Sign in to follow this  
aja540i

poor car

BAHAHAHA!

That guy just joined a special little club! Along with the person at work who did $8K of damage to a Hyundai... in the car park.

If you're going to show off, know what you're doing, and don't back out when the fun starts and do all the wrong things!

HAHA Yeah, I almost cried laughing when I seen this.... special kind of awsome

Mistake can happen to anyone.

Hell I remember after a year away from the track, I was doing the corkscrew at hampton and gave it too much jandle in the e30 and tank slapped pretty hard and nearly ended up in the wall. I forgot what it was like to catch snap oversteer with slicks on.

Mmm.
It does seem random as.. Especially at that speed. I tested the M4 on a wet track.. Although I did have the second mode of DSC on.. (sorry my ability to comprehend the new tech is pathetic, but I'd say 'half' DSC was on)

I then tested the M4 on the Skid Pan (albeit controlled environment) with all modes off, and found it brilliant to handle when the back started going out... However I was probably doing maybe a fraction of the speed.

Maybe the rule is don't touch that MDM or whatever it's called mode until you are confident driving that thing around with control at 'Half' Mode (haha)

He had a funny explanation :)

And that it is why I will keep the DSC on until I can afford to replace the M3 / M4 / M5 when driving them. Don't want to be "that guy" who totals one and gets a big bill and a one way trip to the HR office!

It did seem pretty sudden.... poor guy. I think we've all been there, just not with a car like that, and on YouTube.

Yep landed myself into the grass on Hamptons after the tight downhill hairpin in the wet .. kept foot down but hard to recover after the third fish tail lol .. and it was on my first lap haha ......... The shame! Had to get a tow out of the mud. Just happy it was the grass side not the barrier side.

There's a lot of discussion on Facebook etc of this m4.. The guy didn't even countersteer and then sat on the brakes. Apparently only a little cosmetic damage.

"I've been driving AWD Audis for the past few years"

this explains a lot. :)

• Like 1

Yep landed myself into the grass on Hamptons after the tight downhill hairpin in the wet .. kept foot down but hard to recover after the third fish tail lol .. and it was on my first lap haha ......... The shame! Had to get a tow out of the mud. Just happy it was the grass side not the barrier side.

There's a lot of discussion on Facebook etc of this m4.. The guy didn't even countersteer and then sat on the brakes. Apparently only a little cosmetic damage.

If you read his account, he said that he did try and correct it, just not with enough counter steer. Also, after concluding the only way it was ending with his inputs was over the median, he lined it up as square as he could and braked hard to minimise the damage.

I laughed when I saw that. Yet another person with more money than skill.... Should have got a 318d !

Nasty impact on the kerb and coming back down though...... What kinda damage would have that done?

Shocks potentially damaged from the rear dropping back down so hard?

Bent/dented rims?

Bent control arms?

Alignment taken out for sure.. ?

Edited by Michael.

Yet another person with more money than skill.... Should have got a 318d !

Pretty much sums it up.

Lol'd at him saying the rear broke loose violently, looked pretty progressive from the video. I bet he was just fixated on that raised median thinking "oh sh*t oh sh*t" and not looking where he wanted to be going.

Edited by polley
  • Like 2

Pretty much sums it up.

Lol'd at him saying the rear broke loose violently, looked pretty progressive from the video. I bet he was just fixated on that raised median thinking "oh sh*t oh sh*t" and not looking where he wanted to be going.

Seen it happen dozens of times back in the old days. Watched a young guy in his fathers brand new V8 Falcon do pretty much the same thing but ended up hitting a car, a park bench and a wall. On Queen Street doing maybe 20-30kph. Going back like 15 years though haha.

Seen it happen dozens of times back in the old days. Watched a young guy in his fathers brand new V8 Falcon do pretty much the same thing but ended up hitting a car, a park bench and a wall. On Queen Street doing maybe 20-30kph. Going back like 15 years though haha.

Haha, always good for a laugh.

Lol at excuses.

f**ked if I'd want my old driving heroics all over youtube but...

• Like 3

Hmm, I wonder if this would happen if he had the traditional LSD rather than this "Active M" thing...

• Like 1