Apex

Quick rant thread.

Any wriggle room if you use environmentally friendly products?

It's also the issue of washing silt into riverways, it seems mundane but when every person washes their car on Saturday it has quite the inflow effect.
  • Like 1

Any wriggle room if you use environmentally friendly products?

Nope, and it actually even applies to washing houses, or anything else in your driveway. The bylaw is against contaminants entering the stormwater.

Using enviro friendly products apperently "won't stop the oils and heavy metals washing into the stormwater"

Guess you aren't allowed to park outside when it rains too then right?

It's also the issue of washing silt into riverways, it seems mundane but when every person washes their car on Saturday it has quite the inflow effect.

Its mostly about contaminants (oil, grease, wax, detergent etc), not silt. I guess the council has never seen what washes off the road surface on the first rain after a dry period.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/71540950/porirua-council-embraces-car-wash-ban-backlash-as-a-chance-to-educate

Maybe they should ban all Euro vehicles because they recycle all there oils, coolants and hydraulic fluids all over our highways

• Like 6

Maybe they should ban all Euro vehicles because they recycle all there oils, coolants and hydraulic fluids all over our highways

Its Porirua, every second car is a Merc on cutz or a $300 E36. the other is an Estima with a mirror hanging off the back.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 5

i really really miss the window wiper speed setting available on the e46 and newere bmw's compared to my e36 which is like..

OFF > Once every 8 seconds > NON STOP > SO FAST ILL NEVER USE IT

i wish there was like one every 3-4 seconds which is what i need most of the time.. sigh

• Like 1

You can programme the intermittent speed in the E36... let me find the instructions...

You might need to replace the wiper control module (I didn't need to).

post-14-0-34305500-1440998353.gif

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

lol my 2002ti is on or off, deal with it lol

• Like 2

lol my 2002ti is on or off, deal with it lol

Single speed?

My Beetle is single speed... but I just realised they self park now! A wire was loose, so you had to park them yourself before! Awesomest techanogical discovery of the week!

Single speed?

My Beetle is single speed... but I just realised they self park now! A wire was loose, so you had to park them yourself before! Awesomest techanogical discovery of the week!

2 speed, up, and down. lol

• Like 1

What am I doing in at work at 3.30 am on a Wednesday morning ?? - looking for the expensive optical cable for the new UHD TV and sound system being delivered today. I purchased all the new cables 2 weeks ago when I ordered the TV & sounds. Removed all the old home theater, DVD player and VHS unit and cables and got the lounge all prepared for the new gear. Unpacked all the cables and the new type surge box and threw all the "empty" boxes in the bad bin at work last week------found the bitch under about 2 weeks worth of rubbish. There is probably a word that would describe this. I'm not sure if this should be a rant or the funny story for the week. Looks like RCA cables are redundant now. Just optical, HDMI, Bluetooth & Wifi. It gets expensive when you just intended to upgrade one item. A bit like stripping a car to do a water pump and end up doing water pump, thermostat, radiator, expansion tank and hoses. ....... any way Harvey Norman loves me :rolleyes:

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 6

Just got me a new TV and sound system too Glenn. Just one cable to connect them. New HDMI 2.0 cable and away she went.

New couch arrived yesterday too. Really killing any motivation to be in the garage though.

I went to a Samsung 50" UHD4k 4:1 Samsung 4K sound bar & Samsung Blue ray player

Nice I went the LG way. 60" UHD with a 9.1 surround. Pretty cheap these days.

Crikey. I really am behind the times with my 5.1..

• Like 1

Crikey. I really am behind the times with my 5.1..

I still have a CRT :lol:

with 5.1 though :P

I've had a 55" for a couple years, Feel like it's way too small. Grew up with a mint 21" CRT in the dining room and the splash out in the lounge with a 29" CRT

Just got me a new TV and sound system too Glenn. Just one cable to connect them. New HDMI 2.0 cable and away she went.

New couch arrived yesterday too. Really killing any motivation to be in the garage though.

Put all that new stuff in the garage :-)

• Like 1

Trade Me user not allowing me to pick up a couple of CDs, instead he posts them with El-cheapo $2.75 post, they get lost and I never receive them. He raves on with excuses and then files for lost items via NZ posts. After weeks and weeks of dialuge still nothing.

Two months later NZ post isn't doing anything as hes fed them some sort of lies about it being found, even though I never got them. The seller has also declined to reimburse me in any way, not even with CDs of a similar value.

I just found today he has blacklisted me from his other auctions. What does that say about his integrity - he just thinks I've got them and have tried to lie so I can get my money back.

I've just filed a Trade ME non delivered item report, probably wont do much, but we shall see.....

The two CDs were only $28.51 including shipping but its not the point, the sellers "In Trade" with 3000+ feedbacks yet is unwilling to help when his non tracked shipping fails to deliver them.

It's more the principle of resolving the situation, I don't care for the CDs or money but the fact the seller thinks he can just move on is what annoys me. I'll keep poking at this until I get a result.

• Like 6

i got scammed for over $900 for a laptop and trademe and popo did nothing about it...

• Like 2

Seems after Trade Me has got on his case hes suddenly decided to give me a refund.

What were you buying CDs for anyway? Ha.

80s CDs for my 90s OEM CD player of course.

I like the nostalgia. On some days I play tapes too...

100_1721.jpg

• Like 4