Driftit

E34 M5

Offer him 30-35k, if he declines he doesn't actually want to sell or is too greedy.

• Like 2

I'd say, from the name on it listing, it's quite clear he is an 'investor'.  He has bought it for $29k and will now hold on to it until he gets near $45k...maybe now (unlikely), maybe in 5 years (more likely).  But you can't sell if you don't advertise.

From memory, this car has been for sale for ages (2 years?) for $45k, then $35k, then finally sold for $29k.  So it's not moving anywhere soon, back at $45k.

Nice colour combo. Pity that it is LHD ☹️.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

I'd say, from the name on it listing, it's quite clear he is an 'investor'.  He has bought it for $29k and will now hold on to it until he gets near $45k...maybe now (unlikely), maybe in 5 years (more likely).  But you can't sell if you don't advertise.

From memory, this car has been for sale for ages (2 years?) for $45k, then $35k, then finally sold for $29k.  So it's not moving anywhere soon, back at $45k.

The issue with over exposure to the (TradeMe) marketplace is that the desirability for want of a better word is killed by listing with a price expectation that is beyond the previous recorded sale price.

Both the BMW and Porsche sections, and other brands too have many examples, for instance a 1M advertised by FarmerBill listed from memory in 2017, and still listed, this M5 too has suffered, all the E36 M Coupes remain unsold, plus quite a few E36 and E46 M3's as well.

Surely a better marketing strategy is to run a car for a month, low inquiry rate or no interest, pull the listing and revisit both the advert and price,  all of us on this forum know where the market is ...........

Just my two cents worth.........😁

• Like 4

People confuse TM with Bringatrailer and think that NZ is a marketplace that has same population as the US and magically there will be price wars. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Twistee said:

People confuse TM with Bringatrailer and think that NZ is a marketplace that has same population as the US and magically there will be price wars. 

We certainly have a lower population and smaller pool of prospective buyers.

Similar number of lowballing a-holes, though. ;) 

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:35 PM, gjm said:

We certainly have a lower population and smaller pool of prospective buyers.

Similar number of lowballing a-holes, though. ;) 

The used car market seems so flat right now that not even the low ballers are making offers!

On 3/11/2023 at 10:35 PM, gjm said:

Similar number of lowballing a-holes, though

I agree with this. My Boxster has been the most fun car to own, but the least fun car to sell. SO MANY low ballers, test drivers & general time wasters. People making "genuine" low ball offers in the trademe questions, asking other random questions when they clearly have no intention to buy the car etc. Worst market I've seen in AGES. 

6.5% interest rate means no spare money for cars.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GorGasm said:

6.5% interest rate means no spare money for cars.

Pretty much!

26 minutes ago, Kees said:

I agree with this. My Boxster has been the most fun car to own, but the least fun car to sell. SO MANY low ballers, test drivers & general time wasters. People making "genuine" low ball offers in the trademe questions, asking other random questions when they clearly have no intention to buy the car etc. Worst market I've seen in AGES. 

Assuming your trademe name is similar to on here, Boxtser looks like a great buy at that sort of money, would be tempting if I had the garage space just to put away for sunny days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thorns said:

Assuming your trademe name is similar to on here, Boxtser looks like a great buy at that sort of money, would be tempting if I had the garage space just to put away for sunny days.

Are you taking the pee? 😂

Here's another twist. I emailed the M5 owner asking if he'd trade for my M3... here's the response.

"Ive always wanted an M3 but at the moment its the space I need."

If he needs space... why did he buy it in March?

2 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

Here's another twist. I emailed the M5 owner asking if he'd trade for my M3... here's the response.

"Ive always wanted an M3 but at the moment its the space I need."

If he needs space... why did he buy it in March?

Ahhh i think it might just be a mis-communication. Probably saving for the Virgin Galactic flight I reckon, different space etc

• Haha 1