Apex

Quick rant thread.

^^ bastards mate, feel for you, go hard at the boss

• Like 1

Bloody careless morons with no brain!!!

Make sure it gets sorted satisfactorily Dave

• Like 1

I was sitting in the office watching them work on it through a window and saw the moron sling the rim into the car. I guess my mistake was yelling at them to get it out of there. So it was probably scratched on the way in and again when he took it out.

It takes a special kind of special to do something as moronic as this.

• Like 1

Probably need a leather restoration kit on it now, pricks. That colour match will be special to

Success with Tony's today. Gave them a ring and they put me through to the Area Manager.

He was horrified when I told him what had happened and assured me that one way or another they would put it right. Even at the expense of having the upholstery repaired.

He was a good guy to talk to and I'm pretty sure someone in the Wanganui shop is going to get a well deserved kickin.

I will be expecting another call early next week to work something out.

• Like 4

Well done Dave, Make sure they follow through with a satisfactory repair.

Working a public holiday, when most of camp is shut down :(

Working a public holiday, when most of camp is shut down :(

Amen to that. I've worked all weekend and dont get a couple of days off till Thursday.

Pukekos squawking outside. There's going to be a cull tomorrow.

You should embrace them and enjoy the gifts of nature.

• Like 1

Pukekos are stupid, you shoot one and it's mate comes over to have a look at what's going on lol. Any other animal would scamper

• Like 4

Pukekos are stupid, you shoot one and it's mate comes over to have a look at what's going on lol. Any other animal would scamper

This happens outside work when one gets run over every so often.

^ So kind of like Americans then? But without the cameras...

• Like 9

Bought a discount card through work for mag and turbo, $100 for a bunch of stuff with free labour, few services, wheel alignments, puncture repairs etc. Thought cant really go wrong.

Took the 130i in a few months ago, asked for .5 degrees more camber on the front, the rest as spec. Got it back from the tech, who looked to be 15 years old, who told me the camber isnt adjustable. Told him the strut towers are slotted, replied with "oh". Gave up and drove off, shaking head at the wobbly ass wheel alignment figures, some not in spec, and the 2nd wheel alignment sticker stuck next to the old one. Wrote it off as - "well, ya get what ya pay for"

Wifes VW golf service indicator popped up last week, 72k, thought screw it will give M&T another go. Booked the car in for 1pm, she took our 2 month old down and was told come back at 3-3.30. She came back with son in the pram after strolling around the shops and the VW was only just going up on the hoist. By 5pm they had changed the oil and airfilter... Went to go drive it today, they havent even reset the fecken service indicator warning.

I still have a bunch of stuff to check off my "discount card of free labour" but Id honestly rather just pay the money and take to someone who knows what they are doing.

Pay peanuts, get Monkeys.

/endrant

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 3

^ my friend was telling me about this 'great deal' i told him dont bother. guess i gave him the right advice

• Like 1

Am I the only one who sees 'bagged' on an ad for a car - any car - and just moves on?

WTF is the fascination with this?

It's seriously spoiling my ability to pretend to spend money I don't have.

• Like 5

Bought a discount card through work for mag and turbo, $100 for a bunch of stuff with free labour, few services, wheel alignments, puncture repairs etc. Thought cant really go wrong.

Took the 130i in a few months ago, asked for .5 degrees more camber on the front, the rest as spec. Got it back from the tech, who looked to be 15 years old, who told me the camber isnt adjustable. Told him the strut towers are slotted, replied with "oh". Gave up and drove off, shaking head at the wobbly ass wheel alignment figures, some not in spec, and the 2nd wheel alignment sticker stuck next to the old one. Wrote it off as - "well, ya get what ya pay for"

Wifes VW golf service indicator popped up last week, 72k, thought screw it will give M&T another go. Booked the car in for 1pm, she took our 2 month old down and was told come back at 3-3.30. She came back with son in the pram after strolling around the shops and the VW was only just going up on the hoist. By 5pm they had changed the oil and airfilter... Went to go drive it today, they havent even reset the fecken service indicator warning.

I still have a bunch of stuff to check off my "discount card of free labour" but Id honestly rather just pay the money and take to someone who knows what they are doing.

Pay peanuts, get Monkeys.

/endrant

Was this the Manukau branch?

I have the same 'discount' card and took my wagon in to get a 'brake inspection and adjustment with written report'.

After they finished I asked about the brake fluid, and they had forgotten to check it (!!!!!!!!!!) so they rushed into the carpark and checked it and said the level was ok.

I asked what condition the fluid was in and whether it needed replacing and they just shrugged and said "um, it should be fine".

Getting concerned I had to politely explain to them what a brake fluid tester was and that it checked the water content in the fluid to which they responded "oh, we don't have fancy tools like that". FFS those 'fancy' tools are only $200.

And after several promises of their "written report" turns out there was no such thing.

I had to get it checked elsewhere and it turned out the fluid was due for replacement.

They shouldn't be advertising stuff they cant do properly, especially when it concerns safety.

Rant over.

• Like 2

Yup Manukau branch, I doubt they even have a obd2 doofa or they wouldve reset the service light on the golf, you can even do it through the gauge cluster by holding a few buttons.... Agreed, they shouldnt be advertising the can do stuff when they dont have the gear or knowledge to do it. Stick to doing HP chromies....

I left a message on their facebook page with a 1 star review... they will be in contact haha ;)

Hey Chris, thanks for the feedback here.
Good or bad, we always appreciate customers know where we've done well or tripped up but it's unfortunate that it's happened twice with you.
Talking with our w/a tech, yes it was something he wasn't aware of at
the time but this camber adjustment isn't common on all vehicles and would take more than the standard alignment to put into action. The sticker tho, yep that's fairly obvious and that's been pointed out.
As for your wife's VW, we conducted a major check of the vehicle, went over all fluids thoroughly and did the wheel alignment. As with any review there's a they said/we said side to the story but the time frame was a little longer than expected initially, and we apologized for this.
The service light reset was inspected but wasn't located by our technician so if it's not obvious then there's a chance it could be missed.
We certainly appreciate you giving us the opportunity as mentioned and our team will be in touch soon to talk over things further.
Thanks again for your input
Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1

they shouldnt be advertising the can do stuff when they dont have the gear or knowledge to do it.

^^^^^ this

The scary thing is most people who get their 'discount' card are not mechanically minded and will have no idea the work / tests are not done properly.

The service light reset was inspected but wasn't located by our technician so if it's not obvious then there's a chance it could be missed

I like that the best. They did a "major check" on the vehicle, but missed the beeping flashing warning light and text that says SERVICE on the dashboard? :D Dont hold up much hope for the stuff that doesnt beep and and flash...

what a standard "f**k-you-and-your-1-star-review-but-im-gonna-try-sound-professional" reply

smh

When you attempt to join an M3 forum.. Put up a welcome of basic nature and BOOM. Banned.

Agh.

Posted Image

• Like 1

My feet got cold getting a sh*t load of fish and scallops this weekend... WTF is wrong with our climate.... it should be warm

BTW... the scallops were too big to put in your mouth whole... and we had 160 of them

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 1