Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Not at all, but in the past I was driving a company ute or rentals. Second time with the bimmer though. The trucks are getting more every time I go down there.

Not at all, but in the past I was driving a company ute or rentals. Second time with the bimmer though. The trucks are getting more every time I go down there.

yep just a sign of an ever growing Auckland population with productive land being sold for housing, and the increasing demand for food and resources needing to be trucked in from further and further away.

Auckland is geographically situated in literally the worst place for a main city lol. Tinyest width of land in the north island and sitting on top of a range of active volcanos amoung the main reasons!

• Like 4

I dont think you could go wrong buying Hamilton.

or take a punt in Huntly and gamble that KiwiRail will start stopping thier commuter trains there. Its got to happen sooner or later.

• Like 1

or take a punt in Huntly and gamble that KiwiRail will start stopping thier commuter trains there. Its got to happen sooner or later.

We looked at a house in Huntly last weekend. Really nice place, 4 bedrooms, view of the river, nearly 2Ha including 1 of uncovenented bush. Went to put in an offer on Tuesday and found it had been sold to a cash buyer.

You gotta be frickin' quick. :(

What part of Huntly was that? Hakarimata is pretty nice place to be if your your looking Huntly, its still Huntly, but not haha. Even In Te Kauwhata houses are selling for ridiculous prices and getting snapped up pretty quick. Not toooo far to commute to Auckland if you dont mind early starts, seems more and more poeple are moving down

Edited by rusteee

Riverview Road in Huntly - west side of the river, but well towards the south side.

We'll go have a look at a place in Naike tomorrow. The current owners have commuted to Auckland for years.

Back on topic ( :) ) I'll fill the 320d up again tomorrow. Initial estimates are 5%+ more economy since removing the EGR gubbins, but that remains to be confirmed.

• Like 2

Got touring2.0 complete and running and driving after manual conversion. Shifter is nice after replacing all the bushes, drives really nice too but isn't quite running right.

Has been sitting for probably two years before it moved today. Struggled to start initially but after some fresh fuel she came right.

Ran like poos first time out, noisey lifters, but they quitened up after a few mins. Still ran sh*t tho, missing, smelling like fuel. Checked plugs and, Uhhh, not pretty.

post-5102-0-19004600-1442575170_thumb.jp

After a very good clean up and re gap she ran a lot better but is still hesitant low down and bogging under load. Unsure if conversion related or not as still have auto ecu plugged in and trans fault light on the dash. But from what I've read that's how a lot of guys do it and just take the dash light lamp out.

Will do some research and probably get it plugged in for an assessment next week

• Like 2

WOF passed on the E38, whoop whoop, well apart from some replaced brake lines, no dramas

On collecting though the battery had finally given up, so replaced that but knew it was coming

• Like 2

Pulled out the damaged side vent and put in a new one, also repaired the damaged inner guard, no more scraping at full lock!

post-17842-0-33522300-1442636451_thumb.j

• Like 2

Swapped E46 Business Tape out for Business CD with Aux-In jack in sunglasses tray.

Did you buy it locally? How much if I may ask? Cheers

Upgraded headlights to Xenon on the 540i. Unfortunately they came with the white indicators which does not suit the green color of the car, but the difference compared to Halogens is huge.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Started a clutch change on a friend's e36 318i, it's now turned into a flywheel and pressure plate replacement as well. Thankfully we had spares.

Pro tip: don't let other people drive your car and ride the clutch.

Did you buy it locally? How much if I may ask? Cheers

Bought one off a member here. Thread is here http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/53768-wtb-e46-factory-cd-head-unit/#entry582400

There are a few different variants of the head unit, some pricier than others. Start by expecting to pay maybe $250-350 locally second hand depending on which, then shop around and see what you can get. The aux-in jack can be built yourself or added a number of different ways with OE and aftermarket kit options. I got an OE kit in from Pelican Parts as part of an order I was doing. Think it was $USD45.

• Like 1

Decided on Friday night that my little 2002 wasn't going to start restoring itself, so spent Yesterday today tearing it down, mainly to investigate the rust situation and see if my gamble has paid off.

Several surface spots which are nothing

Some reasonably set in rust in the bottom of the fresh air box in the firewall

and drivers side floor pan is totally rotted out, including in the chassis rail for want of a better word,

I am confident sorting out the rust in the firewall and have done floor pans before in my Suzuki SJ410 i had many many years ago,

However I will have to get a professional opinion on the chassis rail as there is very little integrity left in it.

Have also decided I need to build a carport off the side of the house or find an alternative residence for my E30 while i am doing this sanding and whatnot, dust just goes everywhere, and you need quite a bit of extra space for panels and seats etc when they are not in/on the car!

IMG_2254_zpsgbsjpjg4.jpg

• Like 5

Gave the 328 coupe a good clean out today. Discovered it has a trx weave for a spare. Interesting.

Reglued the door card mounts that was falling off the drivers side for re fitting tomorrow. Saw it was blowing oil thru the engine bay, turns out the filter cap was finger tight and the oil is disgusting so will change that tomorrow before she's back out on loan on Tuesday.

Reattached rear side mould with a new clip to stop it flapping.

And need to reflash the tourings dme as a manual so it runs right. Can anyone help with that?

Edited by euroriffic

Another night behind the polisher, couple more to go, should be good for some updated pics this weekend

• Like 2

Picked up flywheel and clutch kit, now i just need to track down a clutch alignment tool and get back under the car....

Picked up flywheel and clutch kit, now i just need to track down a clutch alignment tool and get back under the car....

Pretty sure I have something that might help... About time I did something to help you instead of t'other way around!

Unless.... An E34 requires a specific clutch tool? To be honest I don't know, but if I can help, I will.

Washed the e28 again.

Started pulling the e34 apart. Starting with the valve cover, the number 1 intake rocker is broken.

post-51421-0-19870500-1443429142.jpg

Also started taking apart the interior, which is strangely enjoyable.

• Like 2

fitted some stickyer road rubber to my E28 M535i

now I can use all the power

bridgestone potenzas RE003

235/45-17"

so far seam good

thanks reid :)

post-279-0-12681700-1443763344_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-80367700-1443763348_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Sold the 328 coupe for 1900. Paid $1000, spent $300 on it, swapped the Motorsport kit for standard over to the touring which is the same colour. Think I came out alright from it :D

• Like 7