Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

On 1/13/2021 at 3:35 PM, GorGasm said:

Mine is the Meguiars Ceramic Wax liquid.  From the youtube review I watched the spray and rub in application seems to be the best followed closely by the liquid.  Spray on and rinse seemed to be a bit of a dud.

For the price ~$50 for Meguiars Ceramic and ~$25 for Autoglym SRP I reckon it's pretty darn good.

Thanks to these car detailing posts I'm going down to repco/supercheap and buying the meguiars ceramic wax/detail spray/clay kit and autoglym polish. Plus some Mag Monster. 

Edited by NZ_InFerno
  • Like 1

Washed it so it looks pretty on the skid pan at the BMW festival tomorrow,  for about 2 minutes....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aja540i said:

Washed it so it looks pretty on the skid pan at the BMW festival tomorrow,  for about 2 minutes....

Alerted the fire crew to be ready? 😅

5 hours ago, KwS said:

Alerted the fire crew to be ready? 😅

No need, there's a big sprinkler!!

Blow out the cob webs from mine today, nothing like a bit of full throttle

• Like 1

Lower control arms and balljoints on an x3.

Pretty easy, the old balljoints  were mint after 150,000km but i changed them anyway. 

Note to anyone doing this that the oem balljoints have torx bolts that need an e12 socket, where as the replacement bolts take a t40 socket. Guess which socket i didnt put back and spent 40 mins looking for -t40. 

Also dont try and pry the balljoint out (forums and youtube use this method) just get a hammer, drown the balljoint in crc and tap the whole arm near the balljoint to put it out of its press fit housing, mine cane out easy as. 

F4782D94-D17C-42CB-8017-B274CCEB5844.jpeg

D362D16C-D879-4C50-9211-9E0514413118.jpeg

B9511D93-9833-44CC-95B2-C82589D113AA.jpeg

ABFF8135-59EC-4D9B-AA6E-EB90CC31CCE2.jpeg

Not strictly my car, but I took a little bit of BMW history in NZ down to the Festival at HD.

AE947801-6248-4442-B5F6-F807E7522FDD.jpeg

Good old school motoring.. most of the time looking at the temp gauge and wondering if you’re going to get there!

Zero mod cons, not even a radio. Have to ask yourself if you really NEED all that stuff? Could have done with a 5th gear and some aircon though.

• Like 4