Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Attempted to start the E30, battery completely dead.

Get a charger .. I used to kill batteries on mine .. got a charger I use all of the time now .. battery is going on 6 years now and still sweet.

Just dont hook the charger up to the radiator.....

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Got a new coil to replace the one I took out the M3 to make the e46 run right again. Turns out it was f**ked too so will try again tomorrow, sigh

• Like 2

Installed an H pipe in the exhaust last night = sucess. No more of the part throttle dirty v8 noise from 1500-4000, it's much cleaner but still has the same aggressive note, if not better. Same for 4000-6500rpm much cleaner overall, quieter which was the intention but still loud.

I'll have to get a good recording before I sell my Zoom H4n recorder. :)

Get a charger .. I used to kill batteries on mine .. got a charger I use all of the time now .. battery is going on 6 years now and still sweet.

Yeah I've got one at home, the problem is my E30 is not...Have taken the battery out and is on charge now though

Put in a new oem air filter. Old one was pretty darn dirty. Car can finally breathe again. Maybe placebo but it seems to pull a lot better/smoother now.

Some insurance have tyres covered for such issues as this and if people slash them... Could be worth looking into

Some tyre companies will offer this when selling tyres. The wife's e36 328's dunlops had this thrown in.

Looked up the tracking for the BRAND NEW ABS/DSC module I brought for $480.30... seems to have passed by customs entirely un-noticed B) Is with Rural Delivery now... so should be waiting at home for me B)

At least my Wife KNOWS about this one, and not the thouasnads I send on the bike last week :ph34r:

• Like 1

I managed to find some genuine contour 1's for my evo sedan. looks much nicer and its return to stock.

unfortunately, I came back into work and the stress engineer who sits opposite me advised me that the previous later edition m3 rims which were on there before were forged. a quick check showed that the contours are cast.

Oh well. Too late now!

Sold the factory 17" alloys off the misses car today, so fitted the bbs lm's I had sitting around , so she didn't have to drive flintstone style

post-279-0-27613600-1396588522_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-98023200-1396588555_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I love LMs. Such a classic wheel that never seem to look bad, no matter what its on.

Somehow vanos solenoid was seized on to the vanous housing, and i managed to snap the housing. Joy.need to find a new housing pronto, need to now find a new housing and possibly a new solenoid pronto. Wasn't Rio get it going again on Wed

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Excuse the engrish. Combination of auto correct and frustration hah.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Paid a man in Auckland some money for his E36 M3. Now to wait for the truck to bring it down to me.

• Like 2

Was planning to drive it back but unfortunately i dont have the time for another few weeks, and i couldnt wait that long.

New clutch went in the E30, should help get the power down.

16aw2th.jpg

Just a bit of slipping...

New clutch went in the E30, should help get the power down.

16aw2th.jpg

Just a bit of slipping...

Slap a bit of jam on it & you could have it for breakfast :ph34r: lol, that things toasted!

• Like 1

DIY upgrade? As in cut the hoses and use normal hose clamps?

DIY upgrade? As in cut the hoses and use normal hose clamps?

That will only work on the low pressure hoses

1. Removed the (cheap) GT splitters I installed a few weeks ago because one broke (split?) and was f'ed. Crap ABS, they need to be more flexible than that. Pity because I grew to like the look.

Good to know. Pretty keen on getting some for my M3 but not sure which ones to get. Looks like ABS isnt a go.

Not today but replaced my broken headlight (cheers nick496) and installed OEM mudflaps. Mudflaps rule!

7830182d-9422-4e63-bfa3-77796f4193a8_zps