Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Got the Aim working with the link

Are you aiming for 10k RPM?

Back on the ground for now.... was starting to piss me off working on it all the time, and all sorts of stupid issues..

Quick pic before I took it for a spin and came back and gave it a quick wash.. I think it needs a "IS" lip or something.

Posted Image

Dropped the touring off to receive the last of it's M' makeover... Finally :D

Finally got home and got my Bluetooth ULF installed!

Posted Image

Full voice control, which actually works really well, fully synced my phonebook, clear call quality even without the upgraded microphone and it even integrates with the Place of Interest information database in the nav system. Pretty neat! Next step is to see if I can get the SMS to work with it too.

Posted Image

Also got around to changing the crappy grab handle on the centre armrest:

Posted Image

For a slightly less crappy one, still managed to scratch the new one within the first two hours - grrrr!

I replaced my handbrake assembly..old one was about to snap in half, was bent at about 45deg all week so glad that's done, can park on hills again :)

Cleaned up the interior for the first time too

Did some more cutting 'n' welding, and lots of measuring.

and a little bit of just sitting there making engine sounds

Edited by E30-323ti

and a little bit of just sitting there making engine sounds

Get a pic of you in the engine bay doing it... e30 dragon pic

Took the leather seat skins off a parts set of front seats. Testing new colours out before full recolour. Looking for a BMW cinnamon leather swatch to compare to if anyone can help!

just swapped ouy the steering box in my e34 544i , (had play in the output shaft of the steering box)

also did the ali control arms,

what a difference now.

no more shakes at 80-90km , steering feels more direct etc.

in for a wheel alignment tomorrow to just finish it off.

probably up for sale soon to make way for the e34 544i 6spd touring work wagon

post-279-1351494787.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

just swapped ouy the steering box in my e34 544i , (had play in the output shaft of the steering box)

also did the ali control arms,

what a difference now.

no more shakes at 80-90km , steering feels more direct etc.

in for a wheel alignment tomorrow to just finish it off.

probably up for sale soon to make way for the e34 544i 6spd touring work wagon

How did you access the box? Mine is in desperate need of adjusting but there is a head in the way.....

Fineally got my intake system done. Refitted the horns with modified brackets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My phone takes sh*t photos.

Dont those filters slowly disintegrate from the inside and your engine sucks in bits of foam?

How did you access the box? Mine is in desperate need of adjusting but there is a head in the way.....

on a hoist , left engine off the mounts.

unbolt everything and remove it,

swap it for a lower millage spare one.

refit and enjoy :)

also check the wear in the steering knuckle , have seen a fe wof these wear out and go all floppy .

also play in the trackrod joints

That's what I thought. I had my subi set up like that ( fram airhog filter tho) and on a wet day it didnt run too well, must of been sucking in the spray from the car infront.

I went with one of these filters.

post-1183-1351626275.jpg

Edited by BMRBOI

That's what I thought. I had my subi set up like that ( fram airhog filter tho) and on a wet day it didnt run too well, must of been sucking in the spray from the car infront.

Subis just don't like the oiled filters, it slowly kills the AFM (mine was stuffed after the previous owner put a K&N panel filter in. Replaced it with a dry foam pod filter). I don't think BMWs are as delicate, but certainly sucking up water is never good!

Fired up the Broken E30 for the first time in 6 months. 1sec turn of the key, bam started.

even with blown head gasket... :S

Dont those filters slowly disintegrate from the inside and your engine sucks in bits of foam?

First i've heard of it? Was recommended a Simota mushroom when i did the charger.

Subis just don't like the oiled filters, it slowly kills the AFM (mine was stuffed after the previous owner put a K&N panel filter in. Replaced it with a dry foam pod filter). I don't think BMWs are as delicate, but certainly sucking up water is never good!

I've modified the brake duct and fitted a splash guard onto the inside of the bumper, no water getting in there.

In 6 years of owning i think it's seen four or five showers so not overly worried.

took it for a WOF, failed on just the FR ball joint, is it just me or are E30s hard on these? seems like pretty much every E30 I've owned has needed them or tie rods done.

hes letting me through on the trailing arm bushings but he expects they will need to be done for the next WOF. Disk rear end time?? does that need to be certed?

dont think it would need certing. not like anyone would know the difference anyway.