E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

11 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Plenty of listings up on the free day today, but this has to be my favourite - sold for $9K just a few months ago...

Nice touring

Interesting retrim

Absolutely mint paint on this SA 325i

Late model vert

9K??? Typo? Where? I'd like to pick up a tidy coupe for under the 20k everyone seems to think they're worth...

Was set at dollar reserve, went for that, and then quickly onto the fballs buy sell groups for $12.5k and sold again. And now here. 

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

@Bennyboy aside from being on TM for $20K not two weeks ago you mean? Yet another car that Brad has bought and listed for double the asking price about 5 mins after purchasing.

Alpina's add $8K don't you know...

2147659706.jpg

On the previous listing I don't think it mentioned anything about it being a genuine 325i Sport (at least don't remember that on the original listing).

What are the unique features of a UK Sport 325i? Pretty much the same as the M325i? Anything that was different between them? I know Sport didn't come with M badges (only difference I know of)

Edited by deedub

19 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

They do look goooooood though...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deedub said:

What are the unique features of a UK Sport 325i? Pretty much the same as the M325i? Anything that was different between them? I know Sport didn't come with M badges (only difference I know of)

260/5 gearbox is the biggie - 1st 2nd and 3rd are slightly shorter than the usual 260 ratios. It was standart E30 option though, and there are a couple of NZ New MT2's with it.

• Thanks 1

Source? I've never heard of different G260 boxes on the e30 M20 so I'm curious.

23 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

@Bennyboy aside from being on TM for $20K not two weeks ago you mean? Yet another car that Brad has bought and listed for double the asking price about 5 mins after purchasing.

2147659706.jpg

I’m assuming ‘yet another..’ is referring to the E39 M5 I co-owned from back in 2020? My mate and I walked away with $3k profit each so rest assured I haven’t retired a millionaire. Making a little bit of money on a couple of cars over the years hardly makes me a criminal! Lol. PS, I’ve done a lot more work to the E30 than change the wheels. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, e30ftw said:

Source? I've never heard of different G260 boxes on the e30 M20 so I'm curious.

A few of my reference books mention it on the 325i sport.

Sport box ratios 3.76 1st gear, 2.33 2nd gear, 1.61 3rd gear, 1.23 4th gear, 1.00 5th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

A few of my reference books mention it on the 325i sport.

Sport box ratios 3.76 1st gear, 2.33 2nd gear, 1.61 3rd gear, 1.23 4th gear, 1.00 5th

Yeah I found reference to it on E30wiki: https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/index.php/Drivetrain#Manual

The ratios you quoted look like the Getrag 245 ones on there

Not a mechanic. Wouldn't it be easier to replace the m40/42 with a m50/52?

Edited by MD13

M20 swap itself is less work being factory fitment. M52 makes more sense in performance per $ terms, but that M20 is way cooler keeps the E30 ethos. 

• Like 2