Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Got annoyed with check brake light warning. All.bulbs fine and sockets clean. Out of boredom.replaced.every single bulb in the rear lights with new ones. Then occured to pull out the high stop light. Low and behold a melted socket replaced that and all is fixed.

Also fitted the new heater control panel i got off juggernaught. Turns out e39 fl and pfl have different panels. They plug in but dont work. Didnt matter as my one just needed new buttons. Swapped over face plate and i can now control temp again. Yay.

If anyone wants a fl heater control unit to fix theirs if screen has gone let me know. I have no use for it now.

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Getting the same thing on my old 36. Never occurred to me to check out the high stop! Thanks for the idea!

Fitted the lift kit to the M-Technic suspension equipped E39...

12942420423_4630b146fd_z.jpg

10mm spacers on top of every strut mount with longer studs - raised it up about 20mm

Tempted to do this on mine. Eibach springs are just a tad too low, getting peeved with scraping the standard bumper all the time :( where did you source the spacers from?

Looks interesting, can you elaborate?

most use the m3 type housing to do a cooler setup i made a bypass system inside the stock unit and custom fittings nothing special just something to do on a rainy day

Tempted to do this on mine. Eibach springs are just a tad too low, getting peeved with scraping the standard bumper all the time :( where did you source the spacers from?

Umm... Fronts are alloy - I made them from 10mm aluminium sheet.

Rears are plastic - much easier. You can buy plastic sheet like nylon or polypropylene or silimar ;) WAY easier than the alloy.

Getting the same thing on my old 36. Never occurred to me to check out the high stop! Thanks for the idea!

Same issue i had on my E36. For me it was the buggered wiring in the boot hinge. Also coincided with the boot lock not triggering the central locking. The second time i had the issue, it was a stuffed brake light switch (and then the cheap replacement i fitted. Only a genuine switch fixed it).

casual sunday putting bigger cams in, just under 300 deg on the exhaust idling is over rated

post-793-0-06848200-1394950891.jpg

Do you mean underrated?

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

casual sunday putting bigger cams in, just under 300 deg on the exhaust idling is over rated

need videos of this !

Unblocked the passenger side windscreen washer jet

• Like 1

need videos of this !

have a few but doesnt beat real life

Think I need an older car... nothing goes wrong on this current one tsk

Cleaned Vomit off the leather... :(

Sink!

moved the M3 from its resting place(so could mow under it) , got a new wof for it probably done about 100km since last one.

chucked another battery in it .

ripped out the stupid alarm in it, sorted the left front seat so it moves backwards and forwards , gave it a wash (dont know why i bothered)

watched the paint run off the front alloys (someone elses bad piant job)

drove it down the road

thats it

cant decide if i like this better or my 96 328i coupe with the super charger :S

post-279-0-36739100-1395290558_thumb.jpg

Got this; Another E21 1982, 323 manual

To replace this factory 2.3 with evo S50B32 (another winter project)

post-1470-0-09295400-1395298169.jpg

post-1470-0-62494800-1395298241.jpg

post-1470-0-14322200-1395298412.jpg

Edited by HELLBM
  • Like 4

Took my 540i from her resting place for the last 2 weeks and gave her a bit of a run.. Went well, then progressed to spend 4 hours removing tree sap from the 'cyclone' with a polish and wax after.. Looking like she is meant to again.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance, you have this as well as the 7er?

I wish - in a perfect world! No, sold the 728i to get this.. Missed the M62 from the old 740iL, but needed something smaller and with a bit more.. Uh, potential to play I should say... :)

Edit: Have been using work vehicle, hence her absence on the road..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Amber-Leigh

Got this; Another E21 1982, 323 manual

To replace this factory 2.3 with evo M50B32 (another winter project)

S50b32?? Either way, f**king awesome. Makes me jealous as I cant wait to stick one in my touring.

Would love one in mine too!

Edited by euroriffic

Got this; Another E21 1982, 323 manual To replace this factory 2.3 with evo S50B32 (another winter project)

Cool project, but I have to say you are brave if you are going to give an E21 that kind of power!

Even the standard 323i had a tendency to fly off the road when pushed, let alone with all those extra horses trying to get out.

Cool project, but I have to say you are brave if you are going to give an E21 that kind of power!

Even the standard 323i had a tendency to fly off the road when pushed, let alone with all those extra horses trying to get out.

Dont worry, its going to be an e21 version of my e30 :)

I guess there are lots of things you can do with shocks / springs sub-frames, etc. but I thought the E21 chassis is the limiting factor? Although knowing you and Ray there will be a few plans in mind already.