Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Haha thanks man, I have a full project log on here of my engine swap too! I just need to save up enough money to go to coilovers and maybe forced induction!

Stripped her down for the painter to work his magic. Found some rust under the spoiler holes in the bootlid and under the passenger vent near the front windscreen. The bootlid I ain't fussed about as I will be changing it to one with no high stop light as they are horrible looking things haha all the chromework will be going body colour also :)

20160802_160357.jpg

20160802_171809.jpg

20160802_172455.jpg

20160802_172730.jpg

20160802_172503.jpg

20160802_171402.jpg

20160802_173606.jpg

20160802_173609.jpg

• Like 2

Got motor fully assembled with auxiliaries & removed auto crap from loom.

onto the engine bay tiding up now

On the E30

Tidied and bogged the dent in the C pillar. Popped out a dent in the boot. New sparkplugs.

Next step, touch-up C pillar and possibly panelbeat, bog and paint the rest of the niggly dents.

E36 Sedan:

Removed headlining, most of the boot trim, parcel tray and a whole lot more. Stripping it down to a bare-ish interior.

On 8/2/2016 at 1:41 PM, sweetm3 said:

Check out my project B) :D :lol:

Recaros covered (Medium).jpg

ohhh where are those from? didnt think you could get them in NZ

1 hour ago, hunter said:

ohhh where are those from? didnt think you could get them in NZ

Tried to get them when they were on trade me, negotiated a price when they didn't sell

Edited by sweetm3
  • Like 1

Started painting the pillar repair. Probably too cold and windy really, but oh well. 4 coats of primer filler, then gotta wait probably a good 2-3hrs at this temperature before sanding down ready for basecoat.

On 29 July 2016 at 3:03 PM, BatMansWilly said:

When repco has %40 off Castrol EDGE.........

146976130361985340874.jpg

I went into Repco for one of their sales, asked if they had a box of 4 x 5 litre Penrite 5w40 Synthetic (HPR5).  He said "why not buy a drum, we don't discount but it's less pricey than buying that box of 20 litres, even on sale".  So I did.  The HPR05020 comes in at close to ten bucks per litre.

not wanting to turn this into a 'oil y is better than oil x', suggest buying in larger containers will work for anyone.

20L of Fuchs ATF to flush the trans in my volvo was way cheaper than buying 4L packs retail.

HTH

Edited by Olaf
HPR5, 20l
  • Like 1

it was a couple of days ago really.  put my e46 in to get that annoying water leak in my washer reservoir sorted.  It leaks through the pump and into the frame rail - not good!  Page European replaced the pump and cleaned the whole lot out, flushed the lines, refilled with BMW washer fluid.  Running like a bought one, which it is.  And they've identified the broken spring (see other thread) .  I asked them to give the suspension a going through, clean bill of health, so it's on to the springs in short order.

Oh, and get a new sump gasket and engine and trans mounts (do them while the subframe's dropped), ready for sortng out that remaining oil leak.

PS - it's too f%&king cold for working on my vehicle outdoors.  So I'm very happy to support my local independent... If I had a garage, it'd be different for the simple jobs...

Edited by Olaf
PS
  • Like 1

i have found that too Olaf. I only use Penrite as well, the only brand i have used that comes out after 10,000km in a state I am happy with. Use it for all the cars in the work fleet as well as my own fleet.

• Like 1

Took my car to the garage Yesterday to change the oil and filter in the automatic gearbox,

and they couldn't  find the filling bun so they didn't do it :-(

• Like 1

probably a lucky escape, Hans!  

• Like 1

Fluffed around in the garage for a bit, mostly moving stuff about!!

painted and re-assembled a brake caliper, then epoxied some mounts onto the new front bumper.

Really need to get a into g and do some useful sh*t...

Added rear speakers to the e30. Turns out even 6.5" speakers struggled to cover the holes. Luckily only the cardboards been cut, not the actual parcel tray itself ;)

Almost done ..... 400 lossless digital albums all controlled via factory nav and sound via digital audio straight into aftermarket DSP.

RIMG1440.JPG

• Like 5

20 hours ago, mynbmr said:

Took my car to the garage Yesterday to change the oil and filter in the automatic gearbox,

and they couldn't  find the filling bun so they didn't do it :-(

Wow, you need to find a new garage 

25 minutes ago, qube said:

bought 2 new bmws in less than 24 hours. great weekend.

come one, where's the details, wheres the pics?

• Like 2

Put new expansion tank and throttle body gasket in this weekend.

image.jpeg

Edited by adro
  • Like 3

I did a thing, now I own 2 Helrot Red 1997 Ti's :P Managed to trade my old engine and a small sum of cash for a crashed M-sport model, so will take all the nice goodies from it and transfer onto my car and fix up this one to chuck back on the road as a little bit of a daily to run about in and then to resell on.

13950475_10153967423810787_1311439392_o.jpg

13977869_10153967424125787_2119992778_o.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedRocketTi said:

... and then to resell on. 

PM me when you're ready. I'm looking for a beater DD. 

Will keep you in mind :) The engine had just had the head gaskits and a whole lot of stuff done, needs new front guard, nosecone, bonnet and engine mounts replacing. Someone has tried to break into it at some point too so gotta get a new rear side window. Should hopefully be able to get her all going within the week and back on the road!

• Like 1

Yesterday ; Removed the Diff, Carrier frame.

Today ; Pressed out Carrier frame mounts and Wishbone upper bushes.

Starting helping the panelbeater with rubbing her down. What a sh*t job the person who painted her last did!! They primered over the factory paint which was still very shiny and just painted over that. So much so that we could scrape the layers of paint and primer off with a blade to reveal the original factory paint. Shocking. Oh well it's all going back to bare metal anyway. It just makes it that much more time consuming having to rub down shoddy resprays

20160815_121627.jpg

20160815_144010.jpg

20160815_145345.jpg

• Like 2

What colour are you going for?