Apex

Quick rant thread.

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Lots of stuff I want to buy, but nothing I'm selling is moving!

Same.

Drove to Auckland and back over the weekend.
Wow are we in for a brutal road construction season (summer).  The roads are just wrecked.

• Like 3

On 9/12/2022 at 8:27 PM, Driftit said:

Drove to Auckland and back over the weekend.
Wow are we in for a brutal road construction season (summer).  The roads are just wrecked.

Wow, you are an optimist. Really think they’re going to fix them? 
They are ridiculously bad, embarrassing for supposedly the main highway.

• Like 1

They won’t fix them, well not properly anyway, but there will be roadworks for Africa all summer while the throw a handful of rocks and some chip over the worst of the holes.

there's a rim breaking hole in Hastings main street, probably 20cm deep not quite  in the middle of a roundabout that has had cold mix thrown in it at least 4 times in the last 4-5 weeks, only for it to be all gone 2-3 days later and be back to square one, criminal really, only good thing is its probably got a few cyclists judging by its location

Edited by kwhelan

12 hours ago, Palazzo said:

Wow, you are an optimist. Really think they’re going to fix them? 
They are ridiculously bad, embarrassing for supposedly the main highway.

I never said they would be fixed haha.  But it will be a loose chip seal hell for months.

Cop mate said there is a pothole that destroyed a wheel on at least seven cars near the Kaimais two weekends back.  He got called out to it.

hit a pothole in the Frenchie, the momentum and my weight caused the drivers seat angle ratchet mechanism to fail, i think the teeth have sheared short, as well as rusty springs. have had to use a prop and a cooler to keep the seat propped up. damn is it uncomfortable. le sigh

• Sad 5

The money that is being pumped into setting up the new speed camera network (that will use facial recognition to see who is in the front seats) has to come from somewhere. Just a question of priorities. 

Cheers... 

PS: If potholes are that effective maybe the police should use them instead of road spikes ?

• Haha 1

Lucky most of those cars have a spare wheels and why id never own a car that didn't have one.

2 minutes ago, jon dee said:

The money that is being pumped into setting up the new speed camera network (that will use facial recognition to see who is in the front seats) has to come from somewhere. Just a question of priorities. 

That's mostly for generating revenue though so it probably is a priority, just like tossers sitting on the highways and pulling people up going 9kph over the limit.

1 hour ago, kwhelan said:

https://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/303912-traffic-congestion-reported-on-sh29.html

watch the clip, I wonder if they even had phone recording or missed the start

what sort of new venezuela  are we becoming

Best video commentary.

The whole network is f&&ked, NZTA came out the other day and said the reason the roads were so bad is they were making sure they got their monies worth out of what they spent on them 10 years ago. It’s beyond belief.

8 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Lucky most of those cars have a spare wheels and why id never own a car that didn't have one.

That's mostly for generating revenue though so it probably is a priority, just like tossers sitting on the highways and pulling people up going 9kph over the limit.

What would you get as an alternate jack for an X5? The standard one that I’ve used once is the same as a 3 series from what I can see and it just doesn’t instil confidence in lifting the X5, even empty. I have a space saver.

6 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

Best video commentary.

The whole network is f&&ked, NZTA came out the other day and said the reason the roads were so bad is they were making sure they got their monies worth out of what they spent on them 10 years ago. It’s beyond belief.

NZTA never heard of them, use their correct te reo pakeha name please,

10 years? that just means its nationals fault because 9 years neglect

no its combination of green ideology "cars are bad"

and zero road toll

its the perfect way to get everyone out of their vehicles

oh and free public transport as your yoof demanded in their march the other day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

What would you get as an alternate jack for an X5? The standard one that I’ve used once is the same as a 3 series from what I can see and it just doesn’t instil confidence in lifting the X5, even empty. I have a space saver.

Bottle jack. My fathers Range Rover has a one as factory that ive used in a few situations, its probably the best small\portable jack ive used without having to cart around a small trolley jack. 

1 hour ago, kwhelan said:

NZTA never heard of them, use their correct te reo pakeha name please,

10 years? that just means its nationals fault because 9 years neglect

no its combination of green ideology "cars are bad"

and zero road toll

its the perfect way to get everyone out of their vehicles

oh and free public transport as your yoof demanded in their march the other day

I just got off the phone with my father, were  you eavesdropping? 
Actually it’s 50/50 National/Labour.

nzta.govt.nz

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jon dee said:

Cheers... 

PS: If potholes are that effective maybe the police should use them instead of road spikes ?

Brisbane has had them for ages, I'm not completely against them or road safety if they catch the phone users which is what they use them for, they can even nab you with the phone on your lap ,got no proof but suspect phones cause alot of accidents which didn't happen 15 years ago.

Edited by kwhelan

3 hours ago, Palazzo said:

I just got off the phone with my father, were  you eavesdropping? 
Actually it’s 50/50 National/Labour.

nzta.govt.nz

they spent millions fitting wire rope barriers on the supposed single lane motorway between hastings and napier which everyone hates and causes more issues than it solves. the only death since I think happened in the 500 odd meters from roundabout exit till where the ropes started, Irony!

after cursing them for blocking any overtaking whatsoever Its hard to notice that you can't go more than 1km without finding a stretch that has been damaged/hit, broken posts-wires flapping in the wind. does this mean all those hits were going to cross the center line? and they worked?, not so sure,it would appear more farm and heavy machinery seems to clip them because the road is now too narrow to be safe

Edited by kwhelan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kwhelan said:

they spent millions fitting wire rope barriers on the supposed single lane motorway between hastings and napier which everyone hates and causes more issues than it solves. the only death since I think happened in the 500 odd meters from roundabout exit till where the ropes started, Irony!

Or the death where a motorcyclist was knocked into the barriers, caught in the ropes, and suffered fatal trauma as a result of the ropes. Not the vehicle that pushed him there.

NZTA bought the land for SH2 around Napier, they cut costs and built a single carriageway road. SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAND THEY BOUGHT. So any additional lanes will now need to be a single lane added each side, causing twice the chaos, twice the work, at least twice the time, and (probably) 4 times as much money. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...

What is telling is the recent dramatic increase in the number of 'traffic management' companies operating. 'Management' is, of course, politically correct speak for slowing traffic even further..

Drove from Kapiti to Hastings yesterday with car transporter in tow, only to find a car a lot rougher than pictured / described and seller only willing to drop $100 so turned around and drove home.

Day on the road yay. Was to be my son's first project car to motivate him to get his licence. He's gutted but proud of him for knowing to walk away.

Lots of farmers pushing 3 waters and jesus propaganda out that way (ironically, also council signs saying to 'conserve water' lol) and pot holes ffs!! If I dodged them with the truck, then the rental trailer would line em up perfectly. Surprised it's still in one piece after the trashing it copped. 😆 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Lots of farmers pushing 3 waters...

Farmers are fed up with blanket water-related rates being applied by local councils when the majority of farms never touch town water systems.

There are worrying rumours of council plans to charge folk who catch rainwater based on roof area. NIWA have had regs around bore holes and abstraction for ages so this could the next 'idea'.

Having not b*tched for a while I'm having withdrawals..... MK5 Golf GTi that has appeared in our street over the past few months, popping and farting at all times of the day and night and travelling at well over the speed limit. I guess karma is coming home, given my history of excessively loud turbo fours - I was way worse than anything this kid is doing noise wise, but at least I didn't drive like a complete ass in a tiny cul de sac. 

• Like 1

just bought Murano for parents. three days after that serpentine belts start squealing, thought it would go away after a while as it has been wet, but nope. it is constant, a bearing has probably bit it. 

do i have a leg to stand on to get the dealer to fix it? 

1 hour ago, lord_jagganath said:

just bought Murano for parents. three days after that serpentine belts start squealing, thought it would go away after a while as it has been wet, but nope. it is constant, a bearing has probably bit it. 

do i have a leg to stand on to get the dealer to fix it? 

3 days? Of course. That's the whole point of buying from a dealer and not for half the price from a private seller. 

• Like 1