Sign in to follow this  
m325i

New M2

Rear looks looks terrible from that default angle.  If you cut the car in half and told me it was the latest Nissan Maxima id believe you.

Like the bonnet line and the windscreen rake. E46 M3 esk .

Rear csl boot looks good too.

• Like 1

Previous gen is quite nice and getting more affordable, this is a little heavy and Toyota-colab looking, not that my opinion matters as I can’t afford one!

Im sure it will look very purposeful in the flesh.

Edited by Sammo

These pics, posted by @Neil McCauley in the random pics thread a few weeks back help with seeing the full shape because the car is white... it's very, very boxy at the front and rear and doesn't seem to adhere to any current BMW design language, it's a weird looking car.

1664035873242955.jpeg

1664035917395352.jpeg

1664035885946840.jpeg

It has some strange 90's JDM aesthetic, I don't hate it but I can't love it. That I-beam rear end is just fugly, the kidney grills are better than the buck-toothed rabbit grills of late but they look like a child drew them, and what's up with that central frame? 

Edited by M3AN

3 hours ago, M3AN said:

help with seeing the full shape because the car is white…

That’s the new Zandvoort Blue colour, very light baby blue. Doesn’t do it any favours imho.

lol - if BMW are calling something that is essentially white, blue then there's no end to the despair. Regardless, the colour allows us to see the rather Frankenstein nature of this beast.

I think the rear 3/4 view is actually quite good but it's in total conflict with the front and rear perspectives. In this awkward design it seems even Chris Bangle has been trumped.

Edited by M3AN

Just me, or does the full fat M Performance kit look absolutely faaaarken awesome?? 

The rear bumper is light years ahead of the standard item (let's not discuss the over & under exhaust) and the larger front intakes with the side canards make so much more sense. 

Pub discussion with a couple of serial M owners this arvo, and the general consensus was "Why does it take another $30K (and the rest) of bits to perfect an M product?" The cynic / realist in me knows that it's an easy money spinner, but it's almost egregious that bumpers that are so cohesive for the awkward design they're working with are held back as an aftersales product when the main items look so sh*t. 

2023-bmw-m2-with-m-performance-parts(1).jpg

2023-bmw-m2-with-m-performance-parts2.jpg

2023-bmw-m2-with-m-performance-parts.jpg

• Like 2

Um, no. I'm with Imran on the M kit, looks tacky IMO. There are going to be more cohesive ways to dress up this car (which I quite like in base form).

And the Zandvort Blue is definitely blue, not white...

https://g42.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1961566

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 4.44.20 PM.png

Edited by TonyT

19 hours ago, M3AN said:

lol - if BMW are calling something that is essentially white, blue then there's no end to the despair. Regardless, the colour allows us to see the rather Frankenstein nature of this beast.

Lol, I know men only recognise five colours but that’s a long way from white. Even in the potato leaked photos you can see the blue, yfr.

Hero cars and the promotional specs are mostly steered away from white as it doesn’t show the lines and surfaces at all well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly blue, might want to alter your display colour settings. 

It's also ugly as all f**k, no matter the colour. Compare it to the outgoing M2 and it's not even a contest. 

The new one is like a child drew it, but I think even a child could do better. 

Hate it.  All the M gear makes it look like a mix between the Honda Civic R and a Scion.
That shitty little spoiler, the fake plastic looking bits on the rear bumper all look Honda to me.
The front looks like a bodykit from the early 2000's.

Doesn't follow the BMW design at all.  Weighs 1700kg's......
Will absolutely chew through tires and brakes.

Watching a vid recently of a company that was running a G80 as a Ring Taxi.  They just dumped it due to how it burns through tires/brakes/driveshafts (yep that's an odd one).  Just too heavy.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 2

lol @ those that think the predominant "colour" in the pictures Neil posted is blue. 🙄

Regardless, it's fugly and the original "white" pictures illustrate that well, irrespective of any photographic correction.

37 minutes ago, M3AN said:

lol @ those that think the predominant "colour" in the pictures Neil posted is blue. 🙄

Regardless, it's fugly and the original "white" pictures illustrate that well, irrespective of any photographic correction.

On 10/14/2022 at 4:10 PM, M3AN said:

These pics, posted by @Neil McCauley in the random pics thread a few weeks back help with seeing the full shape because the car is white... it's very, very boxy at the front and rear and doesn't seem to adhere to any current BMW design language, it's a weird looking car.

1664035873242955.jpeg

1664035917395352.jpeg

1664035885946840.jpeg

It has some strange 90's JDM aesthetic, I don't hate it but I can't love it. That I-beam rear end is just fugly, the kidney grills are better than the buck-toothed rabbit grills of late but they look like a child drew them, and what's up with that central frame? 

Either its blue and you are blind as a bat, or you are trying to save face by saying you are talking about a different set of pictures...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:25 PM, Neil McCauley said:

Just me, or does the full fat M Performance kit look absolutely faaaarken awesome?? 

The rear bumper is light years ahead of the standard item (let's not discuss the over & under exhaust) and the larger front intakes with the side canards make so much more sense. 

Pub discussion with a couple of serial M owners this arvo, and the general consensus was "Why does it take another $30K (and the rest) of bits to perfect an M product?" The cynic / realist in me knows that it's an easy money spinner, but it's almost egregious that bumpers that are so cohesive for the awkward design they're working with are held back as an aftersales product when the main items look so sh*t. 

2023-bmw-m2-with-m-performance-parts(1).jpg

2023-bmw-m2-with-m-performance-parts2.jpg

2023-bmw-m2-with-m-performance-parts.jpg

reminds me of a gr Yaris somehow 

Not getting me super excited to be fair but each time I see it I like it a wee bit more. What really bugs me is that it weighs over 1700kg, that's nearly the same weight as V8 Commodore.  

Just like most recent M cars...they always look better in the flesh. Looking forward to seeing one in person

On 10/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, Herbmiester said:

What really bugs me is that it weighs over 1700kg, that's nearly the same weight as V8 Commodore.  

The new generation of small BMWs now gets the full set of safety and driver aids, which they didn’t before. That would add quite a bit to the weight I believe.

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The new generation of small BMWs now gets the full set of safety and driver aids, which they didn’t before. That would add quite a bit to the weight I believe.

Allowing the talentless to look talented. I guess this trend will keep driving the real drivers to look for the original drivers cars.

More like allowing the stupid to stay alive.

There is also a button you can press to turn it all off if you really want to find out how much talent you have actually got. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Wouldn't it be more likely because it's CLAR platform? Isn't an M235i xDrive GC on the UKL platform (depending on options) 200-250kg lighter?

I can't really think of any safety or driver aids that would add significant weight that haven't been in use for the last 20 years... Not being facetious, I genuinely can't think of any that aren't sensors / wiring / 1 million lines of code. 

• Like 2

Hmmm...

Why does it look like a chinese ripoff of a Subaru XV with an extension sikaflexed on the back?

The M performance version looks a bit Aliexpecial...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw this in the flesh this week in Munich at the Welt, much better in person. Not sure on the front grill, don’t think they got that bit right with the square edges however it does align to a number of squared edges across the car, the rest of the design actually comes across really well in the flesh

2BCE1E90-3DD3-4255-B0D6-5C9D9F2E9567.jpeg

3DD8E7AE-F0C6-495C-A398-BE948B6AFF9F.jpeg

2990994A-F038-432A-B4D9-FBE99F48B9CF.jpeg

• Like 1