Apex

Quick rant thread.

dont let her have a 1,5 swift then

She hates them more than I do.

• Like 1

Being quoted $938 for a set of H&R lowering springs when I can get the same set from America for $418.90nzd plus about $70 for gst and another $80 for postage. Saves me about $370.

Where's the incentive to buy locally. This is getting beyond ridiculous and bordering on insulting.

• Like 3

Last time it was $140 for a plastic thermostat cover. I ended up getting a thermostat and aluminium cover for $45 delivered from USA.

If I can get the springs delievered to my door from the US for about $570 I honestly wouldn't mind paying up to $600 if I could get them from a local firm. But $938 is extortion on a grand scale.

Local businesses need to wake up to what's on offer internationally. This is a case of a sale with a smaller mark up vrs no sale at all.

Not much call for 740i lowering springs though, aye.

Buy a Civic and you'll get all the deals. Yeeeeeaaa boiiiiiiii!

I have left instructions that state if I ever buy a Civic I should be humanely put down on the spot as I'll obviously be suffering from some virulent form of mad cow disease. :drugs: :puke:

It's not just about the 7 Series though. And it's not just lowering springs. And even if it was why should it cost $370 more just cause we're in NZ. Which then forces me to shop overseas.

It's crazy.

• Like 1

H&R NZ have staff to pay, a building to pay for, and you will find their buying power is weak vs US companies.

Its commerce.

Try KW suspension, they are compatible to US costings and a great product. A set of V3's would make it go around corners!

• Like 1

When people list a 7k car and the excuse is "selling to buy first home". Where? Invercargill?

Also, when people use the excuse "wife is making me sell it" . Be a man for f**k sake.

• Like 6

Local businesses need to wake up to what's on offer internationally. This is a case of a sale with a smaller mark up vrs no sale at all.

I've been looking for suspension for my Merc. I can buy a set of Koni Str.T shocks and H&R springs, shipped from Germany, tax paid, for less than a local supplier can buy them in.

The issue is economy of scale. Dealers here will buy from wholesalers in Germany or the US. If we want something even slightly unusual, it'll be a special order, possibly part of a $10k order placed every 2 or 3 months. There are wholesalers in Europe and the US buying up to $100k of parts per week... The discounts go to the big buyers, not to us in NZ.

Try KW suspension, they are compatible to US costings and a great product. A set of V3's would make it go around corners!

I'm very seriously considering this. KW shocks, Vogtland springs. Good kit but not something I'd considered (being bred on a diet of Koni, Bilstein, Leda and so on). Price is agreeable and being supplied locally, any issues are dealt with locally.

• Like 1

As per one of the photos, the SMG clutch was replaced by Jerry Clayton at 37,000km. Better to purchase an M5 that has had this work completed with all the SMG updates applied.

Guy is selling a 2005 BMW M5 with 111,000km on the clock.

I wonder if it had new tyres back then too... would be great to know what other wear items were replaced 75,000km ago...

Also. People who say "dealer service history" and you look and it was last updated in 2001... thats 14 years ago mother f**kers!!

• Like 3

Its great fun trying to buy a second hand car, have not had to do that for a long time.. life is hard.

Starting to regret selling my business, there are some perks to being self employed, buying new brand new cars is a massive one as you can write off depreciation against income and claim GST on payments, service, fuel etc.

Back to a scummy old car for me.. but no payments will be nice, an extra few hundred dollars every month to spend on fixing an old car.

• Like 1

dealing with sellers is almost as bad as dealing with buyers at times :(

Edited by KwS

Don't get me wrong, I am normally the guy selling the car at 100,000km, and buyers car be a pain in the arse.

I literally told one guy to f**k off out of my garage and go to the nearest "new car" dealership if he wants a brand new car after he started pointing out small blemishes on a car that was 4 years old and one third the cost of a new one.

Its like hear you go, have my car I have lost $40,000 and cleaned every weekend for the past 4 years, I am sorry I didn't save it for you, perhaps I shouldn't have driven it and brought some seat covers for the times I just sat in and had a cry wank waiting to sell it to you for next to nothing... oh, and BTW, yes, I did do its 100,000km cam belt service for you, that cost me $2,400... can I throw in a box of beer and a reach around, maybe I could service your less than satisfied looking wife while we are at it.

So im not being a pedantic buyer, its just frustrating dealing with a lot of these "second owners" who are trying to fob off sh*t they have not spent a dollar on other than some M badges and fake carbon fibre.

Oh. Did I mention I am looking at a carrier in car sales??

Can I interest you in a mocha-chino sir?

• Like 3

^ I'd like a mocha thanks :-)

• Like 1

Have you considered the new Kia Rio?? Comes with Supercharger mount and free bottle of water in boot... will throw in a cold drink for the drive home.

• Like 9

Have you considered the new Kia Rio?? Comes with Supercharger mount and free bottle of water in boot... will throw in a cold drink for the drive home.

I'm confused. Are you in South Auckland or Iran?

I took my car off the market after 3 idiots wasted hours and hours of my time having a 28 year old car checked for problems. Then picking at everything I had already told them about, and then trying to offer me over a 3rd less than what I was asking after already dropping the price for them.

I find with these sort of cars you need to just keep the sale on the down low. Avoid trademe at all costs.

• Like 1

^ Got a car sold on Autotrader. took 4 times as long though. Still have one car on it.

Goddamn Germans and their single track minds. I now have to disappoint a customer by saying I can't deliver because the Germans don't want to supply.

Edited by The Juggernaut

Getting my tonsils out, looking at them in the jar thinking how much they look like mussels.....

..... The hospital lunch was mussel fritters :wacko:

I don't like mussels :mellow:

• Like 5

people who ask on trademe "whats your reason for selling?"

firstly, its none of your business why im selling it

secondly, what do you expect to hear? "im selling it because theres a problem with it but im trying to rip you off so ill just say i got it as a gift so no warranty implied"

i mean if you ask anyone that, they will say because i dont need it anymore, upgraded, etc etc how does that help in your decision making in making the purchase? i dont get it..

• Like 3

that dipshit with the "open letter" now moderating posts. pussy. Cant handle the jandle.

• Like 1

That this thread has nearly twice the posts of the 'Life is choice' thread :(

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

And that by pointing it out I only exacerbate the situation.

• Like 6

that dipshit with the "open letter" now moderating posts. pussy. Cant handle the jandle.

Good read before bed though, might change my name though...

• Like 5

Hdmi over cat6. I hate technology.

• Like 1