especially if you wanted to prove it was genuine and not a cut job. 

Can't be worth 60k IMO.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Until people started to realise they are good cars and the prices started to go up, they were widely slammed as being just another E36 with a good engine and nothing else going for it and werent "special" because they didnt get any bespoke bodywork other than mirrors. it didnt help people had a hard time separating the poxy US "M3" from the euro ones. 

I've had two, i know they're good, but you cant deny the E30/E46 were and still are preferred over the E36. The E90 was preferred over it for a while but i think the E36 has over taken them now as a more "pure drivers car".

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Not sure about least loved, I think that's subjective, and I'm biased anyway.

NZ new slicktop with no rear spoiler, that's a good set of options. The absence of interior photos is compounded by the totally screwed up registration (I assume BMW NZ or an official dealer is to blame for this sloppy work).

Registration (CarJam) says it's a 5-speed 3.0 which it is not. The VIN decodes to almost nothing as well, none of the usual details are available on mdecoder, (the only one I checked), and it claims it's LHD. That all could present valuation problems in the future, especially if you wanted to prove it was genuine and not a cut job. 

Can't be worth 60k IMO.

Decodes fine on Bimmer.work. Its no surprise that NZTA data is buggered, the system has always been flawed when relying on human input.

wbsbg92090ea88129-bimmer.work.pdf

• Like 1

Looks good, other than the armrest, can't stand the things, glad mine didn't come with one.

18 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

I expect most people here know, but just in case, the US M3 have an M54 based motor making 'only' 240hp, with a single throttle body.  They are good (I've driven one at length) but don't have the raw experience of the S50B30 or B32.

You know I knew someone was going to post this! 😆

At least we didn’t have someone breathlessly post “IT’S NOT A REAL M3!” - it’s made by BMW and is has the M3 badge… 

2 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

... it’s made by BMW and is has the M3 badge… 

To be fair, it that was the only qualifier there'd be a lot more M3's on the road today! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

To be fair, it that was the only qualifier there'd be a lot more M3's on the road today! 😉

Haha. Depends who attaches it I guess BMW factory > your mate down the pub 😆

• Like 1