Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Attended a test day at pukekohe yesterday. Heaps of fun driving on a track. The old girl held up well with no issues and cruised home afterwards. ?

Left work 2pm Friday
Not going back till this Thursday coming.

Neat.

• Like 2

Got made redundant on Friday - last day is the 30th of this month!

Quite glad on the whole, I can finally focus on my own agenda and ventures instead of wasting my time working for a company going nowhere :)

• Like 6

Quite glad on the whole, I can finally focus on my own agenda and ventures instead of wasting my time working for a company going nowhere :)

Sounds like it's opening some new opportunities for you Michael, change is tough but if you embrace it, it can led to great things

All the best mate

• Like 3

Fenix?

Yep

The boss has overspent grossly on failed product to expand the company. I'm the 7th person to be made redundant out of a work force of 25 people, go figure :P

Good that you have a positive attitude towards the changes.

I thought you were in Real Estate??

• Like 1

Nice wheels.

Posted Image

I was about to say the same. The BBS RSIIs on my old 540 would have looked grand on your Soarer, Mike.
  • Like 2

Good that you have a positive attitude towards the changes.

I thought you were in Real Estate??

Hah cheers, yeah I was up until May 2014, for 3 years.

Ran it's course - I still have my licence on hold so could go back to it under a friend managing an office, but that is not my goal at the moment. The market uncertainties mean it's probably not going to the be the best of times either if it goes belly up!

Got made redundant in July and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have certainly put payout to good use. All the best to you.

• Like 1

Hopefully this doesn't end up in the quick rant thread...

But bought what I assume is a getrag 265 (e24 5 speed with removable Bell housing, what else could it be?)for stupidly cheap. And I am aware that they cost a lot to rebuild and that the bell housing, shift linkage and cross member will be a pita to find.

But bought what I assume is a getrag 265 (e24 5 speed with removable Bell housing, what else could it be?)for stupidly cheap. And I am aware that they cost a lot to rebuild and that the bell housing, shift linkage and cross member will be a pita to find.

I saw you bought that. If you find a bellhousing you are onto a winner I reckon. I wasn't brave enough / don't have enough time / don't actually need it.

• Like 1

Damn was hoping to get at least a little bit for my one :(

Fingers crossed your 3rd gear syncro's are not stuffed. Pretty sure they are twin syncros in this box.

If it does need some love send it up here to Kayne Barrie. Knows his stuff.

Damn was hoping to get at least a little bit for my one :(

Fingers crossed your 3rd gear syncro's are not stuffed. Pretty sure they are twin syncros in this box.

If it does need some love send it up here to Kayne Barrie. Knows his stuff.

The last one that I saw for sale was $1k... which is why I grabbed this one.

Yeah, if the syncros are good it will be icing on the cake. I bought it on the assumption that it may turn into a boat anchor (not really, but you get the point)

Would need to find a bellhousing (not sure if I would get an m20 or m30/m10/s14 one) before considering a rebuild

Stupid question, but would the bell housing from the E36 Jatco slushbox work? Was the first thought I had when I spied the listing. Just bummed it wasn't the dogleg, would've been sold in a second!!

Yeah, if the syncros are good it will be icing on the cake. I bought it on the assumption that it may turn into a boat anchor (not really, but you get the point)

Would need to find a bellhousing (not sure if I would get an m20 or m30/m10/s14 one) before considering a rebuild

Taking my labouring missus to the maternity hospital in an E30 and bringing home my shiny new baby boy in the E39. Winning!

• Like 11

Taking my labouring missus to the maternity hospital in an E30 and bringing home my shiny new baby boy in the E39. Winning!

Congrats bro. I hope all are happy and healthy.

• Like 1

Well done...

to her really, not you :P

Congrats... I've got 3 boys... "noise with dirt on"!

• Like 1

Well done...

to her really, not you :P

Congrats... I've got 3 boys... "noise with dirt on"!

My useful input ended roughly 42 weeks ago!

3 eh? I can't decide if you're braver or stupider than I ;)

• Like 4

There was a couple of bell housings for the 265 on Ebay about a week back. Can't remember what they mated to though sorry.

Congrats Matt, 2 definitely enough!!

• Like 1

Sold my V12 E34 Touring today! Heading to Blenheim, not sure if we have any members there but keep an eye out for it!

• Like 10

Sold my V12 E34 Touring today! Heading to Blenheim, not sure if we have any members there but keep an eye out for it!

Congrats Andy. Must be a bit sad to see it go though after all the work you'd put into it.

Hope it's going to a good home.

• Like 1