Apex

Quick rant thread.

Ha I install the equviliant to hrv systems on occasion, seem to work well but each house is different.

Also I do monitoring devices that use the radio network so no land line. Send me a pm if you want to know more and I'll see what I can sort for ya

They ain't a patch on a 16kw ducted heatpump, but that doesn't seem to put them off ha.

Are the monitoring devices compatible with existing alarm systems? Could be keen if they are.

They ain't a patch on a 16kw ducted heatpump, but that doesn't seem to put them off ha.

Are the monitoring devices compatible with existing alarm systems? Could be keen if they are.

If you want to go high tech you could look into upgrading the existing alarm to one that can be monitored over the Internet. Leaves a lot more options for monitoring, even allowing you to monitor it yourself, and can let you know what sensor went off etc. even better, add cctv for the ultimate. All at a price, but getting pretty reasonable these days.

If you want to go high tech you could look into upgrading the existing alarm to one that can be monitored over the Internet. Leaves a lot more options for monitoring, even allowing you to monitor it yourself, and can let you know what sensor went off etc. even better, add cctv for the ultimate. All at a price, but getting pretty reasonable these days.

Who do you recommend for this? I know a business owner that is currently getting advice on this and I don't trust the advice given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who do you recommend for this? I know a business owner that is currently getting advice on this and I don't trust the advice given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I can't recommend anyone, I am a systems engineer by trade, but we don't work with the public. I have been looking into diy solutions myself, so can't really comment on commercial solutions. Heaps of potential with a lot of alarm brands but I have no idea who would stock what, or be able to set them up.

I'm just going off my own goal for a setup, which is just internet based alarm and cctv system. Definitely a future proof solution.

Sorry I can't recommend anyone, I am a systems engineer by trade, but we don't work with the public. I have been looking into diy solutions myself, so can't really comment on commercial solutions. Heaps of potential with a lot of alarm brands but I have no idea who would stock what, or be able to set them up.

I'm just going off my own goal for a setup, which is just internet based alarm and cctv system. Definitely a future proof solution.

oh rats!

internet alarm that streams to an online portal (accessible on iPhone) is what the business owner wants - i see $$$ of data !!!!

We do all the above stuff. Either self monitored thru the app/internet or can be monitored by a station aswell. And yes westy works on any existing alarm system, where the phone line wires into the alarm unit, that goes to our unit instead, eliminating the need for a phone line. Can also use it to wire other inputs in and outputs that you can turn on/off by text message. Will have to find out what companies use it up there tho

Women vs Men. Why can't we just deal with situations on the same level.

Wanted. A fit women who is available for dinner, wine, and sex one or two nights a week with no commitments, drama or false hopes... From a guys point of view, the romance is in the time I don't see the person, so once or twice a week builds romance.

Not upset, just annoyed that I now have to go through the whole process again, its exhausting being nice and having to remember things, i.e., small dogs name, small child's name, other facts. haha

It always turns out this way...

Spotted one for you today. Good looking blonde driving a newer Megane Turbo.

• Like 2

Playing outdoor netball on the North Shore for 40 minutes in this terrible weather. Going to be a cold one - why do we do this to ourselves? Brrrr

It's raining so we must all drive at 85, and turn our outside air off with fogged up windows

• Like 1

having a convertible in winter.

• Like 1

Wet weather tail gaters. They should loose their licence for such insane driving!

• Like 1

people who cycle or walk at dusk in completely dark clothing they dont realise how hard they are to see!And again people who drive in the same conditions with no lights on

• Like 1

having a convertible in winter.

Hard top...best of both worlds.

people who cycle or walk at dusk in completely dark clothing they dont realise how hard they are to see!And again people who drive in the same conditions with no lights on

yep...

and people who drive with park lights on... doesn't help the front end visibility at all!

I once nearly hit a chick while she was walking. She was on the side of our country road, on the inside of a blind sharp corner. wearing a black top with a white stripe up one side... I swear she looked like the roadside.

I didn't see her until she jumped into the drain :lol:

• Like 1

People that say Japanese cars are boring and don't have soul.

Most Japanese cars are boring and don't have soul.

Especially new ones.

• Like 6

Those annoying oil changes when the damn filter won't come off..

post-2139-0-74106100-1432428017_thumb.jp

Most Japanese cars are boring and don't have soul.

Especially new ones.

Most European cars are also boring. X1, rubbish, Q5, rubbish, dull as an CR-V or RAV4.

All manufactures have a few good cars here and there, but the majority are there to make sales like the above.

Edited by Michael.
  • Like 1

It would be better to name the Jap cars that are not dull that are still made.

Evo

Wrx

GTR

LFA

FT86 (painfully slow)

That's all I can think of. And the base models of the Evo and Wrx are dull.

All the Jap cars that I loved before finding the light are no longer made.

• Like 1

Hard top...best of both worlds.

i have $3k for the first person that finds me a hard top and all the bits to make it work.

they just seem to be unobtanium here.

BMW M5 E39 in red (http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=Awsum5)

Being fueled up with 91 petrol.... as far as I could see and I'm pretty sure it had audible engine knocking / timing retardation on start up and accelerating out of the gas station.

I couldn't live with myself putting 91 in my M car.. I mean heck..I don't even put it in my v6 odyssey DD. Even the lawn mower gets 95 haha.

• Like 1

yep...

and people who drive with park lights on... doesn't help the front end visibility at all!

I once nearly hit a chick while she was walking. She was on the side of our country road, on the inside of a blind sharp corner. wearing a black top with a white stripe up one side... I swear she looked like the roadside.

I didn't see her until she jumped into the drain :lol:

same...raining and dark,sodium street lamps(the yellow ones) one of the flashing pedestrian lights was out,the woman must have walked quickly straight of the footpath,only saw her at the last minute,dressed completely in dark colours incl a hood only saw her face and hands!

only saw her face and hands!

thank goodness you werent on my street or you wouldnt have even seen that!

• Like 1

BMW M5 E39 in red (http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=Awsum5)

Being fueled up with 91 petrol.... as far as I could see and I'm pretty sure it had audible engine knocking / timing retardation on start up and accelerating out of the gas station.

SA models were able to run on 91 RON. All other markets required 95 - 98RON.