E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

That sunroof is pretty funky... Reminds me of a boat hatch.

Might be why the roof is a bit rippled.., cutting that hole and banging that monstrosity in there?

Oh, I remember when after market sun/roofs were a thing! God knows what they did to the structural integrity of the vehicle? I had a full length webasto in my Avenger, not much metal roof left at all.

• Like 1

At least it doesn’t look like it’s rusted the roof, like the factory one.

I always thought it must be nerve wracking making the first cut and wondering if you’d got it right….

• Like 1

Rear sedan seats: $1000.

Red leather seats: $2000.

Wow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Red leather sports seats..?? If so.. where??

Facebook. However they are in Ohio and it’s $2k USD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, E28E30 said:

Plus postage

$2000 shipped… but yeah probably not to NZ! 

To be honest re-trimmed full leather interior at US$2000 is pretty good buying. Try to find a set of seats and panels plus to get re-trimmed I would suggest you would be looking at well north of that price.

There is still some good buying to be had on some E30 stuff overseas, if it’s something that is easy to ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

To be honest re-trimmed full leather interior at US$2000 is pretty good buying. Try to find a set of seats and panels plus to get re-trimmed I would suggest you would be looking at well north of that price.

There is still some good buying to be had on some E30 stuff overseas, if it’s something that is easy to ship.

I think its the same firm I enquired about seats with last year, was looking at from memory $1400 USD to send four seats.  But my memory may be lacking.  They appear to do good work but I wanted cloth, and ideally, Sports seats in “SE” fabric ie a custom build, and they cannot get the SE striped fabric, plus toooo expensive 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Excellent value, even though I bet those are DIY retrimmed with the L-Seat premade leather covers.

Meanwhile in NZ, a set of ragged out front sport seats is easily $1500 plus and I spent over $5k on my retrim (although that was with near unobtanium OEM fabric / seat shocks / frame welding and custom door cards).

• Like 2

E30 prices are officially nuts. (Note: In my opinion. :) )

$500 will buy:

image.png.1bea821aeaf49524f08641645f148bba.png

If the seller can get this, then good for them.

I, and I've no doubt others, will be kicking themselves for the many skips full of similar parts that we've thrown away over the years!

• Haha 1

Those parts rarely need replacing i would think, so unless your car has been owned by a munter i cant see them selling very fast. 

Kick panels tend to get broken, when they drop down and catch on Your foot, glove box latches are prone to breaking - I no notice this one doesn’t have the latch! But the rest of it is pretty likely to be low demand.

One man’s crap is another man’s treasure!

actually, the center console worth a bit. will be either base model 318i sedan with power windows in the front only, or from a coupe which not many being wrecked any more. and yes they do break, usually the same time as the glovebox and/or the under tray is removed, or people pull the console not knowing about the two clips further back etc. They are also easy to break in storage too, the foam is very weak.

$500 very steep tho, i can do it all cheaper if anyone needs that stuff.

8 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

actually, the center console worth a bit. will be either base model 318i sedan with power windows in the front only, or from a coupe which not many being wrecked any more. and yes they do break, usually the same time as the glovebox and/or the under tray is removed, or people pull the console not knowing about the two clips further back etc. They are also easy to break in storage too, the foam is very weak.

$500 very steep tho, i can do it all cheaper if anyone needs that stuff.

I think I'll be looking for some interior parts.  ( as mentioned above,  lots went in the skip,  now I want to put it back )

On 10/1/2022 at 8:03 PM, gjm said:

I, and I've no doubt others, will be kicking themselves for the many skips full of similar parts that we've thrown away over the years!

All that Mtech junk I sold for cheap to help out other owners.  I could have installed that B58 in my E34 that I dream about by now.

• Like 2

Very nice, and reasonable Price if it’s all straight

and Not hiding anything.

8 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Does look nice.

But for $38k asking I'd really expect to see more than a half-picture of the interior, and none of the engine bay or boot.

I will point out it was free listing on trademe yesterday. So a lot of posts with not a great amount of detail, using photos that they just had last saved on their phone. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3817963700

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3817926469

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3817651796

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3817605041

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3817545174

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3817426883

https://www.trademe.co.nz/3816869395

Edited by nick496
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, nick496 said:

I will point out it was free listing on trademe yesterday. So a lot of posts with not a great amount of detail, using photos that they just had last saved on their phone.

A number of 'excitingly' priced listings.

• Haha 1

Yeah, some interesting cars, and some “interesting” prices in that lot. Will be good to have some more info and pictures on a couple of them.