Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

i did that once, back when i was doing my vanos.... except it was a potent cleaning mix i made of degreaser and brake clean. Took days to come out of my skin.

Embrace the smell, its the smell of a real man :P

Took apart intake, cleaned AFM and ICV, removed some old alarm wiring while I was there, re-assembled.... 800rpm idle, one $321 running 94 318i auto.

Has bought me a night on the sofa, I've already stunk out the bedroom :D

Ah, so it's not just me in that boat.

550kms to go until run-in service on the rebuilt engine. 4k RPM limit is infuriating.

• Like 1

Ah, so it's not just me in that boat.

550kms to go until run-in service on the rebuilt engine. 4k RPM limit is infuriating.

Great news that you're mobile again!

Really hate to think what this little exercise has cost ya dude :mellow:

Jatcos are cheep haha

Tried new computer, still nothing. f**k!

Time for another sub $100 JATCO. How many will it take!?

Found a bunch of fractures so turned it into a table

attachicon.giftable.jpeg

Hey Justin, once you have 4 poked Jatcos, buy a ranchslider for the glass, and make a dining table :lol:

Hmmm would have to strip all the internals out first or it'll probably go through my floor!

• Like 1

Lowered my non-BMW down by adjusting the height control rods. Back actually sits a touch lower than that, except I reversed in the park which tends to lift the rear etc.

10624052_10205428521697649_7738529424272

• Like 1

Got a WoF on the $321 car. Almost a cleansheet, just some wheels need re-arranging (205s on one side, 195s on the other haha ooops didn't notice that!)

• Like 1

Risers for ltw wing showed up today from Abraham Motorsport. very disappointed. Holes wrong size, didn't line up, where the dowels go into them them poke out the other side so need to pack bolts out so they actually have something to hold to, doesnt match up properly with edges of top and bottom wing. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! Waste of about $250. Will get some photos tomorrow of it

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 1

Now with pics. What's the Best way to make these bigger at the back so it fits right.

Also got most of the e30s head back together tonight, valves lapped in, new stem seals, springs and retainers, cam and rockers all done so almost ready to go back on

post-5102-0-83767500-1416909215_thumb.jppost-5102-0-42012500-1416909242_thumb.jppost-5102-0-88074900-1416909261_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I'd try laying fibreglass around the end to pack it out, then try blend into the existing panel before that bolt hole with layers of resin.

Will be a long process!

One way would be to gladwrap or similar the original top and bottom pieces, then bog as usual, file and sand. then epoxy or fiberglass the middle pieces, then sand further and paint.

I cant help thinking though that if you had someone with a 3D printer, you could scan what you have, and make the necessary mathematical adjustments (by measuring your tops and bottoms) and have a nice nylon version. I am sure someone could do it. Those pieces are not that big or complicated for a 3D printer.

i concur, i think they'd be the perfect application for a 3d printer.

Oyea some good ideas there, So who has an can operate a 3d printer? Sounds like a job for mike to cad up :D

Added 15hp by buying and fitting some mtech door trim to Monty. In other news, theres a delay on my gearbox :-(

i think just chuck them in the bin and send wing to me for my kompakt

• Like 1

Getting the springs off was a bitch, my compressors were at the limit. In the eng I took it to a mechanic mate and he used a spring compression machine.

Fixed it. Finally. Now just need to put the body back together and get the ferkin thing legal. Then do I sell it or the carib? Don'tlike the caribs chances tbh.

cleaned it and took it for a drive for some photographs. Still a great car to drive.