Apex

Quick rant thread.

Drunk drivers this time of year .....

Car came across three lanes . Braked hard and just missed car and medium barrier. A few cms in it.The car wobbled between lanes for a while.

was this on SH2 yesterday? the boss was telling me all about it this morning probably the same guy

Good to see the quickrant thread is on form today...

• Like 2

was this on SH2 yesterday? the boss was telling me all about it this morning probably the same guy

Was on the Gorge just after the rail bridge. Saw my abs marks on the road today !

It's the 2nd time in the same area.

Mind you, wasn't as bad as going under the back of a truck in the days where trucks could go across and down the gorge from the side lanes. That one took out my windscreen, roof pillar and drivers side window.

• Like 1

Saw my abs marks on the road today !

So, how does that work?

despite its name ABS doesnt completely stop your wheels locking, they pulse.

despite its name ABS doesnt completely stop your wheels locking, they pulse.

Yes they pulse but only the earliest systems actually lock.

Even if they did lock the duration would be so infinitesimal that any tyre marks left on the road would be unidentifiable.

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Like 1

typing a monster update on a build thread, accidentally click off the box, press back space, the page jumps back and loose the bloody lot.

Lets try that again on MS word where i can save....

• Like 2

Came across this obscenity on UK website, stucco finished Lexus GS.
Horrible car anyway, but what the heck!!!

Is it sinful that I sort of like it? Finished in black it might not look too bad

Ugh... That's pretty nasty - Satin paint would be better! I guess if you have something that immensly boring looking, something like this might make it interesting :D

My brother in law has 2 of these... He thinks they're awesome... The only feeling they give me, is CAMRY, with leather.

(PS, yes - I realise these aren't the camry based ones)

That must be a bastard to clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't know how you'd clean it, seems like a mold magnet with all those dimples and imperfections

Ugh... That's pretty nasty - Satin paint would be better! I guess if you have something that immensly boring looking, something like this might make it interesting :D

My brother in law has 2 of these... He thinks they're awesome... The only feeling they give me, is CAMRY, with leather.

(PS, yes - I realise these aren't the camry based ones)

Haha yeah, they're great quality cars, but by god have an unappealing aesthetic, Lexus was good a turning out uninspired designs in the late 90s early 2000s.

At least they've improved since.

• Like 1

^would imagine that the aggregate in this case would be polymer based so should be fairly soft. water blasting is probably not an option.

mall dings. twice. and they look bad. on the company car. curses to Lynn Mall and their denizens.

People!!! No idea how to design them... even less idea how to drive on them!!!!!!

• Like 1

Councils thinking it's OK to just drop gravel/chip on top of tar bleed and wait for the trucks to mash it in as a cheap fix.

• Like 7

Councils thinking it's OK to just drop gravel/chip on top of tar bleed and wait for the trucks to mash it in as a cheap fix.

Bring back Ministry of works and there big rollers.

• Like 1

Yep seen that too. Talked to a Roller driver recently while fixing the machine. Thinking he was in a hurry to get back to rolling the seal that had just been laid, his response - "na the traffic will do it" No wonder our roads pack up!

Yep seen that too. Talked to a Roller driver recently while fixing the machine. Thinking he was in a hurry to get back to rolling the seal that had just been laid, his response - "na the traffic will do it" No wonder our roads pack up!

I was part of the group of motorcyclists that went off the road near tokoroa on boxing day. I made it through the corner, but 2 friends and dad didn't. Gravel had been dropped mid corner in an attempt to fix tar bleed, so 3 bikes ended up in the water table and dad still in hospital. The bikes just dissapeared from under them with no chance.

Police were pissed off as 3 people had died a few days before on the same roads for similar reasons.

I was part of the group of motorcyclists that went off the road near tokoroa on boxing day. I made it through the corner, but 2 friends and dad didn't. Gravel had been dropped mid corner in an attempt to fix tar bleed, so 3 bikes ended up in the water table and dad still in hospital. The bikes just dissapeared from under them with no chance.

Police were pissed off as 3 people had died a few days before on the same roads for similar reasons.

Where is OSH, if this was in an work place the council would have been held responsible and charge whit manslaughter.

And if some metal fall's of the back of an truck, they get done for insecure loading.

• Like 2

Police are trying to prosecute the council, but they are doubtful it will get far.

near miss with a rougue Christmas tree on the nth western motorway , near all the new ramps etc ,

so a few cars nearly hit it in my mirror.

car and trailer up ahead pulls over to do his load

Police are trying to prosecute the council, but they are doubtful it will get far.

SH1 southbound approaching Te Kauwhata from Hampton Downs is an absolute shambles - craters appearing in the road surface where the surface has been ripped up after the tar has melted.

Same problem northbound approaching Dragway Road at Meremere (again). This is an annual event - scrape, tar, chippings, let the traffic bed them in while the cars get chewed by flying stones.

^

well, it is a swamp.

And a lot of heavy traffic over the coarse of the year.