Apex

Quick rant thread.

Spark telecomunications who when I ring them to say I'm only getting 0.27mbps tell me that they are delivering 7.5mbps to my modem.

After more descusion they say that the exchange is too old and is being overloaded by the ammount of users. I tell them I live in the country and theres no more users now than there was before. And that if all my 5 neighbours who run through that exchange were all using our internet at the same time I should still get a better download speed than 0.27mbps. Here comes the good bit. The mother F*&^&*% tells me that I shouldn't use my internet during thier peak hours. So anytime before 3pm and after 11pm is ok.. WHAT THE F*&K.

As M5VV8 said these are very old DSLAMs called Conklins. Users share the equivalent of a single ADSL connection's bandwidth so at peak times or basically when anyone else who is on that DSLAM is using the net, you have an unusable service.

There's a rollout initiative by major vendors (mainly chorus of course) to have rural broadband upgraded within the next 10 years (started in 2013). Ten damn years for a usable service. :/

• Like 1

FKNG AUCKLAND RUBBER NECKERS

• Like 1

FKNG AUCKLAND

fixed

;)

• Like 5

Sure there are lots of a-holes but being a proper city is better than being Wellington North!!

• Like 1

Posted Image

Quick rant eh? I dislike that little triangular bit between the two wiper blades that can't get to. I bought longer blades so the triangle is smaller but couldn't get rid of it completely. Why can't they make those mad looking single blade mechanism on the 90's Merc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I did say "mad looking".

Seen some similar one on the e60 and older Peugeot have that mechanism that make the blade reach out a bit while wiping. Just thought they are quite a cool way to rid of the little triangle.

It's not a triangle, it's a shark's fin - makes it way cooler!

• Like 3

bc970dc35be98d2dc3751100c4439994.jpg

Quick rant eh? I dislike that little triangular bit between the two wiper blades that can't get to. I bought longer blades so the triangle is smaller but couldn't get rid of it completely. Why can't they make those mad looking single blade mechanism on the 90's Merc?

3 Series Life. Should have got a 5 Series. Doesn't happen on my E60.

3 Series Life.  Should have got a 5 Series.  Doesn't happen on my E60.

I hate that e 60 wipers are lhd setup

Guest MP0wer

Spark/Telecon Internet. No Internet at night, disconnects every 15 sec..

• Like 1

I did say "mad looking". �Seen some similar one on the e60 and older Peugeot have that mechanism that make the blade reach out a bit while wiping. Just thought they are quite a cool way to rid of the little triangle. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2015 Toyota Yaris has a single blade as well. Seems to work awesome on the gfs work car.

I hate that e 60 wipers are lhd setup

Saves money on having to find RHD wiper blades like on Mercs.

not sure about other mono-wiper cars, but it was a very good system on the 190E, the wiper moved on runners in the shaft and telescoped moving in an M shape as it crossed the window, a better wipe than a conventional two wiper system.

E38 and E39 are "backwards" as well

The E60 does cover more of the screen than a conventional set up. But does miss that bit in the top right quite bad.

Seems to chew through the blades a little faster though.

E39 wipers are great!

I get sick, sitting in little Jap car passenger seat with one eye looking out the cleared windscreen and one eye out the wet bit - some of them are REALLY bad!

E39 is clear for both eyes, regardless of the side I sit on!

Our VW Touran is even better - BOTH wiper pivot on the outside, so the wet triangle is behind the rear view mirror!

• Like 1

not sure about other mono-wiper cars, but it was a very good system on the 190E, the wiper moved on runners in the shaft and telescoped moving in an M shape as it crossed the window, a better wipe than a conventional two wiper system.

E38 and E39 are "backwards" as well

This.

Loved the wiper on my 190, when i got the E39 i really missed it. Now i have it back in the S124 and loving it again :D It's quite cool to watch it work.

Have taken both units apart for service as they need repacked with grease after 20 years before the gear strips out.

Try Glass Science cleaners, you can get them at Repco. The Spray is great. I love the stuff, don't even need wipers a lot of the time.

I hate dirty widescreen... To the extent I refuse to drive some peoples cars, especially at night when the inside of their screen is filthy.

• Like 2

Try Glass Science cleaners, you can get them at Repco. The Spray is great. I love the stuff, don't even need wipers a lot of the time.

I hate dirty widescreen... To the extent I refuse to drive some peoples cars, especially at night when the inside of their screen is filthy.

Some years ago we drove from the UK to France for a 2-week holiday. As we got on the ferry, the wipers on the Audi packed up.

Bought some Rain-X, cleaned the screen and didn't need to use the wipers for the entire holiday, despite several downpours. That stuff really works. Is Glass Science stuff similar?

I've used rain-x for years. Great stuff. Started using it in the visor of my helmet. It stopped fogging on the inside and the rain just peeled off the outside. Started using it on my cars and like Graham said, you barely have to use the wipers.

Used it to daw a <==B on my work mates windscreen at work so he'd come out every morning and there would be condensation all over the car except for right in the drivers view where there was a huge penis and balls. He thought someone was drawing it on every morning till he started night shifts and there it was in the work car park as well.

It lasted for months.. Even frost wouldn't settle on it. Really funny thing was he recently traded that car in so I confessed to him that it was me. His wife thought it was hilarious cause he had ranted and raved at home about the as-hole who was drawing it on every morning.. THen we had a good chuckle about the poor car yard owner who'd be greeted at work every morning by the sight of a huge penis on the windscreen of one of the car in his lot..

• Like 7

Some years ago we drove from the UK to France for a 2-week holiday. As we got on the ferry, the wipers on the Audi packed up.

Bought some Rain-X, cleaned the screen and didn't need to use the wipers for the entire holiday, despite several downpours. That stuff really works. Is Glass Science stuff similar?

Its similar.

I just get my screen really clean and them use the spray with every wash, its easy as to use and a bottle lasts a couple of years.

Similar experience to you, I race a lot in the rain and my sprayers don't work so I tend not to use my wipers unless I really have to.

While I'm ranting.

I hate the white on black text in this forum, my eyes struggle to see mistakes.... and there are always a lot!

• Like 2

It looks nice though, not complaining. I wonder if you can change it in settings??

Or type in Word and Cut and Paste.