Apex

Quick rant thread.

47 minutes ago, Harper said:

Costco

You have to book well in advance and have them fitted\balanced? How much cheaper were they compared to the usuals?

Got my last set of Michelin PS4S's from Costo in the states, was about $2K NZD all-in, although I had some very favourable shipping rates (ie: free).

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

You have to book well in advance and have them fitted\balanced? How much cheaper were they compared to the usuals?

Fitting and balancing is included. Filled with nitrogen.

Last time I was there ps5(?)s were about $270/tyre for 215/45/17 and re003 were $288.

For the X5 fronts, they were $142/tyre cheaper than I could find elsewhere for ps4 suv.

• Like 1

Costco tyre shop hours. 

Opening Hours

• Mon-Fri 10:00am - 8:30pm
  • Sat 9:30am - 6:30pm
  • Sun 10:00am - 6:00pm

I can't even get any shop down here to do anything after 2pm. Let alone on a Sunday... 

I miss Costco. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Driftit said:

Costco tyre shop hours. 

Opening Hours

• Mon-Fri 10:00am - 8:30pm
  • Sat 9:30am - 6:30pm
  • Sun 10:00am - 6:00pm

I can't even get any shop down here to do anything after 2pm. Let alone on a Sunday... 

I miss Costco. 

Sunday? Saturday late morning - 10.00 - on is difficult, assuming the tyre place is open at all at the weekend. (Could well be a non-urban centre thing, of course.)

And yes - the 'discounts' now being offered are a pale imitation of what we saw only a few months ago. 25% max, whereas 40% was usual. And when buying a new tyre there is a 'Tyrewise Stewardship Government Fee' applied at checkout which should cover the cost of disposal of end-of-life tyres, yet some places are still charging a tyre disposal fee, too.

Been doing quite a few trips in the dark recently and noticed a hell of a lot of cars with stupid aftermarket lights bolted on. Many of which would be illegal / WoF fails.

Including - utes with LED light bars across the bonnet and above the cab - it’s Auckland FFS not Nevada. 
Old Toyota with “line” style white lights around the rear boot and bumper?

Lots of people movers with blue lights at the front for headlights and fog lights?

Good old retro “neons” lighting up the road under the car - many so badly fitted you can see the actual light under the car!

Half the drivers in Auckland are confused if it rains let alone if it’s dark and there’s what looks like a UFO coming at them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Been doing quite a few trips in the dark recently and noticed a hell of a lot of cars with stupid aftermarket lights bolted on. Many of which would be illegal / WoF fails.

Including - utes with LED light bars across the bonnet and above the cab - it’s Auckland FFS not Nevada. 
Old Toyota with “line” style white lights around the rear boot and bumper?

Lots of people movers with blue lights at the front for headlights and fog lights?

Good old retro “neons” lighting up the road under the car - many so badly fitted you can see the actual light under the car!

Half the drivers in Auckland are confused if it rains let alone if it’s dark and there’s what looks like a UFO coming at them. 

coloured park lights and angel eye rings piss me off so much. Blatantly illegal, very obvious, owners DGAF and nothing happens to them. I use cold white leds as park lights and get told to remove them by an officer at a checkpoint, and then fail a wof because of them.

• Like 1