Apex

Quick rant thread.

dont upgrade to windows 10.... yet

leave it at 7. its still the best microsoft OS

always turn off automatic updates if you havent already. windows updates are basically a waste of time and internet data.

Could these two be related? All Microsoft products are buggy as sh*t and full of security holes without updates. Yeah some are a waste, but many are important fixes to gaping holes or bugs.

Oh and my rave: Air gapped networks. Who knew running a network without any connection to the internet could be so painful!

Edited by huff3r

you can choose to do the update or not, so turn it off so it doesnt do it automatically at its own will and time.

Keyless starting...

Especially when the driver hops out of the car with engine still running...

Why do you have a data cap you noob? Ring your telco and tell them you are going to can them and move to another company that has no cap for cheaper. Then they'll just match whatever you can find online. It's pretty sh*t house that they don't give you a courtesy call asking if you want to upgrade. My girlfriends parents were paying $12x a month for 10 gigs until about a month ago.

Cause all I get is this crappy 3gig a month mobile broadband shite. No alternatives. And yeah updates are now off. Not that this was an update. Doesn't help much now though.

30cac60c5c2f8f5a8d16fb7ba00342d3.jpg This c**ksmoker who tailgated me all the way up Wellington Street, then sat on his horn when I didn't take off at the lights in under a millisecond. I slowed down to p*ss him off so he overtakes me on the motorway overpass then does a cop style blocking manoeuvre just so he can jump out of his cheap truck to eff and blind at me in his f*cking stubbies. My six year old was in the back crying. What a c*nt. Plus he was about 60. I'm not a violent man but driving in Auckland could change that. EDIT: had a good laugh when he missed the filter light on Pitt Street because a fattie was crossing too slowly.

You can find his home address via his plate at the post office (or at least you used to be able too). Drop round with a nicely typed letter pop it under the wiper on the vehicle that looks most like his wife's, if hes as much of an ass-hat at home as obviously is on the road his wife will be punishment enough!

Works a treat my wife did it once then meet the wife a few years later through work almost felt sorry for the verbal bashing she gave him.

As Michael said highlights how sh*t some peoples lives must be.

• Like 2

SUV dickhead parking x 2.

SUVDicks.jpg

hardly any worse than half the cars across the lane

its still the best microsoft OS

you are probably right, but thats like saying a lexus is the best toyota, its still an inferior product

LInux and Apple are both superior OSs imo

The biggest problem with Windows in my opinion (and Android to a certain extent too) is it try's to be an all new product each time, desktop totally different on each version, buttons moved from one place to another etc

I know my way around it now of course, but working in an IT company naturally I would, but we arent even in the typical market of PC servicing for customers, but have had a good dozen or more customers asking us to roll thier new 8 laptop back to 7. i have no doubt that reflects in the sales of main street PC repair shops.

I guess in the case of both Microsoft and Android they need a one size fits all for a variety of manufacturers, so honing it to suit a particular hardware brand or model isnt possible.

On the other hand, jump into the seat behind an Apple from the 80s and then one from 2015, its all familiar, looks the same, same way to access stuff for 25 years, anid pulls the most out of the specs. an Apple with half the specs still out performs a windows machine (which is why non-apple people think apple is expencive because they base on thier experience with xxx specs on a windows machine)

iOS not quite to the same extent, its essentially the same in menu, home screen, etc.

I would put take a gamble putting money on Microsoft being a company of the past within the next 10-15 years.

The only reason its still alive is becuase its the standard in the business world.

To give 10 its beans though, it will be the next Corporate OS most likely, so it should be fairly well designed with no wierd new stuff, microsoft usually use the offside OSs for thier tests ie 98/2000, Vista, 8, etc as a basis to build thier next corporate OS on which is probably in the 90% or so of thier customer base

• Like 2

Microsoft always has the upper hand in the corporate world. Windows 10 sits sort of in between 8 and 7, it's alot easier to use and I can definitely see it taking off, probably a while before any companies decide to move their desktops / laptops to Windows 10, but some of the Cloud based offerings from Microsoft (Office 365 / Azure) are a pretty strong contender for flexibility and mobility, which is what the world has changed to these days.

If you look at their entire offerings, they are pretty much the base of all infrastructure (Windows Server, SQL Server, System Center Suite, Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business etc etc),

It's just what every knows

• Like 1

Can't see ios being any good in a corporate environment unless all you're doing is checking emails and internet.

• Like 1

Microsoft always has the upper hand in the corporate world. Windows 10 sits sort of in between 8 and 7, it's alot easier to use and I can definitely see it taking off, probably a while before any companies decide to move their desktops / laptops to Windows 10, but some of the Cloud based offerings from Microsoft (Office 365 / Azure) are a pretty strong contender for flexibility and mobility, which is what the world has changed to these days.

If you look at their entire offerings, they are pretty much the base of all infrastructure (Windows Server, SQL Server, System Center Suite, Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business etc etc),

It's just what every knows

Don't forget Sharepoint, lots of companies moving to that for web/network based storage and collaborative computing. Amazing what can be done with it. And the support due to there being so many users is pretty phenomenal, chances are someone else has done anything you are trying to do before.

Personally I prefer to stay away from IOS unless you are talking Cisco IOS :ph34r:

Can't see ios being any good in a corporate environment unless all you're doing is checking emails and internet.

From what i have seen, for the most part all cellphones and tablets arent integrated into a corporates IT system, mainly because of the turn over.

There are only two entities i know of that have employed them through out the organisation, both using iOS

for the most part its BYOD for managers devices, though in many cases they arent allowed to connect to the corporate network

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

for the most part all cellphones and tablets arent integrated into a corporates IT system, mainly because of the turn over.

There are only two entities i know of that have employed them through out the organisation, both using iOS

for the most part its BYOD for managers devices, though in many cases they arent allowed to connect to the corporate network

Sorry I meant Apple os or what ever it is that they run on desktops and Mac books etc

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

for the most part all cellphones and tablets arent integrated into a corporates IT system, mainly because of the turn over.

Cisco has some neat solutions for that. That will work with Windows, Android, and maybe IOS? Can't remember. Definitely easy to implement, most people just don't know they can.

Sorry I meant Apple os or what ever it is that they run on desktops and Mac books etc

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

OS-X

Cisco has some neat solutions for that. That will work with Windows, Android, and maybe IOS? Can't remember. Definitely easy to implement, most people just don't know they can.

Cost is the biggest prohibitor.

One of my clients, which many of you guys including myself is a customer of, is still using a system based on Win95. Why upgade or "reinvent the wheel" so to speak when it works perfectly as it is

osx and ios is a lot more fluid and smooth to use IMO. And there is clearly no big suprises from one version to the next. anyone who used osx lion can use yosemite.

i think w7 is still the 'best' windows currently for the general user. I actually really like w8 and how well it automatically gets the drivers (osx doesnt have this issue... stupid microsoft!) but w8 has some issues that most people dont like. such as the lacking start button, which is easily fixed with a simple software patch, and just a few other niggles

i think w10 will be great but still needs a lot of time before its fully useable without issues imo

• Like 1

yup of course there will always be the people that vote on each camp, the facts are,

for the home user, or small business, Apple has got to be the way.

for medium to large business needing server back bone, Windows is your only option.

For the record, i dont particularly like iOS, the new Music app in the latest update is a total and utter ballsup.

but i see it as the lesser of two evils.

Gpo's, wsus, automatic client backups etc, wds, makes win server worth it for even small business imo. I'm now running all our main apps as remote apps now so they can be accessed from anywhere, especially useful for accounting / job management software we use

Gpo's, wsus, automatic client backups etc, wds, makes win server worth it for even small business imo. I'm now running all our main apps as remote apps now so they can be accessed from anywhere, especially useful for accounting / job management software we use

yeah you could be right there. I use cloud based stuff on month to month type rental, so higher threshold before i would start to consider bringing stuff "in house".

This thread is starting to sound like Silicon Valley and that show stopped being funny very quickly too.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 3

People who write 'following' on facebook posts. I don't want to have to sift through all those to find out the answer to my question. Use the 'turn on notifications' option. You are wasting e-paper.

• Like 3

F*cking Auckland Airport. I hate how useless you are.

• Like 1

Seeing gang memorabilia all over evening programmes. It is not glamorous - new levels of shitness in NZ TV

Seeing gang memorabilia all over evening programmes. It is not glamorous - new levels of shitness in NZ TV

If you're refering to "Sunday" I think it was a good story about 2 men who where able to drag themselves out of the gang life. One a gang member who was able to make a positive change in his life and the other someone who was born into and raised in the gang enviroment and despite it was able to get an education and start a award winning bussiness.

Not glamorous as you say but definitely something positive.

• Like 1