Apex

Quick rant thread.

21 hours ago, Jacko said:

People in -

• Late model mustangs (particularly ecoboosts, but applies to all)
  • Teslas with inane number plates
  • Pile of sh*t AU/BA etc falcons
  • GTIs with pops and bangs tunes
  • Ford rangers with all the middle age white man bedazzlements you can stick on
  • Anyone driving a modern "MG"

You are not cool. Nobody thinks you are cool.

That is all.

I’ll add. To the idiot with the black e92 335i in Grey Lynn,  your bangs tune is sh*t and nobody cares.

18 hours ago, Eagle said:

Not a VW\Audi exclusive these days. Heard\seen a many 3 series running those 'tuned ecus"  

Very true, but there is some absolute cock in a VW GTi around Howick that spends hours driving around going “brmmm, pop, bang, bang, bang, brmmm, pop, bang, bang, bang” at all hours of the day.

Ill add to the list; 

Loud motorcycles with no mufflers being ridden at WOT around residential areas in the early hours of the morning.

Please seriously maim yourself.

Heck, loud motorcycles at all, do they really think their mix of a long sloppy fart and a bad trombone sounds good?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KwS said:

Ill add to the list; 

Loud motorcycles with no mufflers being ridden at WOT around residential areas in the early hours of the morning.

Heck, loud motorcycles at all, do they really think their mix of a long sloppy fart and a bad trombone sounds good?

As with cars, there's often a case for changing the exhaust.

But (stereotypically) late-model Harleys with open pipes being ridden by look-at-me-I'm-having-a-crisis types are unnecessary and annoying.

• Like 1

FOR SALE signs in front of houses. House gets sold, some f**ker drives all the way out to slap a big red SOLD sign on it and leaves the bloody thing sitting there for another 3 months. Yes well done, you've sold a house. It served its purpose. Take your shitty sign and f**k straight off. Tempted to start setting them on fire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Vass said:

FOR SALE signs in front of houses. House gets sold, some f**ker drives all the way out to slap a big red SOLD sign on it and leaves the bloody thing sitting there for another 3 months. Yes well done, you've sold a house. It served its purpose. Take your shitty sign and f**k straight off. Tempted to start setting them on fire.

Contact the REINZ or council,  from memory, a sold sticker is only allowed to stay up for 1 week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vass said:

Houses listed for sale. Call agent, be told it is under contract but they'll call if it fals through. 

6 weeks later, house still listed for sale. Call agent, be told a contract extension was granted for the purchaser to sort some stuff out. Agent will call if it falls through.

Weeks later, still listed for sale. Call agent... Contract fell through, just gone under contract to new buyer. "What happened to you calling if the contract fell through?" "Oh. Does say that we would... Sorry."

2 hours ago, gjm said:

Houses listed for sale. Call agent, be told it is under contract but they'll call if it fals through. 

6 weeks later, house still listed for sale. Call agent, be told a contract extension was granted for the purchaser to sort some stuff out. Agent will call if it falls through.

Weeks later, still listed for sale. Call agent... Contract fell through, just gone under contract to new buyer. "What happened to you calling if the contract fell through?" "Oh. Does say that we would... Sorry."

Ask them for the unconditional date and call then. No reason they can't tell you. Or put in a back up.

10 hours ago, KwS said:

Ill add to the list; 

Farting armchairs added to list. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KwS said:

Ill add to the list; 

This. Try living 150 metres from the Headhunters HQ in Mt Wellington (edit: sorry I meant the "Fight Club" because of course it's not a gang headquarters at all, despite the row of dumped, tinted, black Mercs out front). Add the gunshots in the middle of the night as the 'Bees fire shotguns at their windows, ugh. 

Since moved to Epsom, no longer a problem. 

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2022 at 6:24 AM, KwS said:

Ill add to the list; 

My bikes are loud. 

Better than some idiot in a car knocking you off because they can't be f**ked opening their eyes and "didnt see you". Or too busy doing their makeup, scoffing down a hunger buster combo, or f**king around on their phone. 

But I dont ride a straight piped v rod either, and I dont ride around residential places in first gear bouncing off the revlimiter.

• Like 1

Regarding bikes, I can handle just about any straight piped bike other than a Harley. There is something about them that is just brutally obnoxious, and the whole idea that a Harley is somehow an all out  performance bike and all other brands are so called "crotch rockets" speaks volumes about the interesting owners. Possibly the idea that bike exhausts with a factory db stamp on them seem to get through all manner of inspection, yet the moment you touch a car exhaust the cops are on you as a boy racer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Twistee said:

Regarding bikes, I can handle just about any straight piped bike other than a Harley. There is something about them that is just brutally obnoxious, and the whole idea that a Harley is somehow an all out  performance bike and all other brands are so called "crotch rockets" speaks volumes about the interesting owners. Possibly the idea that bike exhausts with a factory db stamp on them seem to get through all manner of inspection, yet the moment you touch a car exhaust the cops are on you as a boy racer. 

They've cracked down on bikes a bit at wof time. A lot of bikes that i wouldn't consider loud have failed.

I've also been pulled over by the coppas because they were of the opinion my bike being too loud.

But yes certain types certainly seem to get away with it.

Pretty hard to not feel like the system is broken right now. God forbid anyone would ever entertain the thought of having an adjustable silencer, not like that has been a factory option on countless cars for years.... So much of the cert law just seems to be a knee jerk reaction. 

The system is fine, people are broken. Just be thankful we even have a path for modification, unlike other countries. Would hate to get a massive fine for having a pod filter installed like in Aus.

I live not far from the most popular route from Wellington to Martinborough.  On a nice weekend there would be hundreds of bikers on club "Cruises" from Wellington.
I would say the majority of them are driving like f**kwits.  Where I live it goes from 50kph residential to 70kph as you are leaving town.  Then to 100kph once all the houses are done.  As soon as the 50kph zone finishes they are mostly all in full race mode.

If I did this in my race car which is half the volume even with a straight pipe.  I would be set upon by the police.  Yet many of these bikes should not be on the road.  They are race bikes that never see the track.

I heard the local oldies are going to start filming them.  Wonder if any of that footage can be used.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Driftit said:

I live not far from the most popular route from Wellington to Martinborough.  On a nice weekend there would be hundreds of bikers on club "Cruises" from Wellington.
I would say the majority of them are driving like f**kwits.  Where I live it goes from 50kph residential to 70kph as you are leaving town.  Then to 100kph once all the houses are done.  As soon as the 50kph zone finishes they are mostly all in full race mode.

If I did this in my race car which is half the volume even with a straight pipe.  I would be set upon by the police.  Yet many of these bikes should not be on the road.  They are race bikes that never see the track.

I heard the local oldies are going to start filming them.  Wonder if any of that footage can be used.

What makes them race bikes? No lights, race fairings, slicks etc ?

2 hours ago, polley said:

What makes them race bikes? No lights, race fairings, slicks etc ?

Two wheeled equivalent of an Ariel Atom. But louder. 

10 hours ago, Driftit said:

Two wheeled equivalent of an Ariel Atom. But louder. 

Ok, so loud pipes = race car / bike

Sweet I have race car at the moment then as no exhaust at all 😆 I get to about 2500rpm and have to button off as it sounds like the world is ending !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, polley said:

Ok, so loud pipes = race bike

If you get up close and look at the exhaust, it normally has stamped into it “not for road use” or “for Motorsport use only” or similar.

22 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

If you get up close and look at the exhaust, it normally has stamped into it “not for road use” or “for Motorsport use only” or similar.

Same as heaps of exhausts on cars, after market ecu's, fuel pumps, blow off valves, fuel pressure regulators, and most performance parts used on many road going cars. Odd since they still get cert and wof with these parts supposedly "for off road use only". 

Anyone who was ever young would have learned that more noise equals more power and performance.

Has something changed ?? 

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone who was once young figured out that more noise increases the likelihood that you where going to score - figuratively so to speak 😂

Anyone who has since matured - relatively speaking - has realised that more noise also equals more attention haha 🤣

• Like 3