Apex

Quick rant thread.

Can I borrow some tapes for my 2001 $200,000 7 series?

• Like 5

Can I borrow some tapes for my 2001 $200,000 7 series?

you can HAVE some tapes for your 2001 200 000 7 series(wether you want to keep them is another story)

Same issue, do you know how hard they are to get, real live blank tapes!!

Just for nostalgia of cause

I've got a whole box of them somewhere... I'll try finding them...might have some blanks as well

Just found eleven at work... I'm sure of got a box full at home. I've also got a very large box of vinyl here at work somewhere if anyone might be interested I'll go looking.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

$1700 gone in the wind, ordered laptop online, EMS lost it, ain't nobody wanna pay for it. :sigh: Talking it over with my CC bank.

EDIT: did I mention that I have been waiting for the laptop for the past 4 months? ;sigh:

Edited by The Juggernaut
  • Like 1

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-946199398.htm

When people try sell project cars that are barely projects.

An E30 with no engine and 2JZ supplied with no engine mounts or ANY key work done does not constitute being a project with a few things left to be done.

That's just a collection of incompatible parts.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-946199398.htm

When people try sell project cars that are barely projects.

An E30 with no engine and 2JZ supplied with no engine mounts or ANY key work done does not constitute being a project with a few things left to be done.

That's just a collection of incompatible parts.

think of the other E30s that can be had for that coin.

My old cars been on tardme for a week, cheap as at $5k reserve for quick sale. As of tonight im up to txt number 6 of low balling dreamers.

So this is scary. just tried to insure my new Suzuki Swift Sport, all was going well until it came time to list the modifications. So, to be clear the mods lists are adjustable suspension, exhaust, pod filter and wheels. Nothing too serious. That all went well, other than the stupid woman not knowing what a modified intake was, but then suddenly im slapped with a $2000 excess because my car is "excessively modified". When questioned they claim its system imposed and nothing they can do about it. When i questioned why out of all my cars insured with them i have never had a special excess, she didnt want to hear about it.

I pushed further and demanded to speak to her supervisor because she was just arguing with me. She refused, telling me that he would say the same thing. After much argument i finally get put through to a supervisor, who indeed does proceed to tell me the same thing (obviously in the 5 minutes on hold she brought him up to date), but when i questioned him about why i have never had this excess before, he decided to do some further digging.

As it turns out, the reason i didnt have a special excess on my previous cars? because they never noted all the modifications at all.

My golf, which had a modified exhaust, adjustable suspension, carbon front and rear, and tints was listed as just an exhaust and lowering. My turbo integra type r, which i advised of each and every part was listed as alloy wheels and exhaust (not even turbo). Basically, if i had stacked any of them, or had them stolen they would have had grounds to void my claim on the basis i never declared the modifications.

Essentially what it came down to, is apparently 4 modifications is enough to increase the performance of a suzuki swift to the point where it is racekar and high risk and all my previous cars have not had their modifications correctly declared.

My partner is now arranging to speak with a broker and i will be taking ALL my insurance (both cars and contents) away from STATE INSURANCE and having them correctly insured elsewhere as i cannot trust State to have competently insured me.

This is just a warning to make damn sure you're insured correctly.

• Like 6

State have been horrific for many years, back when I was a teenager, I had my skyline insured under my mothers policy, with me as a registered driver.

Had a woopsie, rear end a crappy old galant. Skyline broke a headlight, Galant was written off. Insurance all went through fine.

1 month later, State sent me a letter saying they were taking me to court for insurance fraud, along with a bill for $8000. Much legal shenanigans later, I didnt pay, and am blacklisted from state insurance. Wouldnt touch them with a barge pole either.

I used to work for a panel beater in Hamilton, they refused to do work for state insurance as state never paid what it actually cost to repair cars.

FYI, Im insured through AMI, who gobbled up CLIC insurance (modfied cars), and they have been shweet as to deal with, home/contents & 3 cars, including old swapped engine coilovers etc E30, no complaints.

s[eaking of insurance,its a bit like a cafe or restaurant....they only as good as your last experience.A few years ago i had a mishap in the e34,This was late on boxing day.A phone call on the morning of the 27th of dec had a flat deck tow truck knocking on my door within 30 minutes.The car was towed and half fixed before i actually had filed an actual claim!

A week a go(a wednesday morning) the mrs had a small accident and rear ended another vehicle.His tow bar went straight through the radiator.Filed on line clam that night.saturday the car is still sitting on the side of the road,vero assures us tow company has been advised.Tow comany hasnt read their emals.Get a phone call on about tuesday from the panel beater...is this your car?,whats it doing here.....not a good start compared to my previous experience with Vero

Brain farts that make you look silly.

Like replying to a nine year old thread. Dooh

• Like 4

Brain farts that make you look silly.

Like replying to a nine year old thread. Dooh

Just wondering. Did you search for something that brought up that thread? Or was it just at the top of your list?

May not have been your fault mate.

STATE INSURANCE

have a search under the general section of the forum for insurance stuff. I had a similar thing happen to me with State around 12 years back. And have heard a similar story every year since.

Just wondering. Did you search for something that brought up that thread? Or was it just at the top of your list?

May not have been your fault mate.

Pretty sure it was at the top of the list when I opened the sub forum.

Still though..lol Rookie error.

• Like 1

The starter on the m43 only being attached to the gearbox -_- , why can't it be connected to the block

^^^^^^ Nearly ALL starters are. The Generals V6's & V8's are the only ones connected to the block that come to mind.

Having a wet footwell in the e28.

Cut it out, Flintstones style!

^^^^^^ Nearly ALL starters are. The Generals V6's & V8's are the only ones connected to the block that come to mind.

My dozen is bolted to the block too, but its probably pushing 2kVA so it needs to be.