Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Put my intake mani and head back together, now to adjust me some valve clearances then I'm going to be putting it back on the block.

Posted Image

(Yes new O-Rings for this)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mmmmm did a beautiful 160km drive in the V8 day down to a friends house in Huna, what a machine! didn't miss a beat! Couldn't be happier with it.

Also stopped by to see Brent, he ended up being very helpful and supplied me with a 17" space saver I needed to clear the M3 brakes at the front!

Hi Jamie if you haven't already check the sealing gaskets around the tail lights if these leak on a e39 they can course some electric problems and a lakes as you have found.

Fixed up my camber plates and test fitted my new rims :ph34r:

- New thermostat and housing

- New radiator and expansion tank

- Fresh coolant

- Transmission flush and refill

Good man.

Meanwhile last night I clocked up 100km of driving for fun, and spend some of those kilometers with the laptop to fix the overly aggressive 3-4th shift which was so quick it made the fan belt slip! After trying a combination of settings I finally cracked it so it's much smoother, no more slipping fan belt. As it turns out, setting the accumulator duty cycle to a very low range solved this without sacrificing performance.

^ I have noticed that slip too, even though I am low down on power, perhaps time to change belts?

Yeah might be bad belt, or the tensioner.

Should probably make a dedicated thread but CBF:

Had a busy day today!

Started like this

post-5771-0-00521600-1381630734_thumb.jp

Added LED park/halos (stock on left)

post-2170-0-05606200-1381635899.jpg

Made some ramps lol

post-2170-0-11922500-1381638824_thumb.jp

Add these

post-5771-0-01604500-1381630694_thumb.jp

+ a rear windcreen spoiler and BS sticker

Currently like this

post-2170-0-67046600-1381638859_thumb.jp

post-665-0-20459200-1381649099_thumb.jpg

Will lower a tad more this weekend and get an allignment, cert....etc hopefully in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

got ETHRTY plates onto my E30 today ha. swapped bootlid from the convertible type to a sedan one with a tech1 wing, quite pleased with result. hopefully take some pictures tomorrow at the meet.. hopefully this storm rains itself out tonight

New oil and filter, belts and tensioners and a gear shift boot.... but it was a LHD one :rolleyes: Topgaiters sent me the correct RHD one FOC, and it only took 2 days to come from the UK B)

Went hunting for my surging issue. still after changing fpr and checking injector seals, still no luck. does a strange thing in my view it tries to die when you crimp the fuel return line from the fpr. this suppose to happen?

its come a long way since january when i bought it. mold rubbish and human slime have been eliminated. interior is about 80 percent complete. got wof and reg. not bad for a 25+ year old car :)

Added some finishing touches to the subwoofer

post-797-0-28225300-1379837957.jpg

Edited by Neal

Bought a full set of matching locks with keys - my e30 hasnt had a boot lock for ~18 months. Its still on jackstands with no exhaust etc though.

well done , good start , did you know you dont need to remove the centre console to get the gearlever mech out etc , just the shifter slider and ash tray part . anyway goves you a good chance to clean in there :)

Added some finishing touches to the subwoofer

Looks awesome dude!

got ETHRTY plates onto my E30 today ha. swapped bootlid from the convertible type to a sedan one with a tech1 wing, quite pleased with result.

Spent half an hour in the garage comparing the 'vert bootlid and the one on the coupe, and a spare one. Buggered if I can see a difference... I always thought they were the same?

The rest of the time I was cleaning 20 year old oil/dirt mixture from a gearbox, they obviously never fix oil leaks in Greece... and how MAF let it in the country I'll never know, makes me wonder what they actually do in these inspections you pay so much for??