Apex

Quick rant thread.

Tradies driving these huge modern utes.

No car can corner faster, accelerate faster or stop faster.

• Like 1

Got told off by the Police this morning for moving road cones at road works.

Two weeks ago they dig up a trench about 50 meters long in one of the main roads leading into Wanganui and finished laying pipe. Then back filled and topped off with that fine shell rock. Since then nothing has been done except the put road cones out to direct traffic flow to drive over their roadworks to compact it. FFS, there are machines for this.

It's been bugging me having to drive over it anyway but after the work I've done grooming the 740i in the last week I get down there this morning and they've put another layer of that fine shellrock down and the soaked it in water so it's a friggin mess. I could see the cars in front spraying it everywhere off its tires.

So off to the left there's a section of road wide enough for a truck to drive on thats clear of their dirty work except they put their road cones on it to force traffic out into the middle.

I get out and move the road markers to clear this bit of road and when I turn around to go back to my car there's the Police waiting for me. They made me put them back.

I elected to turn around and take the motorway bridge and drive down the other side of the river then cross back over the Dublin st bridge to the side I needed to be on.

Why should we be forced to drive our cars over their roadworks to compact the ground cause they're to cheap to use the proper machinery????

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 6

^^^ roadworks should have a set time frame that need to be completed in with penalties for missing like a normal contract, lazy f**ks leave sh*t everywhere and expect a couple of cones to signal it'll be all right, constantly pisses me off.

Good on you, go down tonight and throw all the cones in a ditch.

usually theres about 20 men at a roadworks site. but maybe 5 dudes working and the rest are having a ciggy or cup of tea and chating.

so productive.

usually theres about 20 men at a roadworks site. but maybe 5 dudes working and the rest are having a ciggy or cup of tea and chating.

so productive

Usually the only two men or women doing anything is the lolly pop people

Got told off by the Police this morning for moving road cones at road works.

Two weeks ago they dig up a trench about 50 meters long in one of the main roads leading into Wanganui and finished laying pipe. Then back filled and topped off with that fine shell rock. Since then nothing has been done except the put road cones out to direct traffic flow to drive over their roadworks to compact it. FFS, there are machines for this.

It's been bugging me having to drive over it anyway but after the work I've done grooming the 740i in the last week I get down there this morning and they've put another layer of that fine shellrock down and the soaked it in water so it's a friggin mess. I could see the cars in front spraying it everywhere off its tires.

So off to the left there's a section of road wide enough for a truck to drive on thats clear of their dirty work except they put their road cones on it to force traffic out into the middle.

I get out and move the road markers to clear this bit of road and when I turn around to go back to my car there's the Police waiting for me. They made me put them back.

I elected to turn around and take the motorway bridge and drive down the other side of the river then cross back over the Dublin st bridge to the side I needed to be on.

Why should we be forced to drive our cars over their roadworks to compact the ground cause they're to cheap to use the proper machinery????

Welcome to our world, we have that all the time in summer when they chip seal the roads,

On one stretch of road they do an few places, we have to compact it for the next 3 days

and in 14 days they are back and they do the next places, and we are back to 30 km for the next 3 days.

Bring back the ministry of works,in and out in one day, all compacted, swept and road marking

• Like 1

I turn around to go back to my car there's the Police waiting for me. They made me put them back.

What were they going to DO, if you didn't put them back?

I'd have gone back by now ;)

They put roadcones in the CENTRE of a cycle lane I ride home on, that's only just barely as wide as my handle bars... so you have to ride into the 80km/h traffic... to avoid a patch of gravel, that's smaller than the pootholes in the cycle lane...

I just throw them into the mangroves as I pass them, and continue on the cycle lane :lol:

20750061476_12cb18dfe3.jpg

3 things I hate today:

1. ^That bolt.
  2. The magnet that dropped it, when I NEARLY had it out.
  3. Where ever the f**k its stuck now
  • Like 1

Old people who start a conversation with "I'm not a racist, but...." and then say a bunch of racist stuff.

• Like 3

Old people who start a conversation with "I'm not a racist, but...." and then say a bunch of racist stuff.

Prejudice or racist?

first world problem

Tyres up for replacement. After another set of Re11 or the new Re71r Bridgestone tyres.

Ring Bridgestone NZ , don't bring them in , but suggested tirerack

Email tirerack. Informed that they are export controlled and can't send to nz.

Wtf , try for some PSS's , back order to well after I need them

Anyone tried RE55s as a daily plus odd track day tyre ?

Prejudice or racist?

In some cases both.

My mate and I looked at a nearby open home while taking a break from building the deck on his house yesterday.

Old white neighbor of open home gave us the 'yellow peril' speech.

I played dumb and let him dig his hole deeper and deeper until I informed him that my mate's wife was Asian.

He then spluttered and stammered while we walked away.

• Like 3

In some cases both.

My mate and I looked at a nearby open home while taking a break from building the deck on his house yesterday.

Old white neighbor of open home gave us the 'yellow peril' speech.

I played dumb and let him dig his hole deeper and deeper until I informed him that my mate's wife was Asian.

He then spluttered and stammered while we walked away.

" THE BLOODY SLOPES WILL BE THE END OF US! I DIDNT FIGHT THOSE YELLOW BASTARDS JUST SO THEY COULD COME HERE AND TAKE ERR JEERRRBBSSS " - My Grandfather.

Racism sucks, but all those old bastards will be gone soon so weve got that to look forward to.

E30 timing belts. I have it looped around the camshaft and crank pulley, but am short those vital 2mm to get it over the tensioner

loosen the nuts on it, it spring loaded off the water pump, medieval design on the M20.

" THE BLOODY SLOPES WILL BE THE END OF US! I DIDNT FIGHT THOSE YELLOW BASTARDS JUST SO THEY COULD COME HERE AND TAKE ERR JEERRRBBSSS " - My Grandfather.

Racism sucks, but all those old bastards will be gone soon so weve got that to look forward to.

Ahh yes, Dunedin.

----

Just zoning out hanging with my pup, listening to some chillstep quietly in my room

next minute dance party in the flatmates room. Its a fkn monday mate, we not all unemployed.

nice guy and all but pretty happy hes leaving. sick of texting at 10pm every night to turn the fkn music down.

but woe betide me if i make any noise at 9am on a saturday when i get up to be productive.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Ahh yes, Dunedin.

----

Sorry brah but Pop was a Newtown man through and through

xD

• Like 1

Having had a lady "friend" come to stay for the weekend I don't know whats worse.

Not being able to find stuff I want because she found a new home for it or finding stuff I don't want(toothbrush, hair cap and products in bathroom) because she left it behind.

• Like 2

Definitely the latter is worse.

I agree. Found a few more things left behind. Definitely worse.

On another note. In a moment of idiocy I slipped in some 20ml gravel I was moving off the trailer this afternoon. It was like stepping on marbles. Landed on the side of the trailer and broke 2 ribs.

So there goes the rest of my holiday and all the plans I had.

Has put me firmly in the spectator zone for a couple of weeks at least. Damn it.

Edited by kulgan

oh my gosh thats crazy!

on a positive note, it could have been worse than 2 broken ribs.. jeez

take care mate!

• Like 1

Having had a lady "friend" come to stay for the weekend I don't know whats worse.

Not being able to find stuff I want because she found a new home for it or finding stuff I don't want(toothbrush, hair cap and products in bathroom) because she left it behind.

at first I laughed at you and thought " hahah thank god this hasnt happened.. yet "

Well it did,

a pair of shades and a god damn tooth brush! shes obviously got plans to come back..

• Like 1

On another note. In a moment of idiocy I slipped in some 20ml gravel I was moving off the trailer this afternoon. It was like stepping on marbles. Landed on the side of the trailer and broke 2 ribs.

Has put me firmly in the spectator zone for a couple of weeks at least. Damn it.

At least when your lady friend turns up for the stuff she 'left behind' she can mother you :-)

Not just old people. I do it too.

• Like 1

Rearranging things and keeping things behind? She's nesting. Leave before your life is over.

• Like 2