Kees

E39 M5 For Sale

52 minutes ago, Zadkiel said:

This one is back up for sale with a more realistic pricing perhaps?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m5/listing/4015770143

And its had some decent and recent work done too. I think thats a good buy.

Wonder how much they paid for it a few months ago, probably more than 45 and they've spent a fair bit, particularly with clutch and flywheel replacement. 

• Like 1

I know beggars can't be choosers with E39 M5 spec but the sunroof and comfort seats spoil it for me, should have sports seats IMO (can't imagine many people deliberately despecced them). Price looks decent though 

I hope my car sells that quick when I list it soon.  Sadly I think it will be around for months :(

1 hour ago, balancerider said:

I know beggars can't be choosers with E39 M5 spec but the sunroof and comfort seats spoil it for me, should have sports seats IMO (can't imagine many people deliberately despecced them). Price looks decent though 

95/2595 RHD speeced with them. Aren't they the E38 comfort seat rather being despecced back down to a standard E39 seat? Might be apocryphal, but the internet would have you believe they're even better for long distances than the sport seat.

20 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

95/2595 RHD speeced with them. Aren't they the E38 comfort seat rather being despecced back down to a standard E39 seat? Might be apocryphal, but the internet would have you believe they're even better for long distances than the sport seat.

I've had a E39 with sport seats and comfort seats, the comfort seats are far superior for long cruises than sport seats, I haven't spent long enough in the M5 seats to say if there is any difference.

The E39 comfort seats do lack side bolstering though........I've been looking for a set of E38 sport comfort seats, very rare in NZ and expensive for a set in the US if you can find them.

• Like 1

$25K too much, but goddamn does an E39 look soooo right in silver. Playstation and Alpine tele's in the head rests is top notch Fast4's. 

• Like 2

Anthracite Metallic E39 M5 currently listed on Trade Me.  Tidy looking car but I personally think $68,999 is a bit steep. Was previously for sale on this form in 2014 for $26,500 and in 2017 for $28,000. How times have changed. 

Current Trade Me listing: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m5/listing/4214379173

2014 form post: https://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/48221-2000-bmw-m5-e39-sold/

2017 form post: https://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/57754-and-another-e39-m5-comes-up/?ct=1688733834

46A4D9A8-041A-4480-9C99-C49ED61CB726.jpeg

3F2D997E-44EB-416D-8BAB-4BBA54523658.jpeg

0F315D79-DA97-4486-BB5A-715B8DAA4D61.jpeg

• Like 1

Have they blacked out the cluster display? HU looks a bit yuck also.

59 minutes ago, MD13 said:

Have they blacked out the cluster display? HU looks a bit yuck also.

Do you mean the instrument dial should be grey? It’s because this is a pre facelift. Has some changes to modernize the look (has the newer steering wheel etc) but not the instrument dial. 

Great colour, quite spendy though.

Wonder if it's still got the Gruppe M carbon intakes and Hartge back boxes? 

On 7/11/2023 at 1:31 PM, Neil McCauley said:

Wonder if it's still got the Gruppe M carbon intakes and Hartge back boxes? 

I have the Hartge back boxes.

Nice one. But what's up with the prominent display of the date?! 

If anything it should just say "Freude am Fahren" 

Screenshot_20230721_193345.jpg

Looked at XM5X in person today. It’s a bit rough around the edges. A few of the things I spotted looking over the car quickly, Door sill trims falling apart, drivers door seal split, drivers seat bluster stitching split, windscreen moulding half missing, windshield cowl perished and vanos noise is louder than I’ve heard on other E39 M5s. This car certainly has good bones but has all the usual 20 year old BMW wear and tear. Could be a very nice car with some work.

Unusual in Jet Black. Think $59,999 would be fair if it was mint, but would require some $ to get it there.

FE059A12-C8CF-4EC4-B7F9-DBDEA730FF9D.thumb.jpeg.4520351ec29baf2c85bd2863729f480a.jpeg

88B3B5A1-54F6-4407-9103-1BFECCA9E054.jpeg

Edited by Mr White's Garage
Additional photo
  • Like 2

What the hell is up with those misaligned tailpipes? Cannot unsee it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vass said:

What the hell is up with those misaligned tailpipes? Cannot unsee it.

that and the purple parcel shelf stick out like dogs balls. Classic dealer trying to get premium money with minimal work.

58 minutes ago, KwS said:

Classic dealer trying to get premium money with minimal work.

Yeah, typical. They've also got an "ICONIC M CAR - 6-SPEED MANUAL - CLEAN UNMODIFIED" M3 that was clearly SMG from factory. That, with the swirled up paintjob and horrifically scratched up interior plastics can be yours today at a bargain price of $55k. As an added bonus, the factory strut bar has also gone off for a wander somewhere, because weight reduction.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KwS said:

that and the purple parcel shelf stick out like dogs balls. Classic dealer trying to get premium money with minimal work.

Goes along with mandatory worn gear knob they all seem to have

• Like 1