Apex

Quick rant thread.

this is when the new automatic self parking 7 series would come in handy..

To be fair, for an out of towner, some of the Auckland on/off ramps are very poorly signposted, and are setup unlike anywhere else in the country.

I have no real shame in saying when i have driven in auckland i have started to turn into the wrong direction of traffic before, (luckily) working it out in time. Happened on friday last week when i was driving around.

I get this about once every 6 months or so at princes street off ramp. That and people thinking the over bridge is one way to the on ramp and start to queue in the oncoming lane. That always leads to some entertaining stare down competitions followed by a long reverse of shame..

• Like 1

Unless you commonly exit the motorway by performing a 180 degree handbrake turn into oncoming traffic or vaulting a 1m high concrete barrier, this on ramp would be near impossible to join the wrong way.

When you run out of compartments in component trays for capacitors.

I mean putting a 10v 180uf cap in with 25v 180uf caps is so damn annoying.

• Like 3

co worker being an insufferable git. retire on disability for f**ks sake. If you can't handle the f**king job, shut up and leave.

• Like 9

Stupid motherfluffas who take their motherfluffing time to take off when a light turns from red to green and a whole line of cars has to beep at em to get their attention. People who slow down to unfluffingbelievably slow speeds to take a corner that can easily be taken at 50kph. People on 50cc mopeds who cant accelerate up a hill because the bikes power output is not suited to their body type. Mongoose alarms POS i tell ya. Suckers who think they have the Godgiven right to be superior to others because they read a lot of books but really have no real world experience. People who stereotype BMW drivers as poncey gits. Racial discrimination. Social discrimination. Sexism. Wars over oil. The list goes on.

• Like 2

post-51309-0-43154800-1431509299.png

• Like 1

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif fluff.png

Helena. Shut it missy. Hahaha I will show you fluffy hahaha

having a bad day sj? 

Got the man flu Kyu. Makes me rant hahahaha

Just sayin.... if it can happen to me who drives for a job, usually 1500km or more a week, its not surprising others can do it. sure gave me a bit of a freight, and makes ya feel stupid!

But if sharing this helps change something then i have no problem in saying it.

It's pretty hard to avoid (edit: seeing) the massive red "WRONG WAY!" signs though...

Its too late to have a sign at that point. fix the intersection and it wouldnt be needed.

Unless you commonly exit the motorway by performing a 180 degree handbrake turn into oncoming traffic or vaulting a 1m high concrete barrier, this on ramp would be near impossible to join the wrong way.

well obviously coming off the motorway you cant screw up. but turning onto the motorway, some of the Auckland ones are very poorly signposted

it will sounds silly to you guys, because you are used to it, but they are set up different to elsewhere in the country, as you will know sometimes on and off ramps often 1km or more apart.

I get this about once every 6 months or so at princes street off ramp. That and people thinking the over bridge is one way to the on ramp and start to queue in the oncoming lane. That always leads to some entertaining stare down competitions followed by a long reverse of shame..

i think that is in onehunga? im not great on auckland suburbs yet, learning now i am coming up more and more often. if so, could have been the one.

Edit: my fricken GPS always puts me in the wrong lane when on north shore, heading south onto the bridge, and then very quick after the bridge no time to change lanes into the other off ramps or keep going etc again, out of AKL driver, max i am used to is 3 lanes, soon to be 4 lanes, but wellington motorways much easier lol

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

The human body. Mine is failing me.

My hip is stuffed, my back is stuffed and my noes hair is growing at an exponential rate whilst the hair on my head is starting to thin. And I am only 33.

Also. Auckland house prices. I am not sure I can afford to buy my own house of my EX wife as it had doubled in value in the last 5 years... and if I can't I can not afford to buy another house... and rent is crazy! I have always liked Tauranga.

• Like 7

The human body. Mine is failing me.

My hip is stuffed, my back is stuffed and my noes hair is growing at an exponential rate whilst the hair on my head is starting to thin. And I am only 33.

Also. Auckland house prices. I am not sure I can afford to buy my own house of my EX wife as it had doubled in value in the last 5 years... and if I can't I can not afford to buy another house... and rent is crazy! I have always liked Tauranga.

You can buy a mean pad for West Auckland dump, complete with flowery 70's carpets money in the Tron!

You can buy a mean pad for West Auckland dump, complete with flowery 70's carpets money in the Tron!

Travelling 150 Kms each way for work is a bit much sir. When (if ever) high speed rail networks come to NZ, that is when you will find smaller towns along the way will get more valuable,

People who travel at 90kms along the highway when you have no oportunity to overtake them then speed up to 105kms on the passing lane. OMG. come on people.

• Like 5

Hangovers at work.

• Like 1

i think that is in onehunga? im not great on auckland suburbs yet, learning now i am coming up more and more often. if so, could have been the one.

Its Otahuhu, close but not quite. Otahuhu has its own driving rules based on the prinicpals of driving as slow as possible with minimal acceleration so that when you stop suddenly to perform a random 48 point turn in peak traffic the person behind will hit you at a slower speed. Safer for everyone really...

Its Otahuhu, close but not quite. Otahuhu has its own driving rules based on the prinicpals of driving as slow as possible with minimal acceleration so that when you stop suddenly to perform a random 48 point turn in peak traffic the person behind will hit you at a slower speed. Safer for everyone really...

Thought it was so the bucket of KFC wouldn't fall off its precarious perch in the dash of the Toyota Enima / Nissan Elgrand / Honda Odessy, spilling the over sized Pepsi Max into the lap of the marine mammal wedged between the steering wheel and the tail gate, whose trying to text while choking on a chicken wing.......

• Like 8

car salesmen that see 24 y/o female and think 'prepare verbal diarrhoea'

....hope smokey joe enjoyed being schooled in bimmers this afternoon XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

People who travel at 90kms along the highway when you have no oportunity to overtake them then speed up to 105kms on the passing lane. OMG. come on people.

As you approach passing lane select appropriate gear and put on rh indicator,pass them instantly at high rate of acceleration,before they register the widening road
  • Like 5

Women vs Men. Why can't we just deal with situations on the same level.

Wanted. A fit women who is available for dinner, wine, and sex one or two nights a week with no commitments, drama or false hopes... From a guys point of view, the romance is in the time I don't see the person, so once or twice a week builds romance.

Not upset, just annoyed that I now have to go through the whole process again, its exhausting being nice and having to remember things, i.e., small dogs name, small child's name, other facts. haha

It always turns out this way...

• Like 2

^ ? Still looking for a cheap runabout for the 'missus' then?

• Like 2

looking for a cheap runabout 'missus' then

Fixed

• Like 3