Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

took it for a WOF, failed on just the FR ball joint, is it just me or are E30s hard on these? seems like pretty much every E30 I've owned has needed them or tie rods done.

Dads has only had shocks, rack ends (and a rack of course :rolleyes: ) and control arm bushes in it's 210,000kms.

Must be you :lol:

Dads has only had shocks, rack ends (and a rack of course :rolleyes: ) and control arm bushes in it's 210,000kms.

Must be you :lol:

Mine has had wheel bearing, complete secondhand rack, and there is still a shimmy in the steering. Hopefully be pinpointed when I take it for a WoF next week!

I haven't posted for a while so here are a few updates of my project.

Got the painted bumper fitted today...

Posted Image

and over the past few weeks.........

I got around to installing some Derale radiators for the power steering fluid, engine oil, cooling fan fluid, and transmission fluid.

Posted Image

Also got some new brakes for the front M3 suspension setup. All original Lemforder / ATE parts (might have to wipe a bit of excess caliper grease off)

Posted Image

And just fitted this stage 2 modified quick shift valved body for the 5 speed automatic I recently fitted. (yes I don't like manuals)

Posted Image

Just finishing off the new headers and exhaust then off to finalize the certification.

took it for a WOF, failed on just the FR ball joint, is it just me or are E30s hard on these? seems like pretty much every E30 I've owned has needed them or tie rods done.

hes letting me through on the trailing arm bushings but he expects they will need to be done for the next WOF. Disk rear end time?? does that need to be certed?

ive got a disk rear end if ya wanna buy it? and as far as i know they dont need to be certed as it is a factory fitment kinda thing. if it comes factory then you can fit it. also theres nowhere that says 'this car had drums' so no one would be the wiser

picked the touring up from panel/painters from getting the last of the "M" treatment. Now I Just need to clean and polish the rest of the car so its as shiny... pics to come...

ive got a disk rear end if ya wanna buy it? and as far as i know they dont need to be certed as it is a factory fitment kinda thing. if it comes factory then you can fit it. also theres nowhere that says 'this car had drums' so no one would be the wiser

cool will keep that in mind. its just my daily so ill wait till the car fails on it. not too bothered if i can get to work 3/10ths of a second faster etc

Clutch let go again.... thats the 2nd clutch to let go doing 4th gear wheelies.

Edited by polley

Spent hours crc-ing off tar and clay barring the touring. Still have roof, bonnet and a side to clay bar. My hands hurt...

Started building a 2-speed fan controller(more like switch) for an Electric Fan Conversion...

Tinted the M325i, thanks Car Folie...Then went and gave it a wash too, wheels were disgusting.

Clutch let go again.... thats the 2nd clutch to let go doing 4th gear wheelies.

What clutch and pp setup have you been using?

I haven't posted for a while so here are a few updates of my project.

Got the painted bumper fitted today...

Posted Image

and over the past few weeks.........

I got around to installing some Derale radiators for the power steering fluid, engine oil, cooling fan fluid, and transmission fluid.

Posted Image

Also got some new brakes for the front M3 suspension setup. All original Lemforder / ATE parts (might have to wipe a bit of excess caliper grease off)

Posted Image

And just fitted this stage 2 modified quick shift valved body for the 5 speed automatic I recently fitted. (yes I don't like manuals)

Posted Image

Just finishing off the new headers and exhaust then off to finalize the certification.

looking good .

have you seen these 2

customer of mine

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-528964110.htm

and i think this the parts lot from the write off black coupe from 2 years back

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-530831536.htm

What clutch and pp setup have you been using?

Its a full face disc and I think its a sachs PP, would have to dig out the receipt for it. Was built by waikato brake and clutch.

But I think I found the issue, and its not slipping anymore. Things have returned to normal, beaking the tyres loose in 2nd and 3rd as boost comes on now, B)

Another few hours clay barring the touring. Just have bonnet left now, once i ge all the random paint splotches off it. Has made such a difference! Car is now white, not cream!

Sold the purple E30 pending deposit, now on the hunt for a new car even though I don't need one. I'll keep my eye out and if something is too good to resist, I'll get it :)

Nearly there, just started working on the 4-2-1 headers.

Heres a rough layout to give you an idea of how they will look once welded together etc.

Posted Image

Towing the E30 to it's new home on Saturday... Finally can get some bloody work done!

Got the fuel injectors cleaned today (at Edgell Automotive, North Shore) and replaced the seals. Holy sh*t, what a difference! Acceleration way more responsive but I reckon at least a 2L/100kms improvement on fuel consumption.

Hoping it will sort the cold start/rough idle issue but might have to wait 'til next winter to be sure (and no doubt by then there will be a host of other issues! hah)

Freakin sweet!! Can't wait to see the build thread!

Did some towing....

Posted Image

Posted Image

New home for the Projects...

Posted Image

Next.. towing a 1948 Chevrolet Loadmaster's chassis with an E34.