Apex

Quick rant thread.

Local media using a stock photo of a BMW E36 with European plates for a story about crashes on the Remutakas. 

It should be a picture of a tradies Ford Ranger.  And a photo from the Remutaka's not some Euro highway.

20230213_134215.jpg

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:26 AM, Driftit said:

This crash was just after the incredibly frustrating roadworks that run nearly the entire stretch between Carterton and Masterton.  The speed limit changes 5 times.
50 -> 70 ->50 ->70 ->50 ->80
This all was once 100kph with passing lanes.  All passing lanes are now permanently closed.

I've been here a few years now and I still don't understand NZ highways :huh:

9 hours ago, Driftit said:

Local media using a stock photo of a BMW E36 with European plates for a story about crashes on the Remutakas. 

It should be a picture of a tradies Ford Ranger.  And a photo from the Remutaka's not some Euro highway.

I love that the Herald still uses a black E32 dropping a skid for every single article about boy racers 😂

I had a dream last night that someone on Bimmersport was selling me their supercharged Z3M Coupe for $11,000.

Was rather bitter after I woke up and realised that certainly isn't happening. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sho nuff... but you could have dat blue Z4 wit da wang for $168 per week.... :)

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
Kant spel....
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:26 AM, Driftit said:

This crash was just after the incredibly frustrating roadworks that run nearly the entire stretch between Carterton and Masterton.  The speed limit changes 5 times.
50 -> 70 ->50 ->70 ->50 ->80
This all was once 100kph with passing lanes.  All passing lanes are now permanently closed.

Experienced this shambolic bit of administration first hand today. SH2 is 80kph between Featherston and Carterton despite being the straightest widest piece of road in the area...but turn off onto a secondary road and 100kph is fine. NZTA can get f**ked

• Like 6

^^ you nailed it.

• Like 1

PROVERB:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

POSSIBLE MEANING:

1) People who believe they are doing good can end up doing bad (the law of unintended consequences).

2) There is no value in simply planning to do good if you don't actually do it. 

• Like 1

Idiots posting on Facebook complaining they aren't getting a response from a car dealer about the service they have booked for today.

In Hastings.

Do these people not see the news?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, gjm said:

Do these people not see the news?

They do, but it still doesn’t affect their levels of entitlement!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

They do, but it still doesn’t affect their levels of entitlement!

This was for a 'prestige' manufacturer. The self-entitlement is overwhelming. 😡

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jon dee said:

1) People who believe they are doing good can end up doing bad (the law of unintended consequences).

That's absolutely true, but it doesn't fit the "law" of unintended consequence, that's a different thing.

Such disappointment. An E87 with four wheel drive?! Sign me up!

image.png.953fb192a6cd80873d9d34458ddc9bed.png

> Interwebs say F10 electric water pumps usually cark it at 120k kms

> can't be right, it's the interwebs being the usual 

> my water pump dead at 132k kms. 

>me: Surprised Pikachu | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

Decatted diesel utes (old hiluxes / landcruiser 70's / discovery) belching black smoke + 100dB exhaust noise everywhere they go can FRO. We should get emissions testing here...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, balancerider said:

Decatted diesel utes (old hiluxes / landcruiser 70's / discovery) belching black smoke + 100dB exhaust noise everywhere they go can FRO. We should get emissions testing here...

Lowered so far on silly wheels that they rely on tyre sidewalls for suspension compliance ("just like F1, innit") - seeing them bounce over bumps makes my back hurt!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, balancerider said:

Did you venture over to the Wairarapa or something?  They plague the roads over here.

Roadworks.  Yep this again.
2km+ of dumped gravel between Featherston and Greytown at the moment.
6km+ of dumped gravel between Gladstone and Carterton.
Take care.  Very slippy.  Stones flicking everywhere.  Utes flying through it at 100kph.

Roundabout at the start of Masterton.  Traffic builds up for KM's before this in the mornings due to SH2 traffic no longer having right of way.  Unsealed.  Very bumpy.  Muddy.

Many speed cameras and many cops patrolling.  Including on bypass/back roads.

I will not learn... New maf sensors, new turbo actuator. Same errors. Check fuse. Replace fuse. Errors gone. 😠🤨

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

absolutely hate that I got finessed and was threatened with legalese into selling the semi electric land boat. 

Sky tv. Jumped ship from them to Vodafone TV a few years back (somewhat better), had to go back to the dark side. 
Have heard nothing, 15 minutes waiting for a “live” chat slot, to be told we can’t help. 
51 minutes on the phone to be told they have no record of my order although they agree that my dish has been upgraded as per their work order, so in fact, they must have received it, but it hasn’t been processed.

”Should” be there by Friday.

Finishing line, “We’ve had heaps of these calls today.”

45 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

Sky tv. Jumped ship from them to Vodafone TV a few years back (somewhat better), had to go back to the dark side. 
Have heard nothing, 15 minutes waiting for a “live” chat slot, to be told we can’t help. 
51 minutes on the phone to be told they have no record of my order although they agree that my dish has been upgraded as per their work order, so in fact, they must have received it, but it hasn’t been processed.

”Should” be there by Friday.

Finishing line, “We’ve had heaps of these calls today.”

Get Kodi and borrow a mates SkyGo details.  Maybe pay some of their bill to cover it.  There are no issues with shared accounts with Kodi + SkyGo.
Too many subpar subscriptions in NZ to see the few shows that are worth watching.

So glad Plex and Kodi are a thing.

• Like 2

When the MD gives you a wind up about not completing your security training, forgetting about the laptop that IT threw in the bin because he clicked that ransomware email link. FFS. Bean counters just love em. 

• Haha 1

Budget accommodation prices don't seem so "budget" anymore..... :( 

Should've chosen another time to go on holiday.

12 hours ago, Choo said:

Budget accommodation prices don't seem so "budget" anymore..... :( 

Should've chosen another time to go on holiday.

Mrs M and her friend went to Hamilton (the long way - we're in Hawke's Bay) last month. $270 a night.

Which is probably why I'll not be getting a holiday any time soon.